PDA

View Full Version : Demo?

TRAGICTRIXIE
04-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Is there a demo of this game out yet or planned to come out? I want to buy it but i think i'd rather test it out first and see how the controls are and what not.

StolenPaper18
04-06-2012, 04:58 AM
Google is always your best friend ;)

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/03/01/dragon-39-s-dogma-demo-coming-soon.aspx

Edit: In case you don't want to read the article, yes, there will be a demo. They have not said when exactly the demo will come out though, as far as I know.

HDresden
04-06-2012, 07:26 AM
my guess is may 8. either way, i'm looking forward to giving it a try. i'm holding back expectations for this game, but i really hope it turns out to be good. i'm hoping it can avoid some of the ridiculous over the top stuff that is common place in capcom games.

EnteringtheCosmos
04-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Yes, you can also create your character in the demo that can be ported to the main game. There will be two classes you can choose in the demo and two main quests to complete, I'm not sure if xp,money,items carry over to the main game though.

tkhbecker
04-19-2012, 03:43 AM
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/04/16/dragons_dogma_playable_demo_coming_next_week

"The long-anticipated Dragon's Dogma playable demo will be available for download off PSN and Xbox Live MarketPlace from Tuesday, April 24th in North America, Wednesday, April 25th in Europe. Just to be clear, that's next week. Yay!"

ThaMyth
04-20-2012, 12:04 AM
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2012/04/16/dragons_dogma_playable_demo_coming_next_week

"The long-anticipated Dragon's Dogma playable demo will be available for download off PSN and Xbox Live MarketPlace from Tuesday, April 24th in North America, Wednesday, April 25th in Europe. Just to be clear, that's next week. Yay!"

COMMENCE THE JIZZING! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! hahaha cant wait!:omg

EnteringtheCosmos
04-24-2012, 10:36 AM
Demo is up, 1.5GB.

Cousin Jeffrey
04-24-2012, 02:09 PM
The Demo is pretty good, the combat is smooth, responsive. The graphics are good, nothing amazing. The two bad things i can see from it was the annoying screen-tearing and the top and bottom borders on the screen. Its not 1997 anymore Capcom

tkhbecker
04-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Well IF you're like me and thought this was going to be a good start before retail, you'll be highly disappointed.

I was under the guise from reading all the demo news before hand that I was going to be able to create a character, customize my class, play the first quest, and the xfer my data to retail. Wrong.

You can only create your character and pawn and play 2 different quests (Prolouge: play as Warrior, sword and shield, fight Chimera +7500 exp and and Countryside: play as Strider, dual daggers and bow and arrows, fight Gryphon +9200 exp)

Not a bad Demo overall just dont get your hopes up for indepth customization for gameplay

EnteringtheCosmos
04-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Well IF you're like me and thought this was going to be a good start before retail, you'll be highly disappointed.

I was under the guise from reading all the demo news before hand that I was going to be able to create a character, customize my class, play the first quest, and the xfer my data to retail. Wrong.

You can only create your character and pawn and play 2 different quests (Prolouge: play as Warrior, sword and shield, fight Chimera +7500 exp and and Countryside: play as Strider, dual daggers and bow and arrows, fight Gryphon +9200 exp)

Not a bad Demo overall just dont get your hopes up for indepth customization for gameplay
That second mission does use your created character but defaults it as a strider.

Mighty Goliath89
04-24-2012, 04:11 PM
I enjoyed the demo myself, just hope you can pick a character class instead of being forced to play set ones when the game comes out :D

tkhbecker
04-24-2012, 05:51 PM
That second mission does use your created character but defaults it as a strider.The Prolouge quest also uses your character as a warrior. The Countryside quest has your Pawn as a companion.
I enjoyed the demo myself, just hope you can pick a character class instead of being forced to play set ones when the game comes out :DWhen the game is released I "believe" you'll be able to choose both your's and your Pawn's classes

KeyOfDarkness
04-24-2012, 06:44 PM
When the game is released I "believe" you'll be able to choose both your's and your Pawn's classes
This is correct.

Sure the demo didn't have customization, but it was a very good representative of the game's gameplay, sound, graphics, and overall feel.

Personally I think the two quests are more than enough for a demo, sure I would have liked a mage quest too, but I'm not too bothered by it, it solidified my purchase of the game, which is what a demo is meant to do.

EnteringtheCosmos
04-24-2012, 07:53 PM
The Prolouge quest also uses your character as a warrior. The Countryside quest has your Pawn as a companion.
When the game is released I "believe" you'll be able to choose both your's and your Pawn's classes
Yea the pawn that stays with you all the time can level up and can be customized fully but the other three don't level up and can't be changed.

Fang Foom
04-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Seems as good as I hoped for. Only played the prologue as wanted to save the other mission for another time. Being able to climb on enemies seems really good and the enemy design is fantastic.

Only thing I found was everyone was yapping on abit much..
I had 3 or 4 characters just constantly talking at me! haha!

J4ckyb0y1
04-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Only thing I found was everyone was yapping on abit much..
I had 3 or 4 characters just constantly talking at me! haha!

All that can be switched off.

Fang Foom
04-24-2012, 09:03 PM
All that can be switched off.

Ah handy thanks!
Can you change it so there's some but not as much or is it literally lots or none?

tkhbecker
04-24-2012, 09:37 PM
Yea the pawn that stays with you all the time can level up and can be customized fully but the other three don't level up and can't be changed.I thought there were a total of 4 characters at any given time? Main, Pawn, and 2 others? I know you can customize the main and pawn. And what Ive seen you get the other 2 from Rift gates or whatever? the other 2 could be a friends main or pawn?

Oh well this is still a sell for me on day one...

EnteringtheCosmos
04-24-2012, 09:43 PM
Ah handy thanks!
Can you change it so there's some but not as much or is it literally lots or none?
You can turn off the chat and still keep the health bars on or you can turn it all off even the minimap.

J4ckyb0y1
04-24-2012, 10:06 PM
I thought there were a total of 4 characters at any given time? Main, Pawn, and 2 others? I know you can customize the main and pawn. And what Ive seen you get the other 2 from Rift gates or whatever? the other 2 could be a friends main or pawn?

There are 4. You, the Pawn and 2 hirelings. The Pawn is your main sidekick and the one you hire out to other players. The hirelings will be found all over (cities and wandering the country side) and can be hired and replaced as often as you can afford.

The rift I believe is where you will find other players Pawns waiting to be hired as hirelings.

HDresden
04-25-2012, 03:14 AM
the screen can get very cluttered. during the prologue quest, my two pawns and companion would not shut the hell up! every second they'd all be shouting at once and it would cut to quick scenes if they were doing something important.I was running around like a maniac trying to follow their endless rapid fire advice

KILL IT WITH FIRE
ATTACK FROM BEHIND
SILENCE BEAST!
I'VE GOT IT, ATTACK!

everything felt fine control wise, though I'd rather block with LT than LB.

if they cut down on everyone shouting at you nonstop and it was less cluttered, I'd have enjoyed it more.

that being said, this was a very small piece of pie, so I'm waiting for some reviews of the full retail release.

GaussianMist
04-25-2012, 06:41 AM
I wasn't so sure about this game, but after playing the demo, all I can say is WOW. This game might actually be good. I will most likely be picking this up on launch. The RE6 demo is an added bonus!

EnteringtheCosmos
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
the screen can get very cluttered. during the prologue quest, my two pawns and companion would not shut the hell up! every second they'd all be shouting at once and it would cut to quick scenes if they were doing something important.I was running around like a maniac trying to follow their endless rapid fire advice

KILL IT WITH FIRE
ATTACK FROM BEHIND
SILENCE BEAST!
I'VE GOT IT, ATTACK!

everything felt fine control wise, though I'd rather block with LT than LB.

if they cut down on everyone shouting at you nonstop and it was less cluttered, I'd have enjoyed it more.

that being said, this was a very small piece of pie, so I'm waiting for some reviews of the full retail release.
You can turn all that stuff off in the options even the quick slow mo scenes.

Hoborg
04-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Did not enjoy this. Combat was slow, unresponsive and generally boring. Will not be picking this one up. Sorry RE6, you will have to wait.

H2O
04-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Wha.. Hoborg doesn't like a game! :eek:

i think i might die of shock. :p

Going to give this a try when i get home tonight. It looks like another game that's going to delay me finishing off FF13-2.

BBowles
04-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Wha.. Hoborg doesn't like a game! :eek:

i think i might die of shock. :p

Going to give this a try when i get home tonight. It looks like another game that's going to delay me finishing off FF13-2.

I really don't understand why Hoborg even plays games at this point, but its his time/money to waste...

Anyways, I really enjoyed the demo. Combat looked really clunky the gameplay vidoes I had seen, so I wasn't sold on this game until I got to try it. Combat worked really well, and I love the interaction with your teammates.

ESPECIALLY during the Griffin fight, when my main pawn would use their broadsword to launch me into the air to grab the griffin >_< That was fantastic. Definate day one buy for me now.

Hoborg
04-26-2012, 05:26 PM
I really don't understand why Hoborg even plays games at this point, but its his time/money to waste...

Anyways, I really enjoyed the demo. Combat looked really clunky the gameplay vidoes I had seen, so I wasn't sold on this game until I got to try it. Combat worked really well, and I love the interaction with your teammates.

ESPECIALLY during the Griffin fight, when my main pawn would use their broadsword to launch me into the air to grab the griffin >_< That was fantastic. Definate day one buy for me now.

Because Hoborg likes games, just doesn't like bad videogames and calls them as he sees them.

Anyway, press y (heavy attack) and watch your hero get stuck for a few moments. Not very fun at all and definitely not fluid combat.

J4ckyb0y1
04-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Did not enjoy this. Combat was slow, unresponsive and generally boring. Will not be picking this one up. Sorry RE6, you will have to wait.

Good, so that should mean we won't be subject to your idiotic posts here in the DD forum.

Strid
04-26-2012, 05:52 PM
The combat is no different than any other game with this sort of action/HnS system that I noticed.

That being said, I'll agree that it doesn't seem very good. The constant blabbering of the pawns is enough to set me off. I was also expecting a little more difficulty and epicness. I didn't expect this to be another Dark/Demon's Souls, but I did expect it to house a difficulty around the likes of the newer Monster Hunter titles. Unfortunately, I can't see this game being very skill oriented at all, even on a higher difficulty.

$30 bin buy at best, after Capcom has released the obligatory Super and Super Max editions and then piled it into a complete edition with all the 5 minute DLC they made over the single year it has been out :D

Tao Jian Min
05-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Because Hoborg likes games, just doesn't like bad videogames and calls them as he sees them.

Anyway, press y (heavy attack) and watch your hero get stuck for a few moments. Not very fun at all and definitely not fluid combat.

No, but quiet realistic, it is a Iron Sword, after a heavy blow... you need some time to set up the next hit

XxStuartxX 1990
05-03-2012, 01:05 PM

A legit question here, what games do you actually play?