PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain incapacitating enemies?

Rascalov
04-04-2012, 06:34 AM
I'm using the pseudo-roadmap, and it says you should not kill any enemies on yoyr first playthrough. You have to incapacitate them. I encountered the first enemy in the basement of the house and attacked it with the knife until it fell to the ground. When it was on the ground, I just left it and its body disappeared. Does that count as incapacitating? If not, can anyone explain how exactly you incapacitate an enemy without killing them? Thanks :)

ImaginaryRuins
04-04-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm using the pseudo-roadmap, and it says you should not kill any enemies on yoyr first playthrough. You have to incapacitate them. I encountered the first enemy in the basement of the house and attacked it with the knife until it fell to the ground. When it was on the ground, I just left it and its body disappeared. Does that count as incapacitating? If not, can anyone explain how exactly you incapacitate an enemy without killing them? Thanks :)

Killing counts only when you further strike down a DOWNED enemy. If it dies in a fight you are fine. Check the statistics menu to see if it shows enemy killed as 0. If yes, move on; if not, reload.

Devilishdemento
04-21-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi there. There is quite a significant difference between incapacitating and killing an enemy. To incapacitate an enemy, keep hitting it until it falls down. DO NOT hit it while it is on the ground! If it is simply incapacitated and not dead, it should be writhing around making noise - get away from it as quickly as possible, as it will soon get up and attack you again. (Note, that even though it gets back up it will still have counted as incapacitation. You cannot incapacitate the same enemy more than once, though.) If you have killed the enemy, it will be silent and unmoving. You can also check the Statistics page in your Pause Menu to check whether you killed an enemy or not.

It's best not to use guns for any of the achievements to do with incapacitation, simple because guns will often kill the enemy without incapacitating them.

Gor1lla
04-21-2012, 06:02 PM
It won't count as "killed", if you knocked/shoot the enemy to the ground and they don't move.
During the elevator part i shot manymanymany enemies and still had 0 kills at the end of it

Ameno
06-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Killing counts only when you further strike down a DOWNED enemy. If it dies in a fight you are fine. Check the statistics menu to see if it shows enemy killed as 0. If yes, move on; if not, reload.

Thank you sir I didn't even know you could do that. :)