PDA

View Full Version : Too Dark?

CalSlayer
04-13-2012, 11:49 AM
So I did buy this game today - I played Silent Hill 2 first, but I fount when I got into Wood Side Apartment I could not see a thing, it's pitch black and hard to direct, I know I'll obtain the flashlight soon enough but I can't even find my way to the room it's so dark.

I have brightness turned up to 7 but I can't get it any higher? Any advice? Or is getting the flashlight my only real option?

Creazil
04-13-2012, 11:52 AM
How about turning your contrast up? Just until you get the flashlight. For me, I had no problems.

HabsCen10ial
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
I turn brightness all the way up in every game I play. I just did this with Skyrim because the dungeons were too dark. When you get the flashlight you can turn it back down if you want.

CalSlayer
04-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Contrast can only go up 3 more and it doesn't make much difference, might have to just muck about try and find it, I'm in the corridor at the moment where the flashlight is - I can always use another TV and turn contrast up on there

8BitSoul
04-17-2012, 01:09 PM
The game was designed that way. It was meant to keep the feeling of being isolated when you are inside buildings. You're only option is to get the flashlight, which should be your first priority when you get to the Woodside Apartments. When you get to the second floor, turn right, and follow the hallway. The flashlight is in either the first or second room on the right side of the hallway.

Shadowiii
04-19-2012, 07:22 AM
The game was designed that way. It was meant to keep the feeling of being isolated when you are inside buildings. You're only option is to get the flashlight, which should be your first priority when you get to the Woodside Apartments. When you get to the second floor, turn right, and follow the hallway. The flashlight is in either the first or second room on the right side of the hallway.

This. They withhold the flashlight (which has a pretty awesome reveal when you get it) intentionally so that you are wandering around blind in the dark. I think it's a great trick. :)

Bobo
04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
in the xbox console display settings theres an option for black color management or something... i noticed a major difference in how much i could see in a dark room in this game when trying different options there

ChickinOnaChain
04-19-2012, 02:45 PM
I had the same problem in SH Home Coming. I know dark games are supposed to be scary but they're impossible to play in the daytime.

xIAmAZombiex
04-20-2012, 01:42 AM
Holy crap I know what you mean. It was around 2am and I had only been playing for about 10 to 15min when I figured I wanted to get to sleep tonight. I remembered there was a save point in the apartment lobby so I soldiered on. When I got there I freaked because I could not see it for the life of me. I was so upset that I would have to trek through that building to try and find one.

I know horror games are supposed to be dark but when you straight up can not see a thing it gets a little lame.

Deuces Are W1ld
04-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Its Atmosphere and i don't like it either. the only solution is to turn your televisions brightness up but the the picture looks all bad

Creazil
05-06-2012, 01:36 PM
By the way you get the flashlight in woodside apartments 2nd floor room 205

zhoban
06-29-2012, 11:58 PM
So I did buy this game today - I played Silent Hill 2 first, but I fount when I got into Wood Side Apartment I could not see a thing, it's pitch black and hard to direct, I know I'll obtain the flashlight soon enough but I can't even find my way to the room it's so dark.

I have brightness turned up to 7 but I can't get it any higher? Any advice? Or is getting the flashlight my only real option?
In the Silent Hill HD Collection your only real option is getting the flashlight. This game is much darker than the original Silent Hill 2 back on the PS2. However, I would recommend gluing your controller to your hand during the Born from a Wish sub-scenario so you don't throw it for how dark it is.

Darkrain
12-30-2012, 03:22 PM
SH3 is a little bit darker than SH2, even on PS2. Just turn the brightness to 7.