PDA

View Full Version : Point Damage on Hard

zhoban
04-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know how many points of damage each enemy does on Hard? I was thinking about going through for a 10 Star Ranking and I hadn't seen if anyone knew for sure.

Bobo
04-11-2012, 05:15 PM
a full health bar is 100 health, but most likely if it's vibrating hard and dark red it's at about 80% so i figured i could heal from dark red to green about 6-7 times depending on how far into dark red you might be.

i know that doesn't answer your question directly but thats the only way i found to keep track. i think a first aid kit heals 50 points but it gets hard to keep track because if u have 30 points of damage and use a first aid, you still only took 30 damage so if u count first aids its hard to know how much damage you actually healed if you go into the green when using one.

O918
04-13-2012, 04:08 AM
i found this, might partially answer your question:

"Enough about boss fights, let's talk about normal enemy damage. A single attack by Patient Demons, Mannequins and Nurses won't hurt you too much, but you should always try your best to avoid it. An attack from any of these enemies will inflict around 5-15 damage points. It isn't much to be attacked once or a few times but it all adds up, along with bosses. You should be able to make it to the hospital without receiving damage. Stay away from all enemies on the streets before the apartments and keep your distance when shooting enemies in the apartments."

taken from http://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh2/ranking_en.htm

i suppose you could experiment. load up a hard save file, and heal up to green. let a nurse/mannequin/etc hit you until you die, counting the number of attacks it takes. divide 100 (your health) by the # of hits it took to die, and that will give you a rough estimate.

zhoban
04-13-2012, 01:59 PM
i found this, might partially answer your question:

"Enough about boss fights, let's talk about normal enemy damage. A single attack by Patient Demons, Mannequins and Nurses won't hurt you too much, but you should always try your best to avoid it. An attack from any of these enemies will inflict around 5-15 damage points. It isn't much to be attacked once or a few times but it all adds up, along with bosses. You should be able to make it to the hospital without receiving damage. Stay away from all enemies on the streets before the apartments and keep your distance when shooting enemies in the apartments."

taken from http://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh2/ranking_en.htm

i suppose you could experiment. load up a hard save file, and heal up to green. let a nurse/mannequin/etc hit you until you die, counting the number of attacks it takes. divide 100 (your health) by the # of hits it took to die, and that will give you a rough estimate.
So if I was going for a 10 Star Ranking and I have already gotten hit six times; three times from Lying Figures, once from a Cockroach, once from a Bubblehead Nurse and once from Flesh Lips. Should I just restart? I'm at my first save.

O918
04-13-2012, 03:39 PM
So if I was going for a 10 Star Ranking and I have already gotten hit six times; three times from Lying Figures, once from a Cockroach, once from a Bubblehead Nurse and once from Flesh Lips. Should I just restart? I'm at my first save.

i was going to tell you to look up the "eddie boss fight no damage" glitch on youtube, but i saw you had already commented on it haha

id hate to tell you that you are fine and you finish the game and get screwed over...
but as of right now, i would say that you are ok. the lying figures' gas spit attack and the cockroaches arent very powerful.

I watched the whole video walkthrough of one guys 10* run and he got hit more than i expected and still finished the game with only 200 damage points.

i wish i could give you advise based on my hard run because i took ALOT of damage from Brookhaven nurses, but i couldnt get an accurate measure of my damage for the dog ending because i was unlocking rebirth ending and the final two bosses RAPED me... like the mannequin in Woodside apt, haha. I ended up with 1580 damage points, but i think 1000 of that was from the final two bosses alone.

zhoban
04-13-2012, 08:27 PM
i was going to tell you to look up the "eddie boss fight no damage" glitch on youtube, but i saw you had already commented on it haha

id hate to tell you that you are fine and you finish the game and get screwed over...
but as of right now, i would say that you are ok. the lying figures' gas spit attack and the cockroaches arent very powerful.

I watched the whole video walkthrough of one guys 10* run and he got hit more than i expected and still finished the game with only 200 damage points.

i wish i could give you advise based on my hard run because i took ALOT of damage from Brookhaven nurses, but i couldnt get an accurate measure of my damage for the dog ending because i was unlocking rebirth ending and the final two bosses RAPED me... like the mannequin in Woodside apt, haha. I ended up with 1580 damage points, but i think 1000 of that was from the final two bosses alone.
There's enough healing items to heal that much damage when you are on Hard? This is news to me. But then again I've never gone through the game on Hard. I tried about a year ago on the PS2, got to Pyramid Head in the Blue Creek Apartments and he killed me. It was when I was going to attempt a 10 Star run.

I really wish it was known how much damage each enemy did. I mean, yes you can attempt using the health bar as a guide but even then you don't know how much damage you've taken since it sometimes stays in one status for a few attacks.

O918
04-24-2012, 03:35 AM
There's enough healing items to heal that much damage when you are on Hard? This is news to me. But then again I've never gone through the game on Hard. I tried about a year ago on the PS2, got to Pyramid Head in the Blue Creek Apartments and he killed me. It was when I was going to attempt a 10 Star run.

I really wish it was known how much damage each enemy did. I mean, yes you can attempt using the health bar as a guide but even then you don't know how much damage you've taken since it sometimes stays in one status for a few attacks.

yeah i dont think there is any change in the number of items on hard, their effectiveness may be less (in addition to increased damage from enemies) but i had plenty of healing items at the end.

i see what you are saying about waning the exact enemy damage, but damage might be somewhat variable, just like how it can take 3-6 shots to down an enemy. you dont really need to use the health bar as a guide, just try this little experiment i have below

if you do a long run average of the # of hits it takes an enemy to kill you, that will give you the best idea of how much damage it deals.

for example: from 100% health, a nurse hits you 6 times before it kills you. therefore, 100 health/6hits= 16.6 health/hit (aka damage points)....
try it again, maybe the nurse hits 8 times before you die, so 12.5 health/hit.
average them together, (16.6+12.5)/2= ~14.6 health/ hit
once you get a general idea of how much each enemy deals, itll be easy to keep track of you overall damage

these are not real tests ive attempted, just pure examples on how to figure it out for yourself. maybe one day ill do this and post them, but if you beat me to it dont hesitate to post your results!

EDIT: I ended up doing the experiment, here is what i came up with Hard Enemy Damage Experiment (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=5036366#post5036366)