PDA

View Full Version : Proficiency grinding?

Onyxflamegod
04-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Any good places for this that don't take a while?
I know I can replay the prelude stage over and over, and easily get it in a single battle, but getting to the enemies is a timekiller. So are there any stages that are good for grinding a lv10-15 character to S in one battle, relatively fast?
Just wondering because I still have about 90 of the characters left to do, out of the ones I have unlocked, and I honestly don't enjoy playing as a lot of them.

ponypo2001
04-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Fast leveling Method & Stage Max out Weapons Compatibility, Character Proficiency, EXP and Gems Warrior Orochi 3 - YouTube

This looks a good place.

AlterEgo3561
04-06-2012, 02:51 AM
This is my one gripe with this game I haaaaaaaate grinding through a bunch of officers that I otherwise would never touch.

But as for your question I have been playing through the Battle of Ueda Castle with Dodomeki in my team it usually takes two rounds to max a character and takes about 8-10 minutes to do. I have heard alot of people say Rescue at Yi Ling is the best but I cant seem to get a pattern down for it.

Onyxflamegod
04-06-2012, 11:59 AM
I'll try those stages and see which works best for me, then. Thanks for the answers.

xRyux
04-08-2012, 04:04 PM
This is my one gripe with this game I haaaaaaaate grinding through a bunch of officers that I otherwise would never touch.

But as for your question I have been playing through the Battle of Ueda Castle with Dodomeki in my team it usually takes two rounds to max a character and takes about 8-10 minutes to do. I have heard alot of people say Rescue at Yi Ling is the best but I cant seem to get a pattern down for it.

Yeah, Battle of Ueda Castle is probably the best way to do it and if you're using characters that are still lvl 1, I would use growth points till their lvl 20 so they have their ex attacks and all charge attacks unlocked as well. Just find a pattern that works for you on the stage and I recommend doing it on Hard and rush officers but make sure Zhuge Dan, Taishi Ci, and Wang Yuanji don't die.

Strid
04-08-2012, 07:19 PM

Wait, you'd seriously waste time on characters you do not like, nor have a desire to play, just to increase a completely meaningless number? That's not hardcore, nor dedication, none of that, that's just silly.

AlterEgo3561
04-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Wait, you'd seriously waste time on characters you do not like, nor have a desire to play, just to increase a completely meaningless number? That's not hardcore, nor dedication, none of that, that's just silly.

??? the hell are you talking about?

amuro98
04-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Someone's obviously never played a Koei Warriors game before...

AlterEgo3561
04-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Not sure who that was directed at? (Played DW3, 3XL, 4, 5, 5 Empires, 6, 6 Empires, 7, Orochi 1, Orochi 3)

In the comment I made earlier I was referring to the Kaleidoscope of Time achievement (which is why I am confused as to what Strid was going for with his comment) which requires you to eventually raise all characters proficiency to S rank. Obviously I am a fan of the Warriors Series but that doesn’t mean I am ever going to like grinding characters that I don’t like playing as.

Strid
04-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Obviously I am a fan of the Warriors Series but that doesnít mean I am ever going to like grinding characters that I donít like playing as.

So then don't do it, that is the point I was trying to make. No one cares if you 1000 the game but you, and even if you care it isn't going to get you anywhere (it doesn't mean anything). Might as well go do something more enjoyable.

AlterEgo3561
04-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Please go look at the name of the website you are posting on. If you don't care about that meaningless number or achievements in general then I have absolutely no idea why you are even here.

On that note perhaps I get a feeling of self-satisfaction getting 1000 out of a game? Perhaps I like knowing I have gotten 100% of a game before I stop playing it? Either way my reasons are my own and again it does not mean I have to like the fact that there is a long boring grind achievement. Did I say the game was bad? Nope, Did I say the game itself was not fun to play? Nope, all I said was the one thing I don’t like about it is a single grindy achievement.

From what I am gathering you didn't really have a point other than to be unnecessarily rude on an internet forum devoted to something that you would later say is meaningless.

In the end I apologize to the TC for the rather silly direction this thread has gone. To get back on track I experimented a bit more with rescue at Yi Ling and found it to be much quicker than Ueda Castle however in order to use it I would use points to level a character up to at least 10 then set the stage to easy. Depending on the characters, I was on average able to level two from proficiency G to S in a single round.

Onyxflamegod
04-16-2012, 05:15 AM
It's fine, Ego. Things get off topic sometimes, nothing to worry too much about.

But to add to the suggestions for stages, I'll have to say I have the most luck at Yi Ling as well. Especially seeing as I don't bother starting a character's proficiency until I've gotten the weapon I know they are going to end with, post game. The problem being that in almost all cases, those weapons are big star weapons and thus have horrible attack starting off, and even clear through getting S rank they only end at +4 usually.

What I do is I get the character their weapon and stack as much industry and harmony on it as I can, and put on a spear of sacrifice to make up for the low stats from the weapon, and a mystic brace. Then I power them up with growth points ranging 15-20 depending how useless the character is. Grab Dodomeki, and run the stage. Usually takes 2 runs roughly. If it's a really REALLY bad character however, I'll run the battle of Yi Ling instead though.

I figure the way I do it may take a bit longer for the achievement, but I'm a perfectionist. I'll end up getting everyone's strongest weapons anyhow, may as well start their weapon before I start proficiency.

L KIRA HAYABUSA
04-17-2012, 01:49 AM
I do the Battle of Tong Gate- Redux with a constant Dodomeki S rank proficiency. He helps your people get it up faster, also add a +20 Mystic Brace, two runs should do you good with an S rank for both people.

Thomaszero
04-18-2012, 03:02 PM
What I do for Yi Ling is, after killing all the officers in the maze and the middle, I head straight for the bridge on the right side. After getting the fire, all the officers should be advancing toward you, and with almost half health. Easy peasy :)

Dead End Kyo
04-29-2012, 03:06 PM
I personally use Chapter 2; Battle of Anegawa, sure it takes about 7-8 minutes to complete but you can almost get a single character to S rank within that time provided you have Industry +10, get the Mystic Brace to +20 & have Dodomeki in your party, even without Industry +10 you can still get to rank A-B in a single run.

bentiancai
04-29-2012, 04:28 PM
I would suggest to play the rescue of Yiling in chapter 3 for boosting proficiency, since the route is unique and there is no tough enemy warriors. Make sure u put dodomeki in ur team, it will take 20 minutes to boost two characters from G to S, a minimun of 2500+ kills will be needed.

BigPopov
04-30-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm using Rescue Yiling too and it works great.

I will generally use one character who is good and one who is bad (on the horse). The character that is good you start off with, working down enemies from full health. When you get to the bridge and the fire breaks out, I switch to the "bad" character (you know who I'm talking about, the ones with really small hit ranges, low damage, weird/ineffective weapons.)

The great thing about the post-fire is that all enemies are one hit kills, it makes weak characters WAY more tolerable. I don't think I could seriously take leveling the bow users. And there's like 3 or 4 of them.