PDA

View Full Version : How hard is this game?

Frozen x360a
04-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Haven't seen a road map yet and just want a good idea of how many hours and the difficulty out of 10 for the 1000 on this? Game looks fun but not as good as I thought from the the reviews. Any idea?

three15
04-07-2012, 04:59 PM
It really depends on your patience, you will most likely have to do many races 10-15 times in order to get enough points to unlock all the events in each district. It can be very hard to win races, time trails are a bitch and the game is heavily weighted against the player. It can be a real frustration and sense the AI seem to be quicker, get more boost and hardly have to touch you for you to get fragged.

I've done most of it, took me 5 days and i only have 485gs, i'm pretty decent at racing games and unless you have some skill it's just a controller breaking, hair pulling out frustration. Can't wait to return it to Blockbuster to be honest.

Frozen x360a
04-12-2012, 09:13 PM
Ok cool, but any idea how many hours for the 1000 and an exact difficulty rating?

Marmite
04-12-2012, 09:41 PM
its the ninja gaiden of racing

Rep
04-12-2012, 09:48 PM
its the ninja gaiden of racing

Never played Ninja Gaiden before, but after hearing so much complaining about how difficult it is, I would have to agree. The AI is extremely hard and it will take several attempts to finish first. It may also take several attempts on getting the most score that you can in one race. You will need all of that score to gain more races and cities. I haven't played online, but I would say at least 10-15 hours for single player.

illdizzog
04-13-2012, 07:08 AM
Whilst this game is hard, its definately do-able, i think the difficulty level is being blown a little out of proportion. Ive three starred all the events now and the ones that gave me the most trouble were the drifts and the frags.

The drifts are just about practice unfortunately, getting know the track you are racing on and how to handle the car correctly. The big 4 x 4 in my opinion is by far the best vehicle for the latter events, all the ones i was struggling on i aced with that car in a few goes.

The frags, epecially with the ones that had a really high target score, i thought were impossible untill i used the 'power' to take down a building and noticed it adds five seconds to your time every time you destroy scenery.

There are a couple of harder time trials toward the end as well but the key to time trials is using power as often as you can. I tried to have it almost constantly - i know thats not always possible but thats the aim anyway.

If i can do it, you can do it. Cliche'd but very true.

mosin360
05-03-2012, 01:37 AM
The racing you'll figure out how to play them but the time trials and frags are just pure BS. Whats worse is that you'll be playing the same maps over and over because the game has so few. Its a poor game.

Dico
05-03-2012, 08:34 AM
The difficulty thing is pure coddswallop and I genuinely think people have gone soft over time. It's challenging yes and requires a lot of concentration but if you race reasonably well without fucking up you'll win almost every race. Challenging yes; unfair and cheap? Noo not imho, I found Hot Pursuit harder to get most things

KiySeph
05-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Not that hard. Once you get the drifting down, you'll be fragging your opponents off the road in no time.,I had little trouble completing the events, only thing I have left is three time attacks that I need to get three stars in and these events have been the hardest for me so far.

For comparison, Split Second is MUCH MUCH harder and that's usually because of the cheap rubberbanding AI.

Dico
05-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Not that hard. Once you get the drifting down, you'll be fragging your opponents off the road in no time.,I had little trouble completing the events, only thing I have left is three time attacks that I need to get three stars in and these events have been the hardest for me so far.

For comparison, Split Second is MUCH MUCH harder and that's usually because of the cheap rubberbanding AI.

My problems the drift events, I struggle majorly in those. I've breezed the time attacks, again, after dealing with Hot Pursuit these ones are a stroll in the park

Blitz MMCCV
05-16-2012, 09:34 PM
IMO they've ruined the game because some of the races are just so hard im in the 3 block speed car and i have the 1 block speed car storming past me and always beat me to the finish the that infinite supply of boost they have. i rate this game 1/10

scousers on tour
05-18-2012, 08:30 PM
imho the games not that hard , a little challenging at times, the only hard part is to get 8 people together for the online stuff