PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think this game sucks?

FetusPuncher91
04-07-2012, 09:51 PM
I could probably read the reviews, but I'd rather hear from my fellow gamers.
I've only played this for about an hour, but so far I'm thoroughly unimpressed with this game. The controls are really bad and you can't do any of the cool stuff you could in NG2, like actually aiming at which limb to hack off. I also hate that every enemy has a gun and sword.

Anyone else feel the same?

CyberEvil
04-08-2012, 06:22 AM
The only way to truly enjoy this game is to A) have never played a NG game before and B) play no higher than Normal difficulty.

There are a couple beacons of brilliance attempting to shine through in this game. Then there's the rest of it. I'm contemplating selling this game already and for a Team NINJA game this is unheard of for me. Funniest part is since they made the new achievements for DLC require BOTH packs, the achievements won't be able to be earned properly until the last pack drops. Even then, maybe still a bit more time. Grand.

MondoBondo
04-08-2012, 06:29 AM
I almost want to sell this game, because of how much of a let down it is. I played through the first and second ten times each, but with this game, even one play through was a struggle just because of all the miss steps I saw and they all just felt like rushed and very un creative moves, repeated over and over again.

blurbia
04-08-2012, 03:05 PM
I could probably read the reviews, but I'd rather hear from my fellow gamers.
I've only played this for about an hour, but so far I'm thoroughly unimpressed with this game. The controls are really bad and you can't do any of the cool stuff you could in NG2, like actually aiming at which limb to hack off. I also hate that every enemy has a gun and sword.

Anyone else feel the same?

Sounds like you went into the game looking for a reason to hate it, so no wonder you found it.

Shadow MC
04-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't say the game sucks but I was disappointed after completing the game, and having played Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 I was expecting so much more. The variety of different weapons; a gripping story; gore and higher than average skill level to effectively play. All these things were not present in Ninja Gaiden 3, and to be honest I was quite surprised as these were the main points which drew to the franchise in the first place.

In this light I would probably have to agree that the only way to really enjoy Ninja Gaiden 3 is to have never played the previous titles, as pointed out by CyberEvil. Overall I wouldn't say it's a completely terrible game but is certainly close when factoring in the quality of Team Ninja's previous attempts at a Ninja Gaiden game.

Foxhound300
04-08-2012, 07:48 PM
play no higher than Normal difficulty.I'd say the exact opposite. I played the last level on normal after beating the game on hard and it's so easy it's not even worth mentioning.

I'd say it's a C+ game. Certainly not great but it definitely does feel like Ninja Gaiden at times, especially on Day 5 when you're fighting the Black Spiders. The lack of Weapons and the lack of health bars on the bosses are the only huge negatives for me. The QTEs outside of combat such as climbing the walls can be annoying too. All the other complaints that people have are silly, such as:

1. Enemies have too much health now and we can't remove their limbs.
Just like it was in Ninja Gaiden Black, and I don't see you guys complaining about that.

2. Too many humanoid enemies which just lets you spam Drop all day.
Again, just like Ninja Gaiden Black. Plus there are plenty of enemies in this game that can't drop or can only drop them when their guard is horribly down and the game feels generous. I don't know the names of the enemies, but the orange dagger guys don't like to be dropped, it's incredibly difficult to do it to the "black energy" alchemists, and then there's the mutated gorrillas, dogs, and snake people, not to mention the giant four legged guys with the scythes that are all immune to it.

3. Too many invincibility frames
That's the only way to beat Ninja Gaiden 2. You were invincible almost all the time if you did it right.

4. Ninpo regenerates your health.
This is to fill in for the health potions that we can no longer use.

5. Ninpo kills everyone
That's what it did in Ninja Gaiden 2 as well once you got the fan of knives, and in Ninja Gaiden Black once you got the lightning spell.

6. No more essence.
Two things about that, and again they both make the game harder. For one you can't upgrade your weapons or buy healing items, so there's no way to use those as crutches (again, like in Ninja Gaiden 2 when you could farm enemies and have level 3 weapons by the second level). And the fact that you can't use essence to charge your ultimate attacks also means that you can't use those as crutches either.

7. Dragon Sword only has a few moves
While it's true that it's hard to find the move list, the Dragon Sword definitely has just as many moves as it did before.

Not saying its perfect, in fact I wrote quite a lot in my own personal review about how many missteps there were (especially in the boss fights) but everyone saying that it's trash is just thinking about what it could have been, not what it is.

CyberEvil
04-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Just out of curiosity, why would you quote me, say that the opposite of what I said was true, and then completely ignore that for the rest of your post? I wasn't talking about it the game being too easy on Normal or not. This game gets progressively worse the higher the difficulty goes. That isn't my opinion. That's fact. Framerate issues, continuity breaking, balance issues, attrition-based survival, et al.

Very confusing choice, quoting me there. I think you completely misunderstood the point of my post.

clothes_addict
04-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Honestly, I fucking hate the game, but it's probably because I've played NGB and NG2 to death (Got the 1250 twice:)). Every enemy is grab happy, bosses included. I feel like the controls are sloppy and clunkier than those in NG2, especially in terms of evading enemies. I rarely used the dragons sword and now I'm forced to use it or the talon's. I just fought the boss of Day 4 and one of the most challenging aspects of that fight was the camera angle(Not to say it wasn't a problem in NG2). I miss the health bar display on the bosses and also and dislike that i can only use the void ninpo in trials and the fire in the single player. The steel on bone is interesting but I prefer OT's much more.

ajennice
04-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Sounds like you went into the game looking for a reason to hate it, so no wonder you found it.

I went in open minded.. and hate this game!!!. i honestly cant find one decent thing to say about it othert than I brought it home from the store as a review copy and never had to pay for it. The original NG coin-op was better than this.
too much Japanese influence inthe mechanics, animation, gameplay..etc. This shoudl be called "1vs 1million....and alot of blood" would hold a better title than having it follow a NG series. More like Ninja Blades ( which sucked as well).

Foxhound300
04-09-2012, 03:54 AM
I wasn't talking about it the game being too easy on Normal or not. This game gets progressively worse the higher the difficulty goes.

And I was saying that I think it's better on hard than it is on normal. I saw no difference between the two beyond Hard actually feeling like Ninja Gaiden while Normal just felt like baby's first action game.

Every enemy is grab happy, bosses included.
They were in Black as well. The cats, the ninjas, Alma, Doku.

clothes_addict
04-09-2012, 04:27 AM
Hmm maybe it's just me but I feel like I get grabbed a lot more in this game. Earlier I had an alchemist pick me up three times in a row. He got me in a corner -__-. It was like he instantly grabbed me the second Ryu started to get up.

Foxhound300
04-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Yeah they love grabs, especially the Regent of the Mask. That's why I hate the lack of health bars in this game, because you never know if you can rush into the fight for the final few hits so I'm always playing defensive and only hitting him once and then dodging his counter grab. Which is the only way to hurt him anyway since he blocks EVERYTHING outside of the end of his combos unless you're playing on Normal.

mad4ra
04-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Completed the game recently on hard and it was ok. It certainly felt like a step backwards with only 1 ninpo, 1 weapon, no upgrading for weapons etc. and i have the feeling team ninja lost their creativity with Itagaki leaving. Also i love how they said in interviews they want the player to feel like it is cutting through the enemys, but if they want that why remove the limb cutting? The framerate issue in MN is laughable, thats absolutely non excusable. Overall i would say its a 5/10 or 6/10. I hope they do better in the next installment - if there is one.

Darksheik
04-13-2012, 12:17 PM
I bought this game just to see with my eyes what a shame Hayashi made with Ninja Gaiden.
I hated almost every single minute I spent playing the game.
A complete disaster for every true NG fan.

jackofblades
04-13-2012, 02:11 PM
you are aware the OT's are still in the game as a finshing move?

Spartanwarninja
04-14-2012, 01:50 AM
I can actually confirm that this game has destroyed whats left of my left hand. If you plan to solo the ninja trials, good fucking luck. The campaign does suck big time [with the exception of the Hayabusa Village] The controls are shit/unresponisve and the moveset is at an all time low.

However it might just be the hardgore gamer in me that appreciates the challenge in the Ninja Trials. No matter how cheap and shit it is.[Which I would argue more cheap and shit than NG2] I can't help but try and try again to beat the stages.

If you're good enough. You will be somewhat satisified when it comes to the trials. UN is just a joke on Solo. Not possible alone. However MN is just on the brink of doable on solo.

Basically if you buy this game it would be for the SoTW. Had I just played campaign i would agree with the 3/10 ign gave. This game is deff not worth full price. Wait for it to get cheap, get new cause online pass is important.

mad4ra
04-14-2012, 02:00 PM
A complete disaster for every true NG fan.

Well then "true" NG Fans are just somee whiny kids :/ like the "true" final fantasy fans that cry that every sequel after 7 doesnt have their beloved Sephiroth and emo stuff.

Metagion
04-15-2012, 12:47 AM
I HATE the targeting system with the bow....during the boss battle with the helicopter I kept aiming for the flying guys INSTEAD of what I wanted! It's like "C'MON!!!! NOT THAT GUY, THE PLANE!!!!" Other than that, it was meh....I liked the other two better, where you had a "sandbox" world and goodies to get, and not linear button-smash like this one. (I swear I have arthritis now from holding the trigger!)

Sci0n
04-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Yes the game is trash die ti being half the game it used to be.

i can not believe we have to pay for extra weapons, its a joke and they wonder why gaming is going down hill

jackofblades
04-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Yes the game is trash die ti being half the game it used to be.

i can not believe we have to pay for extra weapons, its a joke and they wonder why gaming is going down hill

No the weapons are free for use in the story, if you want the extra missions and things that you have to pay for...

Sci0n
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
No the weapons are free for use in the story, if you want the extra missions and things that you have to pay for...

well i cant use the scythe weapon and they should be free regardless as i didnt pay for them in NG/NG2

Foxhound300
04-17-2012, 07:02 PM
I HATE the targeting system with the bow....during the boss battle with the helicopter I kept aiming for the flying guys INSTEAD of what I wanted! It's like "C'MON!!!! NOT THAT GUY, THE PLANE!!!!" Other than that, it was meh....I liked the other two better, where you had a "sandbox" world and goodies to get, and not linear button-smash like this one. (I swear I have arthritis now from holding the trigger!)

NG2 was completely linear, only black was "open."

Also the bow targeting the flying guys is doing you a favor, they're a far bigger threat than the slow #$% helicopter. My only problem with the targeting is that it would normally jump to the cockpit, and if you shoot that the stupid thing dives you.

LBarros360 BR
04-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I think too.

Metagion
04-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Are you sure? I thought that NGII was sandbox also...but you could be right.

And nah, what bothered me was the flying numbnuts....I mean, they'd land and make you charcoal! RRR!

Metagion
04-17-2012, 07:59 PM
NG2 was completely linear, only black was "open."

Also the bow targeting the flying guys is doing you a favor, they're a far bigger threat than the slow #$% helicopter. My only problem with the targeting is that it would normally jump to the cockpit, and if you shoot that the stupid thing dives you.

Are you sure? I guess I COULD be thinking of NG1...and yeah, they are, but c'mon...frying you when you got to a certain point and THEN get run over by the copter? REALLY? >:(

Foxhound300
04-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Are you sure? I guess I COULD be thinking of NG1

200% certain. Tons of people HATED Ninja Gaiden 2 just because they took out the exploration events and puzzles.

Spartanwarninja
04-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Yeah NG2 was pretty linear. But its strength lied in the combat. NG3 strength lies in neither.

Azrael008uk
04-18-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm really enjoying it.

Metagion
04-20-2012, 01:53 AM
200% certain. Tons of people HATED Ninja Gaiden 2 just because they took out the exploration events and puzzles.

You're right then...each game seems like they just blend into another...:Bounce:

Foxhound300
04-20-2012, 02:59 AM
Yeah, I'd better be right when it comes to Ninja Gaiden 2. While all the other people were using the ranged weapon run through to get the "beat the game with every weapon" achievements I actually played through the whole game each time with each weapon. So if anyone can play the stupid thing in their sleep, it's me.

Metagion
04-20-2012, 05:57 AM
Now THAT'S dedication! ;)

Foxhound300
04-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Now THAT'S dedication! ;)

Also madness. Couldn't be bothered to read how to beat all the bosses using ranged weapons, and playing on Ninja Dog difficulty (or whatever they called it in 2 to make people feel better) cheapens the game so I did them all on normal (you could only do the no-weapon run on easy, iirc).

Fortunately the achievements here in 3 are much less grindy. You can level up just by failing trials. Over. And over. And over again.

jackofblades
04-20-2012, 10:55 AM
yeah but failing them over and over would take 10x times longer lol

Foxhound300
04-20-2012, 06:17 PM
There are only three ways to fail those achievements and you have to be an idiot to not notice when the game automatically changes your weapon for you.

Metagion
04-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Also madness. Couldn't be bothered to read how to beat all the bosses using ranged weapons, and playing on Ninja Dog difficulty (or whatever they called it in 2 to make people feel better) cheapens the game so I did them all on normal (you could only do the no-weapon run on easy, iirc).

Fortunately the achievements here in 3 are much less grindy. You can level up just by failing trials. Over. And over. And over again.

Oh yeah; been there, done that (half a BILLION times!) For instance: I beat Mentor Trial 8 FIRST TRY, but Mentor Trial 9 took me DAYS. (No, I have NO idea as to why....but I'd blame those Assassin looking magic guys.)

Yoda beer
04-21-2012, 01:24 AM

I did a weaponless run on normal. After finishing the game on master ninja, any difficulty less is a peice of piss. I didn't need to read any "how to beat a boss" guides either. Ninja dog was from part one. It was called acolyte in part 2 for thr easiest setting.

Back on topic. The expectation for this game was very high, but it failed to deliver. If Ng or Ng2 didn't exsist or you had not played them, then this game would be a pretty dam cool ninja game. But I've played the other 2, so for me this is a big pile of horseshit...

Foxhound300
04-21-2012, 05:11 AM
Back on topic. The expectation for this game was very high, but it failed to deliver. If Ng or Ng2 didn't exsist or you had not played them, then this game would be a pretty dam cool ninja game. But I've played the other 2, so for me this is a big pile of horseshit...

I think most people didn't have that high of expectations for this game.

First their were the QTEs, then there was an emphasis on story and showing Ryu's face, then there were the rumors of the game being easy, then there was the multiplayer, then there was only a sword.

GSTAR321
04-26-2012, 11:09 AM
This game is absolutley abhorrent, disgusting and atrocious on all levels.

You should receive a full gamerscore for being able to sit through the game just once, cause I sure as hell couldn't ... and that's coming from someone who got 1250/1250 in Ninja Gaiden 2.

jjappleby83
04-26-2012, 11:11 AM
yea it sucks

SwimsuitHakufu
04-27-2012, 09:55 AM
I would like to ask the people that are let down so hard by this game a question. Did any of you fallow this game from the start? This is pretty much the product they were trying to sell to us from the beginning. A lot of you talk about this game the same way I felt about Ninja Gaiden 2 after I finished it, I felt it was worse in all ways compared to the original game. Mainly it being more linear than the first game (Other than the combat) I still feel NG 2004/Black are the greatest action games ever made, nothing will be able to touch them in my mind.

Ultimately NG3 is not at all where I think the series should go, but I think it was a fun ride for what it is.