PDA

View Full Version : Kinect Problems

C Dott 96
04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
My kinect sensor has started to pick up a black mass to one side even though there is absolutely nothing there? Has anyone else had this problem or know of a fix ? It is affecting gameplay as it will not detect anything on the right side of the screen, i have tried body tracking but it says it can detect me then it says to retrack whenever i enter the game again. So any tips on fixes or explanations as to what is wrong would be appreciated.

Purified666
04-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Seems like camera issue, if you still have your waranty just give it back to the store... They will probably repair it or even give you a new one (if it's a reasonable store)

C Dott 96
04-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Seems like camera issue, if you still have your waranty just give it back to the store... They will probably repair it or even give you a new one (if it's a reasonable store)

Unfortunately the GAME store i purchased it from has closed down and i think the warranty is out as well :( but i realised it only happened whenever the sun got bright outside, even though there was no direct sunlight in the room it made the kinect sensor detect a large black mass coming from the wall beside the window, will just have to play at night from now on. thanks for the advice anyway :)

StrongoFYB
04-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Have you tried moving it? Could be wherever it is, it's picking up the black spot from something. Could also be the lense. Have you tried wiping/dusting the sensor?

Hexen
05-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know a good way to have lighting. My room is somewhat dark. When I turn on more lights the sensor does not recognize some movements.

Kinkimono
06-04-2012, 12:13 AM
I had big black mass on my screen when I had too much sunlight comming in from one window, never had that problem without sunlight. Dim lights seems to work much better than strong lights for me so those energy saving light bulbs does wonders for my kinect recognition.