New borderlands class !

Robot God

"Gearbox held a panel at PAX East to discuss some incredible new things for Borderlands 2 that have never been released anywhere else before and I was on-hand to witness it all. To say they dropped some bombs would be the understatement of the entire event and if you’re a fan of the game in any way you’ll want to keep reading to see all the details below! Read on to find out about some exciting information…a new character coming to Borderlands 2?

The game features a new skin system which is introduced into the loot of the game. Defeating bosses and enemies will unlock new skins for your characters. These are more than just different colors and patterns with some being more rare than others.

Things get taken a step further with customizable heads. Your character in Borderlands 2 is going to be truly yours more than ever before. On top of that there’s a special bonus for all players of the first Borderlands: everyone who has played the first game will receive a unique skin and head.

The biggest news however is something that is on the way after the game launches: a new character! At some point the plan is to add a new character called the “Mechromancer”, another female character!

What can a Mechromancer do? That’s not entirely locked down at this time but we were shown concept art of what was referred to as “Deathtrap”. Borderlands 2 just got real. The plan is to launch this DLC within 60 to 90 days of the game launching, though nothing is concrete at this time.

The best part? If you join the Borderlands 2 ”Premiere Club” you’ll get the new character for absolutely free! (borderlands2.com/preorder)

The team also announced that there will be a number of special editions for the game in a number of tiers. Mention was made of one edition costing $99 and another after that for $149 which will actually come in a physical loot box from the game!"

IMO looks the best out of the five to me.I asked for a cyborg type character a while back so I am very happy.

http://kotaku.com/5900166/borderland...ssbut-shes-dlc

Edited by Robot God

on twitter Zach Ford (senior designer gearbox software) confirms it is a preorder bonus

I asked him if we got the mechromancer free if we preordered and he said yup free

I hope it will be ready day one as I wont want to play as any of the other four now.

sounds amazing but according to dan ryckert (from gameinformer on twitter the mechcromancer comes with the collecters edition of the game

Ryckert says the collecters edition includes Includes Marcus bobblehead, free Mechromancer DLC, and loot box packaging.

Any idea where the collector's edition will be available (In US?)

From what I gather it'll be post-release DLC, but I believe if you pre-order you get something like an online pass I guess, for later on when the DLC comes. But its not exclusive to the CE or pre-order, which is nice.

I'm really liking the idea of the class, if she's properly balanced and isn't tacked on, it'll probably be my favourite class.

From what I gather it'll be post-release DLC, but I believe if you pre-order you get something like an online pass I guess, for later on when the DLC comes. But its not exclusive to the CE or pre-order, which is nice.

I'm really liking the idea of the class, if she's properly balanced and isn't tacked on, it'll probably be my favourite class.

The Mechromancer's ability is very interesting,a sidekick robot sounds cool.Still unanswered if the robot will be able to move freely around once summoned or if it will function like Axton's turret and stay in the one spot.If its the latter then I will be a bit disappointed.

The Mechromancer's ability is very interesting,a sidekick robot sounds cool.Still unanswered if the robot will be able to move freely around once summoned or if it will function like Axton's turret and stay in the one spot.If its the latter then I will be a bit disappointed.

Chances are that the DeathTrap will be able to move much like an ordinary ClapTrap, only probably more lethal. Gotta say that this aspect of the Mechromancer is very intriguing plus the rest of the Special Editions. Just pre-ordered the game today, and when it comes out on September 18th, I'll be heading down to the Gamestop by my house and pick up my own copy of the Loot box.

Pre-order accomplish.

It was short of cheap, 25 € for pre-order in amazon. Pc version tough. Excited and fucked at the same time.

Will be awesome to play this from the start and get all pre-order but specially play on-line co-op, since it´s free (yup, silver live member here, every time I want co-op in Borderlands one is split screen or nothing, and only have one friends who likes to play so, kind of totally miss that part of the game). Yet on the other hand, I´ve been outside of PC gaming for a very long time and consider myself this days a proud console player.

Someday will get GOTY editions once all DLC had been launched and stuff (obviously I´m already expecting several expensive DLCs, C´mon, you know it too) for my X-box. But piss me off to think that everything I do on PC to play the first time around, will be had to be done again in X-Box. And probably will play at least one complete playtrough with the 5 playable characters (so far, if they don´t release more...please let them be the original Vault Hunters if more DLC characters are on their way), so, I´m going to be really into Borderlands 2. Can just wait they really make the game more awesome than the first one. I have play tons of hours with the game, but not as much as the 10 minimum playtroughs I´m going to need on this one.

• 2 weeks later...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I'm getting the game for $40, and I won't get the $20 off back so I have to buy the regular edition via Amazon. However, I still might pick up the uber CE for $150 though. GDI! Why didn't they announce this earlier. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Edit: I just realized the $150 version comes with a red chest. Great now I need $150... >_<

Edited by 13ip0lar

• 1 month later...