PDA

View Full Version : dante must die nelo angelo3

neosman8
04-10-2012, 08:41 PM
tird fight against nelo angelo and i cant win i tried ifrit too slow, alaister was too weak so im using sparda like i did first 2 fights except ths time he kills me way to fast. any help?

UpgradePolecat
04-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Like it or not, Ifrit is the Nelo killer. The only really useful tactic in that battle on DMD! with Alastor and Sparda is the parry tactic where you parry each of his blows and slash cancel him every single time. It's easiest with Sparda because of Sparda's reach. But I don't recommend this tactic unless you know exactly what Nelo does.
Of course, you can put him in the slash cancel loop: hit him a few times, wait until he blocks, jump back to force him to fire his fireball and then attack him again.

Here's a little trick you can use with Ifrit: wait for his attack to finish and he starts taunting you. Now, hit him with one fully charged punch and then finish the combo uncharged. As soon as your combo ends, attack Nelo again. He'll block. Fully charge your second punch to both break his defense AND make him slump over. Fully charge the third attack and perform the last attack uncharged. Rinse, repeat until he blocks everything. This is your queue to let him teleport so you can pull off this loop again.

If he summons his Phantom Swords, toss a small, uncharged Meteor his way or hit him with Vortex (or any other melee attack) and he'll drop right down. I find Meteor the most reliable attack.

His defense is huge, so it's also a matter of determination. Take your time and wait out his attacks. IMO, he's definitely one of the hardest bosses in the game, next only to the last phase of Nightmare 3. This battle is all about remaining in control and not fighting like a total idiot.

L0cke89
04-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Just want to add that you can also DT-cancel at the end of your combo and use the grenade launcher to get two DT-bars back. Only beat him on hard, but this tactic worked great. Only got hit once, because I wasn't quick enough with my meteor attack.

But before my DMD run I will do a quick normal run again to finish my files and also to collect all items. Having a few invincible stars for Nelo, Nightmare and Mundus 2 saves a lot of frustration :D

neosman8
04-11-2012, 02:43 PM
i will try your tactic but im hoping to get by him without using any items i have a few left over for nightmare 3 and mundus and cannot afford to use/waste any right now.

neosman8
04-11-2012, 03:44 PM
ok i cheated alittle i did the combo for 1/4 damage then used all 5 of my ho,y waters and one untouchable to inferno him to death hopefully i have enough items to get by i saved in a diffrent slot just incase thanks for the advice guys helped quite a bit.

Snafu420
09-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Try not using holy waters. The way I did it is using Ifrit with ebony and ivory. Same DT kick 13 combo when he is on the ground. When he is suspended in the air meteor his ass as much as you can. If he's about to strike while in the air and your charging up meteor just release it and dodge. Never charge up all the way that can get you hit and die just charge up enough. If you unsure of that then fire your pistols in DT mode it may suck and not hurt him much but every little bit counts. You could use air raid with alastor or vortex but you need to have those maxed level 1 doesn't work as much as maxed does. Also if you have all the Ifrit skills the Juno attack that he is covered in fire(forgot what it's called) jump right next to him and attack with the downward kick which is basically jump ten press A?(I think that's right for default controls). Best of luck to you because he is a bitch none the less.

SP33D D3M0N 803
11-24-2012, 09:38 PM
i like to attack him only once he starts taunting, jump over him after you complete your combo, and do the helm breaker to him. Rinse and repeat. Seems to be pretty much foolproof.