PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested in a video guide?

McDurbin
04-08-2012, 01:03 AM
My friend and I are currently getting all the collectibles on our first playthrough, if the achievement doesn't unlock for him since he's not host then I'm going to help him get it. So if there is an interest in a video guide for all the collectibles I'll record with my HD PVR and make video guide. Let me know.

Box Of Ice
04-08-2012, 01:28 AM
I'm not sure that it's really needed, but I know that some people would really appreciate it. So I would vote yes :)

vVLelouchVv
04-08-2012, 04:35 AM
its not really needed because of the good guide we have but it could help some people who got confused or something I think you should a lot of people would rather watch the video than read a guide

DROGTURIST
04-08-2012, 10:59 AM
I would say yes but considering this game's length and size, it'd be A LOT of work for you and I just don't think it's worth it when we already have Jeesp's great guides.

Jeesp
04-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Imo, a video guide for the collectables in this game would be hard to follow, because some of the levels you need three or four characters to collect all of them.

I guess it can be made easier to follow if you have voice-over or text during the video, explaining when you need different characters etc.

Mr360xX
04-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes make a video guide, the written guide is to confusing to follow.

Jeesp
04-08-2012, 04:49 PM
the written guide is to confusing to follow.

Then leave some feedback so that it can be improved.

vVLelouchVv
04-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Yes make a video guide, the written guide is to confusing to follow.

I found the guide really good he put a lot of effort into it he helped me collect everything so now im 200/200 cause of him :)

KashThePriest
04-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Video guide would be very appreciated (though not necessary imo), for me visual is easier than text (the text guide here thus far has been awesome) but personally, I would prefer a video guide to getting gold medals. Some of them I just can't figure out how to shave off several seconds to get gold (especially in them hell levels)

Red Testament
04-09-2012, 03:45 AM
I'm a visual person, so yes.

McDurbin
04-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I made a video for getting gold on the first level. Working on the collectibles now. If you have any feedback on my first south park video, let me know.
South Park 2546 Gold Run - YouTube

I'll either make another topic with all the videos or PM Jeesp and see if he wants to add the videos to his guide.

I was thinking, I may just wait till I complete the game so I can start a new game so the collectibles show up.

Jeesp
04-09-2012, 10:59 PM
If you have any feedback on my first south park video, let me know.

Looking good. :) What kind of recording device do you use?

Some tips for getting gold medals: Go into those rooms only accessible with certain characters, those rooms are usually packed with time particles. Just like the room you accessed with Cartman in your video.

There's usually boxes to smash near crowbar spawns, containing loads of time particles.

I'll either make another topic with all the videos or PM Jeesp and see if he wants to add the videos to his guide.

I wouldn't mind adding the videos to my guide, but that's up to you.

McDurbin
04-10-2012, 12:28 AM
I use an HD PVR. I'll pm you with the playlist link so you can add the videos at the end of each level.I wanna get the achievement for not dying before they patch it and the achievement for beating it with all 4 characters.

UnDeadVision726
04-10-2012, 01:12 AM
"Gold Run" video was very helpful. Thank you for that. A collectables video would go well with the written guide in my opinion.

KashThePriest
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I use an HD PVR. I'll pm you with the playlist link so you can add the videos at the end of each level.I wanna get the achievement for not dying before they patch it and the achievement for beating it with all 4 characters.

Has it been confirmed they are sending a patch out for the not dying exploit?

McDurbin
04-10-2012, 10:28 PM
No, but I don't want to take the chance. I only have like 3 or 4 levels to go.

KashThePriest
04-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Yeah, you got a point. They always eventually find out bout these things and patch it. I'm hoping to get the cheev by the end of the week as well as finish the game altogether