PDA

View Full Version : The Owl

Kranitoko
04-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Um.... yeah. How do i do it?

Its the "secret" where the Owl's head spins wherever you go.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Um.... yeah. How do i do it?

Its the "secret" where the Owl's head spins wherever you go.

I'm wondering about this, as well. Spent a good 20 minutes just on that spot, trying everything I could think of, and got nothing.

Scottcool
04-13-2012, 08:08 PM
I don't know either, i have met 2 owls on my travels that you can talk to, after meeting the first 1 i backtracked to the owl statue and after a moment it flew in and landed on the statue. i couldn't talk to it nor solve the puzzle so carried on and a while later saw another, i haven't been back again so i don't know if there will b 2 there now. they say strange riddles when you talk to them, the last one said "all for many, many for all" or something similar

dj_racey_jc
04-13-2012, 08:37 PM
kept pressing things and got it hold X when one of them faces you and rotate the world to align it with another "owl" then do the same for the others till all are facing the same direction.

Space Cadet
04-13-2012, 08:43 PM
kept pressing things and got it hold X when one of them faces you and rotate the world to align it with another "owl" then do the same for the others till all are facing the same direction.
I think you're talking about a different puzzle mate. If I remember correctly that one has skulls, not owls and is pretty easy.

Bullitt Bill
04-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Are you on about the owl in the tombstone bit? If so, I just got lucky in figuring it out. You have to stand in front of the door you entered the area from, rotate twice so the owl is facing his back then push up and it should take you into the next area.

DoomKvlt
04-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Are you on about the owl in the tombstone bit? If so, I just got lucky in figuring it out. You have to stand in front of the door you entered the area from, rotate twice so the owl is facing his back then push up and it should take you into the next area.

That is how you get to the next area, but that isn't the secret. I haven't discovered the secret yet, so no help there.

Bullitt Bill
04-13-2012, 09:28 PM
That is how you get to the next area, but that isn't the secret. I haven't discovered the secret yet, so no help there.

Right you are! I just checked my map and that pesky ? is still there. Curses.

Scottcool
04-13-2012, 09:33 PM
I have returned to the first small owl statue again and the second owl i met flew and landed next to the other. still unable to solve the puzzle but it would appear you just have to keep an eye out for and talk to all the owls on the way, they look like miniature versions of the statue

EDIT: just met a third owl, he was on a level with a windmill a few rooms after going through the top of the light house level, i'm pretty sure it is there all the time as my friend said he met one in a room with a windmill

Super Harold
04-13-2012, 11:01 PM
EDIT: just met a third owl, he was on a level with a windmill a few rooms after going through the top of the light house level

I also found an owl on the tree at the top of the windmill level. It appeared at night. When I spoke to it, it said some stuff about tetrahedrons and the likes, then flew away. It didn't return the following night.

More interesting, is that prior to speaking with the owl, that particular level was marked as incomplete on the map, but now it has the golden sheen of win.

Mvit
04-14-2012, 01:59 AM
You can get the owl locations by looking at Geezers walls in the villages ;)

Bullitt Bill
04-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Right, I've got the owl secret done now. It's actually not as complicated as I thought it would be.

There are four owls. I found the ones already mentioned here but the last one I found was just after the Observatory, outside the Planetarium.

AboveHunter
04-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Ok can someone make an entire post on the owl locations cause im just getting confused or better yet make a video?

Space Cadet
04-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Ok can someone make an entire post on the owl locations cause im just getting confused or better yet make a video?
I second that. I only found 4 of them and have no idea where to look for the last one.

Dannyboy1186
04-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I second that. I only found 4 of them and have no idea where to look for the last one.

You only need 4 owls. Now you should go to that owl statue in the graveyard area and wait a few seconds the owl shouls arrive and open the door for you.

Ive found all 4 but I cant remember where I found 1 of them, I have,

The forest one (Wooden hut links to creepy place)
The windmill area
Around the Observitory area (Not necessarily the actural area)

Anyone else know?

ShadowDante58
04-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Theres one at the windmill area.
Another at the crying waterfall.
One in the area with the bouncy mushrooms.
And the last one is in the area that branches off from the telescope area with the giant statue and the time switches puzzle.

Scottish Sin
04-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I'm at the part in the cemetery with the giant owl statue that follows you and I can't figure out that secret either.

Scottcool
04-14-2012, 07:15 PM
to enter the door, you must enter while the owl is looking the opposite way while you are hidden round the back, otherwise for the secret read the other posts