PDA

View Full Version : SH2 & SH3 Saves 2 or less help

Creazil
04-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Where should I save for the first and/or the second time in both games? I've just arrived at Brookhaven Hospital in SH2 without saving.

Gio De Janiero
04-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Where should I save for the first and/or the second time in both games? I've just arrived at Brookhaven Hospital in SH2 without saving.

Well it depends how confident u are n what difficulty level ur playing. If ur playing on hard and going for the 10 star ranking at the end of the hospital when pyramid head chases u and Maria if u think u can get through that part while slowing down pyramid head by shooting him then then I wouldn't use a save yet, but remember that if Maria is in ur line of fire 1 shot from ur gun will kill her, so again it depends how confident u r. I would wait until you get to the save point right before abstract daddy (doorman) for ur first save n ur 2nd save should be at the graveyard before fighting Eddie.

Creazil
04-04-2012, 10:25 PM
No, I did it on Easy just so I can rush the bosses. I did SH2 and saved when I got to the hotel and that's the only save I used. 1hr 54m

EDIT: How about SH3 saves then? I completed SH3 for the first time since like 2006 in 3 hrs 30 mins, which was actually shorter than my first SH2 playthrough since 2006 aswell.

SH3 will be an easier run for me. But where do I save? Lakeside near the haunted house due to that red light thing?

Herr Shaun
04-05-2012, 12:00 AM
When you're going for the SH3 run with 2 or less saves, you should do it on easy or beginner difficulty to ensure you don't die from monsters.

One of your saves should definitely be before the haunted house because of the red light. As for the other one, I'd say either in the subway area before you do the subway train dodge with the dogs, or just before the god fight near the end.

Ceris
04-05-2012, 05:13 AM
You could always wait until you get 333kills in SH3 so you have Heather Beam and can get the UFO ending. The UFO ending ends the game when you reach Heather's apartment.

wordvirus
04-05-2012, 06:05 PM
For SH3 I just did my 2 save playthrough the other day. I played on easy and saved once when I got to Silent Hill in the hospital and the other right before the final boss. I ended up not dying at all.

You could also make your first save at the apartment right before the boss, but he's really easy with the shotgun and super easy with the unlimited subs. I beat him in 9 seconds with unlimited subs.

Herr Shaun
04-05-2012, 08:05 PM
I just got the achievement on my UFO ending run.

Save #1 was in the subway level before stepping off the platform.
Save #2 was in the Hilltop Center before crossing to the otherworld.

Creazil
04-07-2012, 08:32 PM
You could always wait until you get 333kills in SH3 so you have Heather Beam and can get the UFO ending. The UFO ending ends the game when you reach Heather's apartment.

I'm doing this now. Doing a hard playthrough and killing everything I see with the unlimited submachine gun. Although, the dogs in the offices seem to crowd me VERY quickly whether I stop to kill them or not. But yeah, I'm going for this now as I had it in PS2 (12 completed saves :L I loved the game). And you know, out of all those saves, I never played it on Hard.