PDA

View Full Version : Offical Ghost Recon FS Beta

Pr0ph3cy
04-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Beta begins April 19th and ends May 2nd.

Splinter Cell Conviction owners can play on that day and online events will give out beta keys during the release of beta.

Cya in the game :uzi:

Zukied
04-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Sweet thanks for the info

WoodsMonk
04-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I bought a brand new (sealed) copy of Splinter Cell Conviction, Do i need to do anything...?:confused:

Berserker2501
04-05-2012, 07:43 PM
So there are there any perks of having splinter cell and accessing the beta through there?

fastNcurious
04-05-2012, 08:13 PM
When they say it's available to Splinter Cell owners, do I actually need to have the disc in the tray to download, register, or play? Or does UPlay/whatever automatically knows I had played Splinter Cell?

I had the game on day one, but have since traded it in.

MikeAK
04-05-2012, 11:16 PM
When they say it's available to Splinter Cell owners, do I actually need to have the disc in the tray to download, register, or play? Or does UPlay/whatever automatically knows I had played Splinter Cell?

You actually need the disk. The Beta is accessible through the the SC:C game menu when you launch the disk. No disk means no play... unless you have a Beta code.

Pr0ph3cy
04-06-2012, 01:06 AM
I bought a brand new (sealed) copy of Splinter Cell Conviction, Do i need to do anything...?:confused:
just wait till the 19th and you're good to go

So there are there any perks of having splinter cell and accessing the beta through there?
no. Early access was taken away for Splinter Cell users

You actually need the disk. The Beta is accessible through the the SC:C game menu when you launch the disk. No disk means no play... unless you have a Beta code.
What he said

DividedbyN1ght
04-06-2012, 10:51 AM
The multiplayer will support up to 12 players on each map, and will allow you to choose from three classes: Rifleman, Engineer and Scout.

In the beta, you will get access to two game modes.

Conflict is a mode where players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins.
In Saboteur (available starting April 26th), a bomb spawns in a central location at the beginning of the round, and both teams then compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing teamís base.

DEG23
04-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Damn, after almost a year of waiting, it looks like i'll be away for the entire beta period. Unless it's beyond bad, i'll still be picking the game up when it releases at the end of May.

fastNcurious
04-06-2012, 08:57 PM
In the beta, you will get access to two game modes.

Conflict is a mode where players battle to complete objectives located throughout the map and earn points, the team with the most points at the end of the round wins.
In Saboteur (available starting April 26th), a bomb spawns in a central location at the beginning of the round, and both teams then compete to retrieve the bomb and be the first to detonate it at the opposing teamís base.

They might as well just call the second game mode "sabotage." No need to make up new names for established game modes.

Conflict definitely sounds interesting. Can't wait to learn more about the objectives (unless it's just a fancy way of describing Conquest / Domination / Territories).

Blur360
04-07-2012, 12:39 AM
Is there an online pass needed for splinter cell conviction or a 2nd hand game would work just fine to access the beta?

MikeAK
04-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Is there an online pass needed for splinter cell conviction or a 2nd hand game would work just fine to access the beta?

No online pass needed for SC:C.

StompingFreak
04-16-2012, 09:30 PM

You will need the disk!

ixon
04-18-2012, 11:29 PM
You ONLY NEED THE DISK to download beta after that you can access from dashboard without the the disk IN!!

Zombie Killstar
04-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Thanks for the reminder, now I need to find my copy of splinter cell conviction.

robpears
04-21-2012, 09:14 AM
I just hope in the full game they have the option to search for matches without the stupid drones/sensors which show where everyone is, this completely ruins the way Ghost Recon should be played!