PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill 3 Possessed ending glitched?

Gio De Janiero
04-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Beat it with 4,699 points of damage and received the regular ending. Anyone else have the same problem?

Herr Shaun
04-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Did you forgive the person in the confessional?

Gio De Janiero
04-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Did you forgive the person in the confessional?

Yeah I did, I reloaded the last part again right before the boss and got beat it with 4,388 points of damage and still nothing.

zhoban
04-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah I did, I reloaded the last part again right before the boss and got beat it with 4,388 points of damage and still nothing.
Odd, try doing what I did and just have the final boss burn through your medical supplies. Once you've used up all of it kill it. That's what I did. If it helps any I was on Normal and had killed about 190 enemies and taken about 1300 damage. Most of which was probably the final boss.

wordvirus
04-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Not sure if this is true, but I had read in addition to getting the 4000 points 1000 for forgiving in the confessional and the rest divide people between killing and taking damage you have to make sure that you do not talk to the detective in the amusement park. Well talk again that is after the cut scene with him just go through the gate. Also not verified some people say not to pickup his notebook/journal.

Like I said not sure if it is true burning personally did this:
Forgave in the confessional
Killed around 150 enemies maybe a little more or less I forget the exact number.
And took the rest of the 4000 points in damage. Like the other person said just let the final boss damage you until you need to heal rinse and repeat until all healing items are gone.
I did not go back and talk to the detective and did not pick up his notebook.

Also a note I did it on easy and was still able to get enough kills. Although most people recommend playing on normal.

Herr Shaun
04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
I just got the Possessed ending earlier. For your reference, here's what I did:

- Set the Action and Puzzle difficulty to Normal/Normal
- Primarily used the Unlimited SMG (hit enemies at all ranges and not worry about ammo)
- Killed every enemy I encountered
- Reentered rooms and previously explored areas of Silent Hill streets to kill respawns
- Picked up every health item available (use these maps (http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/561292-silent-hill-3/faqs) for reference)
- Forgave the confessor (in a room just beyond the first door inside the church)
- Let the God boss damage me until I had used all health items and was at critical status

When it comes to the God boss fight, stand out of range of melee and let the fire hit you. If you are at full health, 2 hits from the flames will take you down to red (one or two hits away from death). If you are hit with melee swings you risk the boss dealing too much damage and killing you. Once you have used your last health item to heal you to full, let the boss hit you two more times with flames to get you down to red again for extra damage. Keep out of range and fire with the Unlimited SMG. Run to once side and fire, and as the boss begins to conjure flames, run to the other side and you will not get hit by them (even when the boss starts conjuring two lines of flames). You will need to do this about 15 to 20 times before the boss finally dies.

Because of the difficulty of this run-through, I would recommend not making this your 2 saves or less run. On Normal or higher you can walk right off cliffs and die instantly, so make sure to save often.