PDA

View Full Version : Legends of rock? LMAO

CRAZY CJ 20
08-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Since when is Tenacious D a legend of rock? Half of the bands in this game are certainly not legends of rock... and how can they give the game this title if Metallica isn't even in the game? The list is better than GH2 (which had about 80% garbage songs) but its not enough to nickname the game "Legends of Rock".... as much as many ppl love GH, you've all gotta admit that they could do a much better job with the songs and bands they choose...

J Lo
08-24-2007, 11:16 AM
Since when is Tenacious D a legend of rock? Half of the bands in this game are certainly not legends of rock... and how can they give the game this title if Metallica isn't even in the game? The list is better than GH2 (which had about 80% garbage songs) but its not enough to nickname the game "Legends of Rock".... as much as many ppl love GH, you've all gotta admit that they could do a much better job with the songs and bands they choose...

Hey buddy, Metallica is in the game and Tenacious D is a very good guitarist. Besides, if the songs were such garbage, let's see you make riffs like that...

Fonkey Monkey
08-24-2007, 11:20 AM
yea i find it pretty laughable that tenacious D is in the game. i love jack black but come on they arent a real band.

Dr Buttcrack
08-24-2007, 05:38 PM
They aren't out to find the best rock songs of all time for this game, just the best songs to put in a game. Some songs that you guys say are actually legendary or whatever wouldn't really work well in a game like this.

And how the fuck do you say Tenacious D isn't a real band?

veritas347
08-24-2007, 07:15 PM
Like the guy before me said they don't find the best rock songs they just find songs that are fun to play and have good guitar riffs and don't criticize a game if you don't know all the facts not trying to be mean just saying

thieflordgamer
08-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, no matter what songs they put in the game there will always be people saying "Why would you have ___ instead of ___?!" There's no way to please everyone and remember not all bands want to have their songs in the game, Led Zeppelin for one.

Who128
08-24-2007, 08:51 PM
Tenacious D is a band, but come one. They arn't up in the Elite Rock bands such as Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Living Colour, Iron Maiden, Dragonforce etc.. I think having Tenacious D in the game is a joke.

Brighton X
08-24-2007, 09:11 PM
No matter what anyone says, Red Octane & Harmonix choose the songs THEY believe should be on the game. Just because Tenacious D had a movie everyone believes they're a joke. They're NOT, Kyle Gass & Jack Black have had some great songs in both Rock & Comedy Rock, & I believe they do deserve to be in the game.

Th3 Apache Dog
08-24-2007, 09:55 PM
i have prob. only heard about ...2 or 3 songs in GH2 and i loved most of the songs...in GH3 TBH i have only heard of Welcome to the jungle, so i truly dont know what to expect...

HeadShot2020
08-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Tenacious D is a band they just aren't as talented as some other bands like some mentioned.

Dr Buttcrack
08-25-2007, 04:37 AM
Ummm, Trogdor in GH2

Because It's Midnite in 80s

They're both by the Homestarrunner guys!

And Thunderhorse - Metalocalypse

the D is definetely much more of a "real" band than these 2 (which are both awesome btw)

Brighton X
08-25-2007, 05:06 AM
Ummm, Trogdor in GH2

lol I was just about to post this. See, this is a great song & it's from an ONLINE CARTOON. Tenacious D is two guys who both had prvious sucess in Rock. nuff said

CRAZY CJ 20
08-25-2007, 07:55 AM
FACT: the game is titled "Legends of Rock"

FACT: Tenacious D is certainly not a legend of rock

CONCLUSION: Tenacious D does not belong in this specific guitar hero game... common sense people!! No need to fight it!

Gun-Nut
08-25-2007, 08:01 AM
I always thought it was titled Legends of Rock because you get to face some bosses that happen to be legends, I.E Slash who happens to be on the front of the case.

Also last I check Beastie Boys are no legends to rock! but meh they are in there so why mention Tenacious D? You got something against them!?

deej brutal
08-25-2007, 06:34 PM
i seriously dont see the big deal in all this, its just the name of the game.

XxxOshKoshxxX
08-25-2007, 06:42 PM
The game is not trying to let you play legendary songs all time....

"Legends of Rock" is in the name because you can duet with the legends of rock (ie slash , Jimi Hendrix).

And to that guy who doenst like Tenacious D and sayed they are not a real band....You try and play tribute once you can then you have the right to complain dude

PogromXpert
08-26-2007, 06:09 AM
Teacious D is a real band. They play amazing songs which have amazing guitar riffs and solos. They are not taken seriously because of a movie. If thats the case what about other bands with movies. Pink Floyd- The Wall, Spinal Tap- This Is Spinal Tap, and others. Like People have also said before me. This game is titled Legends of Rock because of the boss battles. Besides the music is amazing. It spans across every decade and genre of rock. So frock you!!!
:uzi:Tenacious D Hater

J Lo
08-26-2007, 09:36 AM
And to that guy who doenst like Tenacious D and sayed they are not a real band....You try and play tribute once you can then you have the right to complain dude

That's pretty much what I said before...

Guitardevil
08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey buddy, Metallica is in the game and Tenacious D is a very good guitarist. Besides, if the songs were such garbage, let's see you make riffs like that...

Wow i never thought of that!

J Lo
08-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Wow i never thought of that!

Thought of what?

PerpetualHeaven
08-28-2007, 08:41 PM
yea i find it pretty laughable that tenacious D is in the game. i love jack black but come on they arent a real band.

Their lyrics are strange but listen to The Metal. I love the Guitaring (I made a new word yay) in that song. I think they're an excellent band. I believe they are one.

CONCLUSION: Tenacious D does not belong in this specific guitar hero game... common sense people!! No need to fight it!

It's not called Legends of Rock because of the songs being played in it but the bosses.

Defcizion
08-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Tenacious D is a band, but come one. They arn't up in the Elite Rock bands such as Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Living Colour, Iron Maiden, Dragonforce etc.. I think having Tenacious D in the game is a joke.

Have you even heard their song that's in the game. It will be fun to play. so kys.

k_dog
08-29-2007, 03:08 PM
This entire thread has made me laugh.

First off, who are you to judge who gets the title of "Legend?" Last I checked, nobody gives two shits about your Guitar skills so I feel that you have no right to determine the track picks.

Second, as Perpetual has said, the name is justified by the boss battles, not the Song content.

Third, for all of those who said "Tenatious D isnt a real Band,"...I'm PRETTY sure that they've put out albums which is enough for me to say, that's a band.

Point is, you don't have to take the band seriously to consider tham an actual band. Look at Nirvana for example...:p

Oh, and for the record, "The Metal" is a song of nothing but the truth. You can't kill the metal, because it's from Hell. FTW!!!

codedigital
08-29-2007, 03:32 PM
This entire thread has made me laugh.

First off, who are you to judge who gets the title of "Legend?" Last I checked, nobody gives two shits about your Guitar skills so I feel that you have no right to determine the track picks.

Second, as Perpetual has said, the name is justified by the boss battles, not the Song content.

Third, for all of those who said "Tenatious D isnt a real Band,"...I'm PRETTY sure that they've put out albums which is enough for me to say, that's a band.

Point is, you don't have to take the band seriously to consider tham an actual band. Look at Nirvana for example...:p

Oh, and for the record, "The Metal" is a song of nothing but the truth. You can't kill the metal, because it's from Hell. FTW!!!

Thanks k_dog...I was waiting on you to come in here and put the smackdown.

You didn't make one single point in that post that I didn't agree with 100%.

k_dog
08-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Thanks k_dog...I was waiting on you to come in here and put the smackdown.

You didn't make one single point in that post that I didn't agree with 100%.

That's right, every once in a while I have to come in here and check all the guitar n00bs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uea8k5sJ5qg

:p

PerpetualHeaven
08-30-2007, 02:35 PM
That's right, every once in a while I have to come in here and check all the guitar n00bs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uea8k5sJ5qg

Talk about shredding. That was fast as hell. I'm pretty sure Batio is faster, yah? Speaking of Batio, I would like to see some of his songs in here :D Would produce one hell of a challenge.

k_dog
08-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Talk about shredding. That was fast as hell. I'm pretty sure Batio is faster, yah? Speaking of Batio, I would like to see some of his songs in here :D Would produce one hell of a challenge.

Yeah, it's been said that Batio is faster but his stuff lacks alot of melodic feel. It's just fast.

Yann
08-30-2007, 07:39 PM

epic lulz, just because you cant make a riff like that it doesnt mean you dont have ears and cant discern whether or not the riff in question is good (in your opinion.)

Anyway the bands chosen are really good (Although judging from the new bands they released i.e Killers and Kaiser Chiefs are seriously homo, they need to keep on the rock/metal scene and ditch these bands they're putting in just so they can shift some copies.

k_dog
08-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Anyway the bands chosen are really good (Although judging from the new bands they released i.e Killers and Kaiser Chiefs are seriously homo, they need to keep on the rock/metal scene and ditch these bands they're putting in just so they can shift some copies.

You have to realize that they are trying to expand people's opinion on musical tastes.

codedigital
08-30-2007, 07:49 PM
epic lulz, just because you cant make a riff like that it doesnt mean you dont have ears and cant discern whether or not the riff in question is good (in your opinion.)

What is it with you and saying epic lulz over and over again? You're annoying and your attacking of peoples opinion is getting on my nerves. Go somewhere else.

I think Tenacious D is the shit.

I agree with most of your opinions actually...over on the other thread. BUT QUIT ATTACKING OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS.

k_dog
08-30-2007, 07:55 PM
What is it with you and saying epic lulz over and over again? You're annoying and your attacking of peoples opinion is getting on my nerves. Go somewhere else.

I think Tenacious D is the shit.

I agree with most of your opinions actually...over on the other thread. BUT QUIT ATTACKING OTHER PEOPLES OPINIONS.

what is it with u an trying to fix everbodis grammer i mean its just not kool u are annoying u kno u prolly have no life hahaha

codedigital
08-30-2007, 08:00 PM
what is it with u an trying to fix everbodis grammer i mean its just not kool u are annoying u kno u prolly have no life hahaha

Don't forget homie...I nows wear u live fo sho.

It wasn't really the grammar. He was just annoying me by bitching at everyone. I need to come jam again. We should have release parties for both games.

k_dog
08-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Don't forget homie...I nows wear u live fo sho.

It wasn't really the grammar. He was just annoying me by bitching at everyone. I need to come jam again. We should have release parties for both games.

OH SHIT!!! Though I have to check dates but I may be at teh Joes durring release. If not, I'm all for it. There will be a longer line for GH than the booze

PerpetualHeaven
08-31-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah, it's been said that Batio is faster but his stuff lacks alot of melodic feel. It's just fast.

Touche but some of his shreds have a nice ring to it. It isn't just plain shredding really fast... at times. :D

IDR SeMiNoLe
09-01-2007, 04:10 PM
You can't say that Tenacious D isn't a band, because they just are, I mean, it's pretty much a fact. I find it funny how that guy tried to use some f'd up logic to prove that TD shouldn't be in the game...

FACT: They are a band
FACT: They are in the game, and are going to remain in the game
CONCLUSION: There is nothing you can do about it

Honkymagoo
09-07-2007, 10:57 AM

You consider Metallica legends of rock? your point is moot right there. What most people would consider legends are pretty much garbage pop music. I say they release Guitar Hero KVLT Edition.

destruktive
09-13-2007, 05:58 PM
as previously stated, the game is titled legends of rock because you can battle the legends. easy enough.

The game is a Guitar hero game and people have different opinion on who's a guitar hero so they have a bunch of different types of music in the game.

Why aren't you complaining about the people from GH I & II not being guitar heroes?
That's all to it

codedigital
09-13-2007, 06:03 PM
I just wish someone would close this thread as it's idiotic and highly opinionated and all that people keep adding to it is more bullshit.

We can argue opinion all day long...

Dr Buttcrack
09-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Yea this thread is ridiculous. Everyone just posting their musical opinions...and attacking others.

destruktive
09-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I've never attacked anyone though. But yeah, this thread should absolutely be closed.

codedigital
09-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I've never attacked anyone though. But yeah, this thread should absolutely be closed.

Saying the exact same thing the last two posters have 5 days after the fact doesn't add much either. All your doing is bumping it back up.

Exane22
09-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Personally i like Tenasious D. When they want to rock man they rock hard and that is what its all about, rocking. Everyone is going to have a different opinon on what should be in the game, i dont know half of these bands but im always down to here some new shit. Like i would love to see a Story of the Year song in the game, something off of "In the Wake of Determination" When you can cover metallica at your concerts just to do it and sound exactly like them (some even said better :eek:) that is rocking :D Anyways the other half is getting me excited for this game and b4 i saw it i didnt give a damn about GH. So im happy with the track list.

Personally im looking forward to RAtM and The Beastie Boys, im going to love playing those songs.

travmeatwad
09-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Tenacious D is a band, but come one. They arn't up in the Elite Rock bands such as Van Halen, Black Sabbath, Living Colour, Iron Maiden, Dragonforce

You were good up until that last one. Dragonforce is terrible.

Who128
09-23-2007, 03:48 AM
You were good up until that last one. Dragonforce is terrible.

Dragonforce Terrible? yeah right......you probably think AFI's better than them

oneandonlytommo
10-13-2007, 07:32 PM
yeah i agree with the title of this thread since when have the red hot chili peppers been legends of rock lmao :D they couldnt have made a more worse list of songs for this game if they tried.

danjohnson58
10-18-2007, 09:42 PM
They're in the game for a reason, if they're considered a band or not is another matter, they've had sucess and released an album, that in my mind is good enough. Remember that any time you say something sucks around someone who disagrees, they try to validate their taste in shitty music/movies/clothing by reminding you that you still only speak for yourself, as if their opinions are in jeopardy of being monopolized by your own. Everyone already knows it's your opinion by virtue of the fact that I said it, no need to restate the obvious or argue the facts that have already been stated previously.

brentkid
10-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Some people just need to relax a little. Above all, they want to push copies and make money. The company isn't going to bend over backwards for a minority of people that are too close-minded to accept that there are other music genres out there.

slatanica
10-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Dragonforce is shit.The guitarist looks like Jackie Chan, so that is cool. If you want music, listen to some SLAYER... or Mayhem.

KlicK
10-19-2007, 03:56 AM

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT THE D!

Go listen to 'Tribute' and tell me it isn't legendary.

ClutchPapi34
10-19-2007, 05:55 AM
the game does have some good bands, but they need AC/DC and Led Zeppelin for it to be Legends of Rock