PDA

View Full Version : Online tips

Shadow MC
04-06-2012, 11:18 AM
I've been trying to play NG3 online recently to try and get some achievements and level up a bit more without having to do more trials, however I''ve been having some problems. I always thought I had a reasonable skill level with regards to NG games in general, but online I just keep getting absolutely stomped by loads of people spamming ninpo, UT and whatever other moves that don't give me a chance to retaliate.

Due to these circumstances progress is obviously very slow so I was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips for online like what moves I should be using the most, as online is evidently a lot different from the campaign.

Thanks.

jackofblades
04-06-2012, 11:38 AM
theres one good one that has done well for me stay away from it

IC3 L3G3ND
04-06-2012, 01:45 PM
personally i tried MP at lvl 1 and the only kills i ever got were when i died 3 times in a row and earned ninpo. Depending on your current lvl boost a few matches.

Most i got in one 5 min boosting match is 658000 karma which is awesome compared to playing legit

Also make sure that all combos you use that you shuriken cancel and then you should be doing a lot better

Shadow MC
04-06-2012, 04:03 PM
theres one good one that has done well for me stay away from it

Yes I understand this is a good tactic and is one that I have used already, but the point I was getting at is what tactics/moves can I use to get to the stage of using ninpo/UT's before my opponents, otherwise it's just an endless cycle of them getting ninpo/UT's and me dying.

Also, it would seem a lot of the time the ninpo comes at me from the other side of the map which I'm not paying attention to and that I die from the ninpo just touching my foot as I dodge.

personally i tried MP at lvl 1 and the only kills i ever got were when i died 3 times in a row and earned ninpo. Depending on your current lvl boost a few matches.

Most i got in one 5 min boosting match is 658000 karma which is awesome compared to playing legit

Also make sure that all combos you use that you shuriken cancel and then you should be doing a lot better

At the moment I'm level 23 and my sword is level 8, mainly from doing trials. I might have to give boosting a try but I'll give legit online a go for a bit longer. Also, I'll try out the shuriken cancel during my combos and see if that makes a difference.

Anyone got any specific combos they find to be particularly effective online? It would seem the ones I use can be easily interupted and the ones used against me can't.

IC3 L3G3ND
04-06-2012, 04:35 PM
XY Shuriken Cancel/XY Shuriken Cancel/XYXXXY or LT+YXXXY

After each Shuriken Cancel make sure you dodge with LT to get out of the way, as long as the first XY and second XY connect then you have yourself a guaranteed Izuna Drop

I also found that on Hidden Village the falcon dive can provide some easy kills

Shadow MC
04-07-2012, 11:45 AM
XY Shuriken Cancel/XY Shuriken Cancel/XYXXXY or LT+YXXXY

After each Shuriken Cancel make sure you dodge with LT to get out of the way, as long as the first XY and second XY connect then you have yourself a guaranteed Izuna Drop

I also found that on Hidden Village the falcon dive can provide some easy kills

Tried it out your suggestions yesterday and they worked out quite well, it was a definite inprovement on past matches so cheers :goodpost