PDA

View Full Version : You must have Jedi reflexes achievement - special requirements?

capthorp
04-04-2012, 12:45 PM
So I played through the Destiny option of pod racing last night, I did one race, then quit, played some Rancor Rampage and then went back to it.
I completed the last 5 races in one sitting, then chose to start Destiny + option. I raced all 6 of those in one sitting using no assists turned on, and didn't get the achievement.
Can anyone confirm that Destiny+ does not count towards this? Doing Destiny+ also does not change the difficulty level to get you the next tiered difficulty achievement for Professional, so it could be that you need to restart the Destiny option choosing either the same base difficulty (Rookie, Pro or Veteran) or select a new difficulty, not choosing Destiny +.

capthorp
04-04-2012, 12:56 PM
With further investigation, I now know why it didn't unlock. Even though you select disabled, you need to enter the race settings option before starting a race and ensure that Drive Line is disabled, and possibly race all 6 races in each division, Rookie, Pro and Veteran.
I'm through Rookie and Pro, and no achievement leading me to believe that you need all difficulty levels.

PANIC ATTACK 10
04-04-2012, 08:15 PM
ya you cant have the line on. also you need to race on a certain difficulty. complete all races in one session.

capthorp
04-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Well up till now I've tried it on Rookie and Professional both with no luck. There's no mention of it being difficulty based as many other achievements unlocked on these difficulties. I'm going to run a Veteran play through tonite and see what happens.
There's only 1 person on TA that has this achievement so far and I've sent amessage requesting how they got it. I don't expect a reply but it's worth a shot.

PANIC ATTACK 10
04-04-2012, 11:21 PM
i'll try for it tonight & post my results. could be needs to be done in one session though. :)

ok you need to do it in one session. no assists & no driving line ( green line). complete the whole circuit in one session. ie all races. sounds tough!

capthorp
04-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Like my original post states, done on Rookie in one sitting and done on Professional in one sitting. Unless they expect you to run all 3 difficulties in one sitting or a Destiny run, then a Destiny + run in one sitting, I'm lost. Couple days and we should figure it out though.

capthorp
04-05-2012, 01:46 AM
OK. So I got it finally. Here is what I did from start to finish to ensure that it popped.
- Started a New save slot instead of the one that I had been using all day.
- Chose a different character than I had been using as well
- Chose to disable assists when setting up initial settings
- Chose Rookie difficulty level
- Went through the tutorial, even though it has racing line enabled, once the first race is about to start disable racing line
- Didn't barely move a muscle between scenes and races, in the event that there were recognition issues causing it to think that I had left the playspace
- Finished 1st in every race (not sure if this matters as long as you finish 1st in last race)
- While on the podium for the last race it popped immediately

W00000t....mystery solved

Sith Jedi 7
04-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Can anyone confirm that you have to get 1st on all of the races or just place to advance?

PANIC ATTACK 10
04-05-2012, 07:31 PM
thanks for roadmap, i'll try this tonight. i couldnt get it to pop yet either :) maybe you do have to come in first place. will do that next on my original file to see.

SolidSnarf86
04-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I can confirm you are required to get 1st Place in all races. Raced in ROOKIE and got 2nd on Felucia and Boonta Eve the first time. Went back and did it again on ROOKIE on DESTINY+ and got 1st in all races. Popped up as soon as I hit the trophy awarding screen.

PANIC ATTACK 10
04-10-2012, 06:01 PM
I can confirm you are required to get 1st Place in all races. Raced in ROOKIE and got 2nd on Felucia and Boonta Eve the first time. Went back and did it again on ROOKIE on DESTINY+ and got 1st in all races. Popped up as soon as I hit the trophy awarding screen.

awesome & thanks!

AngelCld9
04-10-2012, 09:33 PM
I am having a lot of issues with the system recognizing me for the entirety of the races... FRUSTRATING

PANIC ATTACK 10
04-11-2012, 07:55 PM
try your lighting