PDA

View Full Version : A helpful tip for those seeking red orbs

a7x4lyf3
04-13-2012, 06:08 AM
If you want lots of red orbs fast, here's a little tip for you all. In the transition from Mission 7 to Mission 8 after you use the guiding light key and go through the grey door, instead of jumping across jump down off the ledge, go back through the blue door into the air plane room, from there go through the red marionette door into the side winding hallway where phantom chased you, head down the hallway until you reach the double doors, head through those doors and into the courtyard, Phantom will be in here. Now don't be alarmed, he's much easier to defeat this time around, activate devil trigger and have at him, stingers, helm breakers, and the YYYY combo are very effective on him while in devil trigger, once you kill him you've bagged yourself 500 red orbs and your devil gauge will automatically refill after you defeat him, exit the door, then turn right back around and he'll be there again, rinse and repeat and there you have it, easy red orb farming in DmC1, happy devil hunting (:

Dark Anaconda
04-16-2012, 09:36 AM
EDIT: Nevermind , just one tipp: It doesn`t work on Normal Mode ,but in Hard Mode its working.

Thanks Dementhis.

a7x4lyf3
04-17-2012, 06:59 AM
EDIT: Nevermind , just one tipp: It doesn`t work on Normal Mode ,but in Hard Mode its working.

Thanks Dementhis.Hmm doesn't work on Normal? I'll have to try this, glad I could be of help (:, it also works on Dante Must Die.

Devil Sora
04-28-2012, 03:07 AM
I did this only in Mission 4, where he chases you. I would kill him (would take about 1 million stab then a stinger lvl 2) I'd save and reload. I'd get about 1000 red orbs every minute if your quick with loads and saves. This method works on normal so it may be a good alternative for people seeking something on that level.

Oh also remember to be DT'ed I think it goes without saying though.

Mei Ninja
04-29-2012, 02:46 AM
I did this only in Mission 4, where he chases you. I would kill him (would take about 1 million stab then a stinger lvl 2) I'd save and reload. I'd get about 1000 red orbs every minute if your quick with loads and saves. This method works on normal so it may be a good alternative for people seeking something on that level.

This is the method I'm using for farming orbs, though I find timing a good swing and bouncing his fireball back at him is a lot more effective in killing him for me. This method can also be used at the beginning of Mission 7.

keza132
04-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Gonna give both of these suggestions a good go on my second playthrough! Nice to know there is actually a decent way to farm those orbs!

Devil Sora
04-29-2012, 08:18 PM
This is the method I'm using for farming orbs, though I find timing a good swing and bouncing his fireball back at him is a lot more effective in killing him for me. This method can also be used at the beginning of Mission 7.

I did that at first. . . but then I thought it took far to long, so I figured what the hell I'll just turn right around DT and start smacking him around like a big, bubly, bug. It only takes an all out assault with Alastor and 3 DT things to kill him so Idk I just found it faster then waiting for him to attack me lol.

Viper187
07-06-2012, 06:04 PM
If you want lots of red orbs fast, here's a little tip for you all. In the transition from Mission 7 to Mission 8 after you use the guiding light key and go through the grey door, instead of jumping across jump down off the ledge, go back through the blue door into the air plane room, from there go through the red marionette door into the side winding hallway where phantom chased you, head down the hallway until you reach the double doors, head through those doors and into the courtyard, Phantom will be in here. Now don't be alarmed, he's much easier to defeat this time around, activate devil trigger and have at him, stingers, helm breakers, and the YYYY combo are very effective on him while in devil trigger, once you kill him you've bagged yourself 500 red orbs and your devil gauge will automatically refill after you defeat him, exit the door, then turn right back around and he'll be there again, rinse and repeat and there you have it, easy red orb farming in DmC1, happy devil hunting (:

So you can killl him repeatedly without saving and resetting? Sounds pretty good. I'm up to 120k red orbs right now in my DMD run killing him in the hallway on mission 4. I figured I'd grind as much as I can stand and just spam items when I get frustrated.

Edit: Yep. FYI, you can do the double jump and slash straight down on his tail section when exposed to take like 1/5th of his health each hit if you do it right. Probably the quickest way to end him if you get the method down.