PDA

View Full Version : Took me longer to save my results that play through the game.

The Dauntless
04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Yes I heard there was freezing when you get achievements, and I installed the game in case that helps. There was bad freezing when I finished SH3, but then I tried SH2!

My 2nd playthrough of SH2 took me 1 Hour 42 mins (not particularly good but under the 3 hours for the achievement). Then it took me 2 hours 30 minutes to get the results screen to save.

Normally I would quit but I needed the results to get the dog key, etc. It hadnt crashed cost the music was playing and I could get the guide menu up (about 10 minutes after pressing the button).

So i had to wait 2.5 hours...

Seriously who tested this??

Bobo
04-09-2012, 12:48 PM
that is not typical... it would be laggy when the results screen loaded and might stutter as it faded in, taking MAYBE 30 seconds at the longest before i could save... but that is craaaaaazy man.

O918
04-09-2012, 02:53 PM
thats pretty funny, as well as it was aggravating for you, im sure. i bought the HD collection, but i havent opened it yet bc i keep hearing all the problems people have with it, and i might take it back. Ive been playing SH2 on my PS2 bc I dont think i ever finished it back in the day.

The Dauntless
04-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Hmmm, I wonder why I am getting SO MUCH slowdown?

Thing is I have done SH2 4 times now and it has happend every time but GETS WORSE each time too.

I mean literally on my last results screen I got the noise for the achievment unlocking, then it took 5 minutes for the achievment unlock notice to come up, it stuck around for 10 minutes then faded and I got a black screen for hours as the results gradually fade it.

Anyway I dont think I am going to playthrough again, its not worth the hassle for 15G endings.

Bobo
04-09-2012, 07:37 PM
just curious if you have the older gen xbox. not sure if it should matter but it really seems like some people are having more issues than others. i've heard a lot of people mention that being in a party chat makes the slowdown worse, so i'm generally curious how much difference in processing power different xboxes might have. i don't know the technical specs if there are any cpu differences but maybe something else is making some peoples xboxes slow down, like if theyre just old xboxes or clogged with pet hair or something

The Dauntless
04-14-2012, 03:44 PM
I have one of the new matte black consoles.

I think the slow down might be more to do with how large your profile is (ie how many achievements you have unlocked in other games) or how much space is used on your harddrive.

Like how for me all EA games take 10 minutes to load the title screen EVERY TIME I load the game. THis is because they 'scan' your HDD and profile - so the larger they are the longer it takes.

Or maybe its the same as the fact that my Aracde game list takes over 10 minutes(+) to load the list of games just cos I have a lot of downloaded games.

Seriously testing needs to be done on people that have big profiles and full HDDs in the future!!!

Grrrr....

EliteShadowMan
04-14-2012, 11:27 PM
More bitching from the same person who "hated" metal gear solid. Quit overexaggerating on how long it took to save your results.

fivebyfive200
04-15-2012, 09:17 AM
The game is nasty HD port, I have a LOT of achievements and large 250 gig hard drive and no other game breaks into low frame rate during a cutscene when an achievement pops :mad: It did it as well in SH3 during the worm fight.

Hopefully no one will use the shitty developers again and fuck konami for using some shit unknown studio. These games deserve better, they are the best survival horror games still. So glad I get the game second hand