PDA

View Full Version : The only thing holding me back from 10* is boat time and 38 pts of damage >_<

lowtek
04-04-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm saved right before Abstract Daddy and I've gotten to the point where I can beat him while only being grabbed one or two times and I can beat Eddie by only getting punched a couple times. The 38 pts are coming from the two doormen in the hallway to get the elevator key and the photograph with the combination to music box in briefcase. So if anyone knows a way to avoid these guys or kill them w/o getting hit, any help is appreciated. I can make it to the door by turning off my light and running to the door, but once I come out either door they latch onto me two or three times.

As for the boat time, I've only managed to get under 1:20 ONCE, I know because I used a timer and it also did the lag thing it does during the cutscene when you go under par. I always over turn my paddle a little to much to the left or right of the light so buy the time I get there, I'd be JUST under time, but I'm too far askew to get the cutscene to happen.

Rage66
04-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Oh my God i hated that Room... this is by far the worst Room in the Entire Game.. these Guys are a Pain in the Ass they Jump right in your Face and RIP it off :mad: ... Problem is you can't run past them because they are so F'ing Fat....

There is only 1 thing you can do and it worked for me 2 out of 3 times so here we go...

BEFORE you enter the Room Equip your SHOTGUN and Turn off your Flashlight. Now Move up and AIM down the Hallway PRESS LT to change the Camera Angle.. if your lucky only one of them Dash in your direction... now Shoot him once not twice... let him come closer.. when he is close enough shoot again and he will drop.. kick his Ass and get the hell out off there. Reenter the Room and kill the 2nd.

As for the Boat: Have you tried my Method in the other Tread? maybe it works for you too.. just give it a try.

lowtek
04-04-2012, 07:15 AM
What other method? Laying controller in lap and using palms on the control sticks?

Rage66
04-04-2012, 07:25 AM
yep, also i don't know for sure but .. go to the Extra Options and enable the Option for Running without holding the X button.. i don't know if that affect your Boat speed but you should give it a try.

lowtek
04-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Where is that option located?

Rage66
04-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Go to Options > press RB/LB for the Extra Menu.. i don't know what it's called in English. Reverse Run / Walking ?

lowtek
04-04-2012, 08:00 AM
OMFG YES IT WORKED!!! I am eternally in your debt. The reverse run seemed to work. Or at least maybe it was just the placebo I needed. Who cares, I just got 10 fucking gold stars!

I found out a way to skip the door guys both ways. Coming through first time, turn off light and run against right wall. Coming out of the door through a second time, run against the opposite wall, again without lights.

Whew, finally did it. 480 damage too. If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna pass out now...

Rage66
04-04-2012, 08:18 AM
haha Nice :P Congrats :woop:

ZoMbiE_DooMsDaY
04-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I just beat the game as well and got a 9.5 the only things that were not gold were enemy's killed by shooting,Boat stage time and total damage...now I was wondering...if I replay from my last save and take less damage and do the boat time thing could I still get the 10 star and not worry about enemys killed? Cause 9.5 seems really close for have not gotton three of them to gold...

lowtek
04-04-2012, 01:19 PM
It's got to be all three. I had two previous runs where I was even tallying down my kills of each type and I kept coming up short in fighting by 11-14. I decided to tackle those mainly. The only time I went for shooting kills was after meeting Maria, I walked around a bit before going into the bowling alley. Everywhere else I just did fighting (shoot them to the ground then stomp). When I left hospital I had 44 fighting and 19 shooting.

Then after you get the extra shotgun ammo out of the quiz box you should have plenty of shotgun ammo. In the streets I wrapped up not only all the fighting but nearly all the shooting. If you know the ammo locations and you make sure to go up and down every street you should nearly have the requirement for both. It also helps to know that the game usually "stutters" when you hit your 75th kill as if that's when the achievement would pop.

ZoMbiE_DooMsDaY
04-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Yea went back and got gold on the damage and boat and had only 50 shooting kills still got a 9.5 lol Got screwed of the achievemnt by 26 kills lol Oh well it was my first run so can't complain...and boy do those doormen SUCK!!! but the flashlight off and hugging the left wall worked perfect :)

Rage66
04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
when I tried to run past them they always Blocked & grabbed me :mad:

AlterEgo3561
04-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Ouch that really sucks... I feel your pain though my 10 star run I missed gold by 5 seconds on the boat. I had to go all the way back and fight Eddy again after doing it almost perfect before, felt like my soul had been crushed.

jakspald22
04-07-2012, 11:17 PM
when I tried to run past them they always Blocked & grabbed me :mad:

I used the hunting rifle on the doormen in that hall. It took like three shots to kill the first one and for some reason the second one always ran the other way. So I actually had to run down the hall after him and another three shots from the hunting rifle and they were both down for the count