PDA

View Full Version : Akira Yamaoka wants to work on Silent Hill again!

Creazil
04-08-2012, 08:42 PM
In the interview x360a had with Akira, they asked if he missed the Silent Hill franchise and how it's being run by a Western company. He stated that he thinks Silent Hill should return to Japan and that if he had a chance to work on the franchise again, he'd love to. Whoever is in charge of the franchise now, should totally take this on board and snatch Akira while they can! His music MADE the franchise what it is and what made it atmospherically frightening. And seriously, SH should go back to Japan. I didn't even get half way through Homecoming and I haven't even tried Downpour yet. I don't want to be disappointed so I'm kind of dodging it.

sleepymexican45
04-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Silent Hill 5

victimroyalty
04-08-2012, 10:44 PM
I'd love for him to work on the series again. He made that franchise pretty much. Homecoming was so terrible. Downpour was no classic Silent Hill, but I thought it was great for what it was.

Can't wait to see what's next for the series.

Herr Shaun
04-09-2012, 02:35 AM
Having composed music for the early Silent Hill titles, how do you feel about the series now that it's being handled by western developers?

I'd like developers to make Silent Hill again in Japan, but obviously now that it's a western production, clearly there's nothing we can do about that.
He's saying that he'd like for Silent Hill to become a Japanese franchise again, but since Team Silent has disbanded it's very unlikely that it will go overseas again. Even if it did, there's no guarantee that the Japanese developer that picked it up would make good games either.

Do you ever miss working on the Silent Hill franchise at all?
It's not like I miss it that much, but if there was ever an opportunity to work on the Silent Hill franchise again, I'd love to work on it.
It would be great to have Akira working on the project again, but I doubt his music alone would be enough to bring us back to the glory days.

nicoissora
04-10-2012, 01:45 AM
In all honesty, I really hope Silent Hill becomes scary sometime soon.

TheNephilim42
06-05-2012, 05:08 PM
As cool as it would be to have him working on the SH franchise again, the team of him and Suda51 over at Grasshopper is just too perfect a combination to split up.

Jonesin
06-06-2012, 06:59 AM
A Western company took over?? So thats what happened....