PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero III Achievements

Dr Buttcrack
08-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Best. achievements. evar.

veritas347
08-24-2007, 07:09 PM
i think there ok but i thought they would make them somewhat the same as guitar hero II but i guess they arent too bad

Brighton X
08-24-2007, 07:34 PM
I voted pretty cool, they're good but not great.

Who128
08-24-2007, 08:54 PM
The thing i don't like are the Co-Op achievements...because 1.) i don't have a Co-Op partner and 2.)i think single player is better you don't have to rely on someones skills, its just you and your skill.But hey what do i know. Nuff said.

Th3 Apache Dog
08-24-2007, 09:56 PM
The thing i don't like are the Co-Op achievements...because 1.) i don't have a Co-Op partner and 2.)i think single player is better you don't have to rely on someones skills, its just you and your skill.But hey what do i know. Nuff said.there is online play...i think they are awesome...

Gun-Nut
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Achievements are Achievements :P from what I know no list has ever been changed because people hated them so I think they are awesome! and those who don't get over it! don't buy the game if you're worried about getting full GS!

Th3 Apache Dog
08-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Achievements are Achievements :P from what I know no list has ever been changed because people hated them so I think they are awesome! and those who don't get over it! don't buy the game if you're worried about getting full GS!He speaks the truth:drunk

DoM cAbAn
08-25-2007, 01:47 AM
Eh, they don't really sound too good to me. But we'll see, might be better after I actually play it.

Dr Buttcrack
08-25-2007, 04:31 AM
The thing i don't like are the Co-Op achievements...because 1.) i don't have a Co-Op partner and 2.)i think single player is better you don't have to rely on someones skills, its just you and your skill.But hey what do i know. Nuff said.

Yea dude; online co-op, battle, face-off, everything. That's one of the main reasons we're all so hyped for this game :woop:

Pyroman31
08-25-2007, 04:37 AM
I voted for pretty cool. Not too happy bout the controller ones...

Dr Buttcrack
08-25-2007, 05:44 AM
Look man, you just play through Easy mode lefty, and then medium with the controller. Then you've knocked out the Easy and Medium career difficulty achievements along with the other 2 ones. Simple as that, it's what I'm gonna do for sure. Then I'll be able to use the guitar for Hard and Expert and get everything in 4 playthroughs.

Gun-Nut
08-25-2007, 05:48 AM
Look man, you just play through Easy mode lefty, and then medium with the controller. Then you've knocked out the Easy and Medium career difficulty achievements along with the other 2 ones. Simple as that, it's what I'm gonna do for sure. Then I'll be able to use the guitar for Hard and Expert and get everything in 4 playthroughs.

Did not think of that ;) thanks for the post! I'll be doing this for sure now!

Th3 Apache Dog
08-25-2007, 05:58 AM
You guys forgot that you need to beat the game on hard or expert with controller as well:(

Fire Mage
08-25-2007, 06:01 AM
The two standard achievements are very shitty. Seriously, it's Guitar Hero. I don't want to have to play with a controller. That pisses me off.

The rest are pretty decent though, I suppose. More time consuming, but good.

Animagi
08-25-2007, 06:02 AM
So, basically Neversoft is saying, "You're really good at Guitar Hero, right? No? Oh, well...sucks to be you!" They definately made these achievements with pros and really good players in mind. Sorry if you're a casual player...but take heart you'll still get...50pts.

The achievements for this game are insane! I don't think one person will get all 1000. (Good luck on the "Beat a Member who made the game" achievement. I HATE those!)

Th3 Apache Dog
08-25-2007, 06:04 AM
So, basically Neversoft is saying, "You're really good at Guitar Hero, right? No? Oh, well...sucks to be you!" They definately made these achievements with pros and really good players in mind. Sorry if you're a casual player...but take heart you'll still get...50pts.

The achievements for this game are insane! I don't think one person will get all 1000. (Good luck on the "Beat a Member who made the game" achievement. I HATE those!)Stick around 'till next year 'cuz im getting all 1000 in this game;)...you can quote me on that too:drunk

Fire Mage
08-25-2007, 06:04 AM

The achievements for this game are insane! I don't think one person will get all 1000. (Good luck on the "Beat a Member who made the game" achievement. I HATE those!)
I'm sure someone will get 1000.

Also, as for Dragonforce's song, I actually believe it might be easier than Jordan. I mean, I'll have to try it to see it, I just have a feeling. Sure, it'll take a lot of practice still, but Jordan was just insane solos that would kill you; Dragonforce's song is real and has rhythm to it.

Birky
08-25-2007, 12:58 PM
The achievements are great! They are also good for everyone... If you suck at GH, o well. Then play on medium and have fun trying to get new high scores and five staring songs. You don't NEED achievements. But for us that are good at the game there are achievements that will take a very long time... 750K on a song alone... (What song could this possibly be?! maybe One by Metallica thats like 8 minutes long.?) Or hit 250K notes, get 1mil points co-op and so on. Also the game on online VERSE AND CO-OP!!! So you can get co-op achievements now ever if your brother and neighbor suck. I don't think anyone should be complaining about this game, I think it will easily be my favorite game of 2007.

Walcherina
08-25-2007, 02:29 PM
They look harder than Guitar Hero II, and I didn't think that was possible. 750K in one song, wow. Although it might be easier to get a higher score in this version.

Ghost x360a
08-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Stick around 'till next year 'cuz im getting all 1000 in this game;)...you can quote me on that too:drunk

I'm sure you will.:p I personally think the achievements are okay, but I do agree with Animagi about most of the achievments being for people who are really good at the game.

Dr Buttcrack
08-25-2007, 04:34 PM
You guys forgot that you need to beat the game on hard or expert with controller as well:(

Aw dammit, didn't see the hard/expert part...oh well, we can keep pretty much the same run:

Easy - lefty (probably will need to finish 5*ing playing normal)
Medium - normal
Hard - controller (definetely will need to finish 5*ing playing with guitar)
Expert - lefty..jk

shiningcheese
08-25-2007, 08:26 PM
i like the achievements... except those goddamn co-op and play with a standard controller crap. thats just stupid. why do we have to play with a standard controller? wtf? who cares? god its going to piss me off when i have all achievements in the game except for those achievements.

Cold Rival
08-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Looks like they're definatly not ones for those in the GSL...

I'm not really impressed in all honesty.

Dr Buttcrack
08-26-2007, 02:20 AM
i like the achievements... except those goddamn co-op and play with a standard controller crap. thats just stupid. why do we have to play with a standard controller? wtf? who cares? god its going to piss me off when i have all achievements in the game except for those achievements.

Sure I can see people not liking the idea of playing through Hard with a controller, but how can you not like playing online Guitar Hero co-op?! That's gonna be the best part!

Crimsonthrone
08-26-2007, 11:11 PM
I voted for the top option (ZOMG)

The List is so much better than Guitar Hero 2's List

Flavo5000
08-27-2007, 03:11 AM

Also, as for Dragonforce's song, I actually believe it might be easier than Jordan. I mean, I'll have to try it to see it, I just have a feeling. Sure, it'll take a lot of practice still, but Jordan was just insane solos that would kill you; Dragonforce's song is real and has rhythm to it.

Um... Have you heard this Dragonforce song before? Are you aware that's it's 7.5 minutes long, about 4.5 of which are INSANE SOLOS? I'm pretty certain this song will be absolutely crazy.

Fire Mage
08-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Um... Have you heard this Dragonforce song before? Are you aware that's it's 7.5 minutes long, about 4.5 of which are INSANE SOLOS? I'm pretty certain this song will be absolutely crazy.
Dude, I listen to Dragonforce. I listened to Dragonforce since a long time ago, and was excited when I heard this song was on there.

I know that there are insane solos, but it is pretty much speed strumming a shitload. It's not like Jordan where your fingers have to fucking sprawl all over the buttons insanely fast.

I'm not saying it won't be hard...of course it will be. It'll be insane. But I bet with a LOT AND LOT AND LOT of practice, someone could beat it sooner than they could Jordan.

GoBlue7
08-27-2007, 03:36 AM
I think they're pretty meh, but I don't play Guitar Hero for the achievements so I'm fine with them.

Cyrex
08-27-2007, 03:57 AM
I think that they absolutely suck. The achievements for Guitar Hero 2 were pretty good but the point distribution was poor. But there are some really stupid achievements here like use star power 3 times in Through the fire and the flames, and play through a whole difficulty with lefty flip on? What that hell is that, and don't even get me started with the Controller either

killerharu45
08-30-2007, 03:06 AM
i think they are good. but i dont like the standard controller ones. i really dont want to get used to a different style of playing

codedigital
08-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Dude, I listen to Dragonforce. I listened to Dragonforce since a long time ago, and was excited when I heard this song was on there.

I know that there are insane solos, but it is pretty much speed strumming a shitload. It's not like Jordan where your fingers have to fucking sprawl all over the buttons insanely fast.

I'm not saying it won't be hard...of course it will be. It'll be insane. But I bet with a LOT AND LOT AND LOT of practice, someone could beat it sooner than they could Jordan.

People that have played it have said it's harder than Jordan.

And I think the fact that they force you to play the game with a standard controller ruins the achievements.

Dr. Buttcrack...your argument that it's awesome because of online co-op really makes no difference...because Rock Band has online co-op too.

Gun-Nut
08-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Well I'm guessing they will beat it sooner then Jordan since they've had all that time playing GHII ;) does not make it fair really :P now if they only played GHIII then thats a diffrent matter... but then they would have never beat Jordan...

russell1190
08-30-2007, 03:13 PM
I don't think they are the best ever but they are ok

Yann
08-30-2007, 07:34 PM

Yeah but its like 7 minutes long, its gonna need some motivation to learn it and have to restart it again if you mess up.

I dont really like these achivements, the song ones are fun but I really hate the controller and co-op ones, aswell as the few really gay online ones.

IDR SeMiNoLe
09-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I missed the controller one...that's really stupid....it's a guitar simulator, and they have an "achievement" for beating something with a controller...that's ridiculous

conor bp
09-09-2007, 02:36 PM
achievements are achievements if u want them u gota do what it ses get over it if it tells u have to play with a controller then u have to do it with a controller there not impossible to get u can get 1000 g of it if u jus play it for long enough

Zef
09-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I'm just glad that they aren't having the majority of them needing either extreme proficiency in guitar heroing or another person with similar skills to play with. The achievements for this one are way better than the last ones, so as long as I can use my current controller with the game I'll be getting it. The song list is also an improvement =)

Seankichu
09-10-2007, 05:50 AM
I watched the clip of the Dragonforce song being played in GH3 at Gamespot and I agree that it looks more do-able than Jordan. It seems closer to a more hyper Misrilou than Jordan and the real difficulty will simply be the endurance factor, lasting throughout the whole 7-8mins.

The 3 star power uses might be tricky though if the game makes you perfect particularly spastic section in order to build star power.

Also, I'm always entertained when they come up with really specific achieves like the wammy every wammyable note one.

I would also like to add the the misery that is the backlash to the controller achieve... sucks etc.

It does make me yearn for something I had forgotten about for some time, I wish Harmonix would go back and make another sequel to the Frequency and Amplitude games. I got good enough to play those on Insane on my PS2 and your fingers fly like they were in the NBA :)

Amplitude 2 on 360 FTW

Legends xExilex
09-10-2007, 04:00 PM
they are pretty cool not the best though.

|oneyedNewb|
09-12-2007, 09:45 PM
the achievements should be fun to get, as for co-op i hope i can rely on apache or anyone else better than me to help me out lol :p

Th3 Apache Dog
09-12-2007, 11:01 PM
the achievements should be fun to get, as for co-op i hope i can rely on apache or anyone else better than me to help me out lol :p lol...why is my name always mentioned first?:plol...I'll help out whoever just don't interrupt me if I'm playing halo3;):p

Birky
09-13-2007, 12:33 AM
lol...why is my name always mentioned first?:plol...I'll help out whoever just don't interrupt me if I'm playing halo3;):p

You are not ALWAYS first to be mentioned. I can get help from Buttcrack :p Cause his gamerpic is silly and makes me laugh when I see it. But I hope I'll still be able to lose a couple of battles to you :o and some other of the gods here...

Th3 Apache Dog
09-13-2007, 12:37 AM
You are not ALWAYS first to be mentioned. I can get help from Buttcrack :p Cause his gamerpic is silly and makes me laugh when I see it. But I hope I'll still be able to lose a couple of battles to you :o and some other of the gods here... lol...I agree go annoy Buttcrack:pWho knows i can suck at GH3:Bounce:

Birky
09-13-2007, 12:47 AM
lol...I agree go annoy Buttcrack:pWho knows i can suck at GH3:Bounce:

O man if you sucked at Guitar hero that would be like some kind of apocalypse. But anywho I know Kato (from Game Informer) and he's played it, he said they jacked expert WAY up. So get ready for a challenge.

Th3 Apache Dog
09-13-2007, 12:48 AM
O man if you sucked at Guitar hero that would be like some kind of apocalypse. But anywho I know Kato (from Game Informer) and he's played it, he said they jacked expert WAY up. So get ready for a challenge. Yay, I like challenges, except the gay controller achievement challenges...I didn't get addicted to GH with a controller:rant:

|oneyedNewb|
09-13-2007, 03:26 PM
lol...why is my name always mentioned first?:plol...I'll help out whoever just don't interrupt me if I'm playing halo3;):p
Ile change my post if you're going to whine about it jeez...:p

destruktive
09-13-2007, 06:04 PM
They are ok I guess.
Little harder than GHIII so that's cool. :)

Dr Buttcrack
09-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Find your own damn co-op partner Birky, I've already got one

:p

Naw I actually do already have a partner, but I'd be glad to help you out with anything man

Birky
09-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Find your own damn co-op partner Birky, I've already got one

Well in that case you will just have to get some of your 500 wins off of me. Online is going to be sweet...

|oneyedNewb|
09-13-2007, 08:13 PM
ile help you birky as long as you let me win to get a few ach's lol

Deagle I87
10-02-2007, 04:57 PM
i think they are amazing and those who think they are just ok i kinda wonder if that is because they dont have enough skill to be able to get some of the achievements, so they are not as excited. for the guy who wanted them to be the same as gh2, those were dumb because u didnt get different gamerscore for beatin it on expert as u did on easy so thats a problem itself.

killlah631
10-08-2007, 03:58 PM
They aren't the greatest, but they also aren't bad in anyway. I just think that the standard controller is completely stupid, and other then that everything seems decent besides the amount of points given for certain achievements.

Swished
10-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Pretty cool what can I say...

KRIS DETH
10-13-2007, 07:16 PM
They Are Pretty Awsome Only A Week Or So Now Then We Get To drive them xD

ASTROBL4ACK
10-14-2007, 03:03 PM
By the looks of it, you'll need to play through the whole setlist 8 times, easy, medium, hard, expert, then repeat on co-op, sounds like a drag, but the setlist is so bad-ass i'm not too worried about it.

Also, I'm willing too help anybody who needs it, I've 5-starred everything, and was the sites first 1,000 earner for the previous game.

Sweet666Kraven
10-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Dragonforce are incredibly meh. It's going to be hard to even listen to that song let alone beat it on expert.

I think the achievements are extremely original however, some of them like Beat Hard ot Expert with a normal controller are just plain silly.

ASTROBL4ACK
10-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Dragonforce are incredibly meh. It's going to be hard to even listen to that song let alone beat it on expert.

I think the achievements are extremely original however, some of them like Beat Hard ot Expert with a normal controller are just plain silly.

I respect your opinion, but wonder, have you given the song a serious, unbiased listen? some of those solo phrases are so good they make me want to slap my mother.

Dr Buttcrack
10-17-2007, 04:39 PM
I hated Dragonforce for a long time after first hearing it, just do to everyone I knew loving it. And I still agree that Dragonforce is overrated, but you cannot deny their songs to be completely amazing.