PDA

View Full Version : good god this is one of the worse developed games ever

eiVaL
04-06-2012, 10:47 AM
first off, lets just start with the 1-2 minutes of black screen everytime you boot the game.

then you have to run the "choose storage device an all that other crap" each time

then theres not just a simple continue game, nope, you gotta tilt your head sideways to read the friggin menu, go to load and then they list the saves in an non-logical order...

wouldnt the 1 save be the first? as in the first save you made...plus why the hell would you describe a save that will BEGIN a mission....the end of the mission before it????...just say "Day 2" and not Day 1 checkpoint Day 1 complete...

oh an then, one of the greatest thoughts ever, rather than an automatic save point, or a manual save, lets have 1-2 areas in each level where the users have to actually walk over and interact with a stupid bird to save their game...and i havent even bothered to try , but i would hate to find out you can actually bypass it without saving, then being S.O.L. cause the game blocks the path so now you gotta hope you dont die...

wtf drugs were they using when they shipped this product and said, yeah were gonna be different than every other game who does it right...

IC3 L3G3ND
04-06-2012, 01:00 PM
first off, lets just start with the 1-2 minutes of black screen everytime you boot the game.

then you have to run the "choose storage device an all that other crap" each time

then theres not just a simple continue game, nope, you gotta tilt your head sideways to read the friggin menu, go to load and then they list the saves in an non-logical order...

wouldnt the 1 save be the first? as in the first save you made...plus why the hell would you describe a save that will BEGIN a mission....the end of the mission before it????...just say "Day 2" and not Day 1 checkpoint Day 1 complete...

oh an then, one of the greatest thoughts ever, rather than an automatic save point, or a manual save, lets have 1-2 areas in each level where the users have to actually walk over and interact with a stupid bird to save their game...and i havent even bothered to try , but i would hate to find out you can actually bypass it without saving, then being S.O.L. cause the game blocks the path so now you gotta hope you dont die...

wtf drugs were they using when they shipped this product and said, yeah were gonna be different than every other game who does it right...

Thought i would share my two cents

1. Either your disc or box is screwed because there is definitely no black screen on load up

2. The select storage device is kinda pointless unless you have saves on multiple devices

3. I like the sideways menu and a lot of games have load game instead of continue but me liking that is a personal preference

4. I have no clue what smack was being taken at the time of choosing how that save screen would work but i do like the bird and it makes craz bird noises, how can you miss it?

DigiLuigi
04-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't have a problem with any of this stuff, besides maybe the choose device pop-up. I kinda like the menu screen.

ChickinOnaChain
04-06-2012, 01:49 PM
I thought black waiting screens and choosing what storage device was normal for games.

IC3 L3G3ND
04-06-2012, 01:50 PM
I thought black waiting screens and choosing what storage device was normal for games.

Touche....

KickedSpoon
04-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Love how all these complaints have little to do with gameplay and are mostly just bitching about the title screen and saved game options. Really? Get over it

Shadow MC
04-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I agree this game isn't great when compared to the two previous titles but not because of the points that you argued. While some people are bound to find a couple of little things in any game to be annoying, it's usually not those things which make it or break it from them seeing as you can live with them, for example the side-ways menu.

However, had you argued it was a bad game because you can only use a couple of different weapons, a clear step backwards from the last game, or the apparent lack of variety in any part of this game, it would be a different story. I'm not saying I dislike the game as I did enjoy playing it and still do, just that I don't like it quite as much as its predecessors.

I digress, the points you made for the argument of not liking Ninja Gaiden 3 seem trivial to me, and it would seem that way to fellow Ninja Gaiden fans aswell.

OmegaFlip
04-06-2012, 10:28 PM
lol@the side menus. it's more presentable/appropriate/make sense if you change your text to japanese

Azrael008uk
04-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Well my "Ninja Gaiden 3" takes forever to load too.

I'm not sure why that is but out of curiosity are you using an LED Television?

As for the menus Japanese is read from right to left and usually written from top to bottom so you're just looking at a direct translation.

I wonder if Team Ninja wanted to "Japanify" the game a little since Itagaki-san had work so hard to "Westernise" it.

As for the rest of your complaints I'm surprised you're not upset you had to use your hands to work the controller.

Az

Kayin
04-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Ain't gonna lie, I get that black screen for about 45 seconds too. Happens on both installed and non-installed sessions, and none of my other games do it.

Foxhound300
04-08-2012, 07:34 PM
oh an then, one of the greatest thoughts ever, rather than an automatic save point, or a manual save, lets have 1-2 areas in each level where the users have to actually walk over and interact with a stupid bird to save their game...and i havent even bothered to try , but i would hate to find out you can actually bypass it without saving,

You can skip the bird without saving. Also you clearly haven't played a Ninja Gaiden game before, because the previous games had you save at a dragon statue. Granted it was more visible than the birds, but you still had to walk up to it to save. But since you lack experience in the series I'd say this whole point is invalid.

Don't know about the black screen, all games have a few seconds of darkness as the game spins up. Menu being sideways is a little silly, but if you can't read side ways then there's something wrong with you.

ajennice
04-09-2012, 02:50 AM
You can skip the bird without saving. Also you clearly haven't played a Ninja Gaiden game before, because the previous games had you save at a dragon statue. Granted it was more visible than the birds, but you still had to walk up to it to save. But since you lack experience in the series I'd say this whole point is invalid.

Don't know about the black screen, all games have a few seconds of darkness as the game spins up. Menu being sideways is a little silly, but if you can't read side ways then there's something wrong with you.

welli don't lack any experience wi the NG series... but this one SUCKS!!!! Between this and the new Resident evil, i would have a hard time deciding which to throw in the shitter first.

Foxhound300
04-09-2012, 05:18 AM
I pity anyone who buys Capcom games any more. Between what they've had done to DMC, their horrible HD ports, and all their on-disc DLC, there's nothing redeeming about the company any more.

....but I'm still going to get RE6.

EliteShadowMan
04-10-2012, 06:28 PM
I pity anyone who buys Capcom games any more. Between what they've had done to DMC, their horrible HD ports, and all their on-disc DLC, there's nothing redeeming about the company any more.

....but I'm still going to get RE6.

oh no!!!!! Dante looks different the whole series is fucked beyond belief since the game isn't like the other ones! what the fuck were they thinking with that bullshit!?!?!? Seriously get over yourself. You're probably also one of those whiny fanboys that hated DmC 2, and 4.

Horrible HD Ports? RE4 looks better to me than it did on my Wii, PC, or PS2. RE: CV looked better than the original game as well. The DMC collection is out now as well, and guess what? The graphics are better than what they used to be. Get over yourself.

I'll agree with you about the on disc DLC, but that's it. I did think it was funny you said there's nothing redeeming about Capcom anymore, and yet you're going to buy RE6? Why waste the money if you hate them so bad?