PDA

View Full Version : No Use Crying??

IEvil IMonkey
04-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Ok for anyone that has this can you please tell me.... Does it need to be in 1 save game file or is it over all games?

I'm sure I should have this by now. I've been starting the 1st level and then just letting it "drip" all night while I sleep then complete the level to save it. I've done this 3x8hrs now and as guide says 20hrs thought it would've unlocked by now

Thanks for any help :woop:

I M1K3Y B I
04-12-2012, 05:08 PM
What i did that finally got it to work was.

Completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

Then i started a new game.
Left level 1 playing by itself for 5 hours.
Finished the level and saved.

Then started another new game.
Finished the level and saved on a different slot.

Etc.

I did this 4/5 times and it eventually popped :)

Best of luck with it mate, this achievement sucks big time.

IEvil IMonkey
04-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the quick reply mate

Will try this over week.... Absolutely pointless stupid achievement

Worse I've seen in a long time

I M1K3Y B I
04-12-2012, 07:16 PM
If there was some sort of tracker it wouldn't be so bad.

At the end of the day its a phone game so they shouldn't expect us to do these sort of things.

IEvil IMonkey
04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
What i did that finally got it to work was.

Completely uninstall and reinstall the game.

Then i started a new game.
Finished the level and saved.

Etc.

I did this 4/5 times and it eventually popped :)

Best of luck with it mate, this achievement sucks big time.

WELL THAT DIDNT WORK :mad:

I had over 30hrs of drip play over the 5 save game slots and nothing!!

Then I tried adding to my 1st save game slot by leaving each level for a few hrs, then completing the level to save it and doing same with next level.... I had over 32hrs like this and STILL NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other methods out there guys???

I've even emailed chaotic games about this and a method to get the achievement but no reply yet..... F**KIN PI**IN me right off this now :mad:

Streak Leader
04-17-2012, 03:40 AM
WELL THAT DIDNT WORK :mad:

I had over 30hrs of drip play over the 5 save game slots and nothing!!

Then I tried adding to my 1st save game slot by leaving each level for a few hrs, then completing the level to save it and doing same with next level.... I had over 32hrs like this and STILL NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other methods out there guys???

I've even emailed chaotic games about this and a method to get the achievement but no reply yet..... F**KIN PI**IN me right off this now :mad:

I'm in the same boat. I was about to uninstall and reinstall using the method above, but after seeing your post, I think I'm going to avoid that.

I have a level 50 save, another save to the end of level 20 to get "Dedicated Dropper," and now a third one that I have been running on my phone for about 9 hours today. All told, that's at least 20 plus hours that I have put into this. I'm tempted to let it run overnight while I sleep, but I also don't want to FUBAR my phone...

I haven't been able to find another solution. If you get a response from the company, I would really like to see it.

What a bullshit achievement...

IEvil IMonkey
04-17-2012, 11:42 AM
I'm in the same boat. I was about to uninstall and reinstall using the method above, but after seeing your post, I think I'm going to avoid that.

I have a level 50 save, another save to the end of level 20 to get "Dedicated Dropper," and now a third one that I have been running on my phone for about 9 hours today. All told, that's at least 20 plus hours that I have put into this. I'm tempted to let it run overnight while I sleep, but I also don't want to FUBAR my phone...

I haven't been able to find another solution. If you get a response from the company, I would really like to see it.

What a bullshit achievement...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO :woop: FINALLY GOT IT (@ some point in the night)

Ok on my 5 save games (using the method submitted above) I had...

1) 7hr
2) 4hr
3) 5hr
4) 7hr
5) 6hr

Thats 29hr and I didn't get it so I thought I'd try something else and do it in 1 save file so I used save 1 and played a few levels using the drip method and then saving after xxhrs and doing next level.

On top of the 7hrs I had already I did another 4hr, 12hr, 12hr and still nothing so I put it on overnight again yesterday/today for 8hrs and when I woke and completed level 14 I checked the achievements and there it was!!!!!

At a guess thats well over 35hrs to get it unlocked :locked

No matter how hopeless it looks just keep going and you should get there :Bounce:

This has now been deleted off my WP7 with a HUGE SMILE :woop:

IEvil IMonkey
04-17-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't know if the count is taken from 1 game save file or ALL the save files..... that means it takes 35hrs (in one save file) or 57hrs if it's over them ALL - either way I agree..... it's a BULLSHIT cheeve!!!!

Streak Leader
04-19-2012, 03:27 AM
I don't know if the count is taken from 1 game save file or ALL the save files..... that means it takes 35hrs (in one save file) or 57hrs if it's over them ALL - either way I agree..... it's a BULLSHIT cheeve!!!!

Just to confirm then, it popped while the game was running and not at the end of a level?

I am running off one save now that has at least 20 hours on it (on top of the 3 other save files that I recounted above). I let it run all night last night and am going to do it again tonight.

I am hopeful that upon finishing the level in the morning, I will be greeted with a nice surprise...

Streak Leader
04-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Still no achievement. I have now let the game run for 3 consecutive nights while I'm asleep. I'm beginning to think that it's just not going to happen for me.

I M1K3Y B I
05-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Just to confirm then, it popped while the game was running and not at the end of a level?

Pops while the level is running.

I M1K3Y B I
05-09-2012, 12:12 PM

It can't be taken from one save file, as the method i posted is the one i did and it unlocked for me :confused:

Before using that method i had several failed attempts at getting it.