PDA

View Full Version : It's Freeze, not Fez

Tenreth
04-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah, that should be the name of the game. Way to much lags and freezing the console or if i'm lucky, it just crashes, while switching the area...

StolenPaper18
04-13-2012, 06:53 PM
My game froze at the very beginning when the screen was doing that weird thing like it was breaking up...I actually kind of laughed because it seemed like my game was supposed to freeze or something.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-13-2012, 06:55 PM
That sucks that it's freezing up. I haven't had any problems with the game as of yet. Been playin for about an hour or so.

ChickinOnaChain
04-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah, that should be the name of the game. Way to much lags and freezing the console or if i'm lucky, it just crashes, while switching the area...
I know this isn't funny to you but this cracked me up! Sorry!

Natz
04-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Nope been playing since I woke up today never had it freeze on me exept for the parts where it looks like it is crashing but is not :P

hey least you bought this game I got skullgirls they rushed it out so its missing most content no online yet, moves list and the difficultys are messed up (cant play sleepwalk for my life but can on the next level easy) thats unplayable right now for me.

p.s. if its happening alot try another game might be your xbox!

swamptastic
04-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Agree. This game has frozen on me four times and I'm not through the first area. A five year wait brings high expectations, and nothing lives up to hype like that. But I kind of thought not crashing every three seconds was a foregone conclusion rather than a case of setting the bar too high lol.

Tenreth
04-13-2012, 10:18 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/4vnsxs.jpg

is this shit really necessary?! by the way... it switches patterns every 0.5s or so. turning direction nearly crashes the console. and I was thinking the thunderstorm was bad...

sepulturas666
04-13-2012, 10:49 PM
is this shit really necessary?! by the way... it switches patterns every 0.5s or so. turning direction nearly crashes the console. and I was thinking the thunderstorm was bad...

This happen to me not once, but two times. Console crashed after this screen and i was kicked to the dashboard @_@.
Also does anyone has some problems with leaderboards? Today i was connected to XBL for few hours, but the game keep saying ''To access the leaderboard please connect the console to XBL'' wtf? I'm a Gold member btw.

Great game, but quite broken atm. :(

Hagane
04-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Played for around three hours this morning before I went to class, no problems whatsoever.

:o

But I can see the instances where freezing can occur... (like the sequence after you obtain Gomez's fez)

brewmiester8
04-14-2012, 02:54 AM
sorry to see that fez is crashing on you but i dont want you to discourage anyone from picking this up. played for several hours and not a single problem for me not even a micro lag. This game is amazing and even more so if your a gamer whos been around for long enough to appreciate the nostalgia of it all.

Tenreth
04-14-2012, 03:00 AM
I guess you're lucky then. Had several freezes, even more dashboard-crashes and constant lag while playing some maps and sooner or later while switching maps.

FROMtheASHES984
04-14-2012, 04:05 AM
During my initial playthrough, I didn't have many problems other that a little load lag as I went into doors. However, whenever I go to continue game, it loads me at the lighthouse, and then the screen goes black after about 2 seconds or if I try to move and kicks me to the dashboard. More than a bit frustrating.

Edit: Polytron's twitter recently posted an email to submit bugs and such if you find them: support@fezgame.com

brewmiester8
04-14-2012, 05:47 AM
wow thats crappy im going to be real mad if i get 20 hours in and it pulls that shit

omniscient182
04-14-2012, 07:14 AM
My game only froze once. There's been a lot of slowdown though.

Stevey Boy2006
04-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Mine froze at the beginning whem you get the Fez.
And it slows down a lot when switching areas, but when Im playing it seems ok so far :/

sepulturas666
04-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Nice to hear at least most of you guys do not have big problems with the game. Today crashed for me 3 more times (once was when i tried to open world map) and i seriously think about waiting for title update. Game stutters like shit as well. :(

I have over 130 XBLA titles and this seems to be the buggiest thing so far.

btw Still cannot open leaderboards. -_-

ll X ll
04-14-2012, 12:10 PM
It's weird that IGN didn't address any problem and Gamespot addressed the freezing issues and glitches. However for me, nothing so far but maybe in the future. : /

Rusty Knight 07
04-15-2012, 09:55 AM
The only signs of freezing I've seen are the freezes and crashes programmed into the game - like at the beginning when it appears to restart and after continuing the game you get the message "Something went wrong"!

mas4mune
04-15-2012, 10:10 AM
it autosaves with every cube collected and every single time you enter a door. an occasional freeze is not the end of the world. this game more than makes up for the semi-frequent input lag and slow down, and the odd crash.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Just throwing it out there, but are the people who experience lag and crashes on the original Xbox design? And what's the hard drive size?
I've been playing the game on my Slim with a 256GB hard drive, and I don't get anything beyond a bit of frame lag after several hours straight of play. And once in a blue moon it'll take more than a few minutes to load a door. Not a single crash beyond the ones programmed into the game.

mas4mune
04-15-2012, 11:22 AM
i had a loading screen that wouldn't end on my slim. besides the regular slow down that's it. quit to dashboard and restart. easy.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 11:23 AM
i had a loading screen that wouldn't end on my slim. besides the regular slow down that's it. quit to dashboard and restart. easy.

How long did you wait?
I once waited ten minutes and then it worked, so wasn't a real crash.
There was also another long one, but I opened the 360 menu and closed it and it clicked.

mas4mune
04-15-2012, 11:33 AM
How long did you wait?
I once waited ten minutes and then it worked, so wasn't a real crash.
There was also another long one, but I opened the 360 menu and closed it and it clicked.
10 minutes? haha. you're a lot more patient than i am. i waited about 5. the game autosaves all the time so i wasn't worried.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 11:35 AM
10 minutes? haha. you're a lot more patient than i am. i waited about 5. the game autosaves all the time so i wasn't worried.

I wasn't trying to get anywhere in a hurry. There were three puzzles left to solve: the black monolith, the slab room which I didn't even know how to solve, and the clock tower room. I didn't have anywhere to be so it didn't bother me to wait.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Ok, just experienced my first crash after entering the room behind the waterfall directly (In which you have to open the waterfall first) it took me out to the dashboard and then when i entered the game again, the whole console froze.

Good news is that they are working on a patch!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/14/fez-devs-aware-of-nasty-bugs-working-with-microsoft-to-resolv/

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Ok, just experienced my first crash after entering the room behind the waterfall directly (In which you have to open the waterfall first) it took me out to the dashboard and then when i entered the game again, the whole console froze.

Good news is that they are working on a patch!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/14/fez-devs-aware-of-nasty-bugs-working-with-microsoft-to-resolv/

Seems my suspicions were perfect. People with older systems and smaller hard drives are apparently the victims here, just like I suspected.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Seems my suspicions were perfect. People with older systems and smaller hard drives are apparently the victims here, just like I suspected.

Hmm i do have a big hard drive but it's filled up (only 10GB left) however, my 360 is the slim version so, i don't know.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 12:19 PM
Hmm i do have a big hard drive but it's filled up (only 10GB left) however, my 360 is the slim version so, i don't know.

How long was your game session? My problems usually occur two to four hours in.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 12:22 PM
How long was your game session? My problems usually occur two to four hours in.

More than 4 hours that's for sure. Been playing yesterday (collecting everything before going to the 10 block cubed doors) & today with breaks and everything.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 12:26 PM
More than 4 hours that's for sure. Been playing yesterday (collecting everything before going to the 10 block cubed doors) & today with breaks and everything.

I haven't had any serious issues, but the game gets noticeably choppy after a few hours straight. I did the game almost entirely in two long sessions, everything else was just repeated trial and error for the clock tower anti-cubes.

Diachron
04-15-2012, 01:13 PM
I think the game definitely has memory leaks. Now as soon as the world-transition animations start to get jerky or stutter, I dashboard and re-start, and that seems to get things back to normal.

(but even "normal" is not commercial-grade optimized. but given the indie roots i'll forgive the jankiness until it gets game-breaking)

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Seriously, everyone, calm down.
http://polytroncorporation.com/fez-issues

A BENGAL HOBO
04-15-2012, 01:30 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/4vnsxs.jpg

god i hated that level,i was getting sick

Diachron
04-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Seriously, everyone, calm down.
http://polytroncorporation.com/fez-issues

I don't think anyone on this thread is freaking out, but it's perfectly legitimate to air performance issues in service for those who've had them, and for those who've yet to get the game.

Some of my friends run the game sans any issue. Some of my friends have to frequently re-start. I seem to fall somewhere in the middle. If you don't have any issues, then that's great. But don't tell those who've had them to "calm down"-- just ignore the thread, instead.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't think anyone on this thread is freaking out, but it's perfectly legitimate to air performance issues in service for those who've had them, and for those who've yet to get the game.

Some of my friends run the game sans any issue. Some of my friends have to frequently re-start. I seem to fall somewhere in the middle. If you don't have any issues, then that's great. But don't tell those who've had them to "calm down"-- just ignore the thread, instead.

I didn't intend to offend. I wasn't trying to sound bitter or anything. It was supposed to be more of a neutral comment. I'll edit it if it seems more negative than I meant for it to be interpreted.

Diachron
04-15-2012, 02:16 PM
I didn't intend to offend. I wasn't trying to sound bitter or anything. It was supposed to be more of a neutral comment. I'll edit it if it seems more negative than I meant for it to be interpreted.

No offense taken. We all want the game to do well!

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 02:28 PM
No offense taken. We all want the game to do well!

If only we could solve the secrets of the black monolith...

sepulturas666
04-15-2012, 05:40 PM

My 360 is from fat models (last revision) + 120Gb hdd.

Beat the game, thankfully today i had no crashes. It's one of my favourite XBLA titles for sure. Would wait for this title update and start new game+. ;)

Diachron
04-15-2012, 07:12 PM
If only we could solve the secrets of the black monolith...

I'm several secrets behind the monolith! I think I just need to plunge through the various NG+ skills and catch up. It's certainly true that consulting the map often is the key to success, and that was a habit I didn't cultivate early, so I'm now mopping up all my half-finished worlds.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm several secrets behind the monolith! I think I just need to plunge through the various NG+ skills and catch up. It's certainly true that consulting the map often is the key to success, and that was a habit I didn't cultivate early, so I'm now mopping up all my half-finished worlds.

I was so OCD about the map... and I kept raging every time I went through a door and it would never be a dead end, and my map kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger before I could explore any of it.