PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Hicupping?

Stop25
08-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi guys i was wondering about my copy of bioshock, it randomly hicups when i play it, it started after i came home from my uncles house (i played it on his 360 just fine) when i got home and started playing it on my 360 it hicupps all the time, the copy i play at home and at my uncles house is the same, and when i play Bioshsock with out the harddrive there is no hicup, could the problem be my save?, i did one full play through at my uncles house with out any problem, should i erase my save and start over or do you guys have any other fixes?

sorry for the long and thanks for investing the time into my thread

Mr Arrow
08-24-2007, 10:19 PM
My demo copy had some of these issues but so far I have only had this happed once on the retail copy.

Tried clearing your cache??

D0cman88
08-24-2007, 10:45 PM
I had the same problem with my game. It was after I had hypnotized a big daddy and he was following me around. But when I left that room and left him in it my game kept jumping around. I reloaded and went and killed the Big Daddy and it was fine after that.

Stop25
08-24-2007, 11:53 PM
yeah i cleared the cache and that helped a bit, i think after i finsh with the "Savior" achievement im gona start a new game and see if that works

Zef
08-25-2007, 11:42 AM
I seem to get random things like this, but they got more frequent as I accumulated more save slots. Because you get a new autosave every time you enter a new area they soon add up, maybe you could delete any old save files you aren't using and see if that helps too.

thecrazyguy
08-25-2007, 03:40 PM
I've been having this same problem, the framerates even been dropping on me when fighting a big daddy once in a while.

And i'm acctually having another problem, I thought maybe I should post it in here rather than make a new thread.

I'm having something happen to me during the game that I can only describe as texture pop in. What's happening is when I first load my game and the game starts up, at first everything in the enviroment has no texture. Everything's just blank and smooth, like a white color. Then slowly the textures for everything start popping in or loading up and it's normal.

Then when i'm playing the game i'm getting this same problem all the time. When I walk up to a trash can for instance, it has no texture, and then after a couple seconds, the texture pops up and it looks normal. This happens on bodies, vending machines, pieces of ruble, doors you name it.

Has this been happening to anyone else? Or does anyone know what could be causing this?? It's really irritating, and I dont know if it's my copy of the game, my system, or just a game glitch. If anyone has any ideas about this, or what I could do to get it to stop, I'd really really appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance.

Yoshi6107
08-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Same problem here... hopefully they'll patch it up in the near future. It only seems to happen to me after I've been playing for about 2 hours though, before that point it runs perfectly.

jacob456
08-25-2007, 06:14 PM
A couple of times during the real game and the demo version my character would just instantly turn around 180 degrees and sometimes look up, but that was about it.

www.myspace.com/whalter
08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
sometimes when I respawn in the vita machine things my weapon just keeps firing until i run out of ammo or I change weapons, anyone else had that?

thecrazyguy
08-25-2007, 06:59 PM
sometimes when I respawn in the vita machine things my weapon just keeps firing until i run out of ammo or I change weapons, anyone else had that?

Ya. On occation, when I leave a vending machine, my gun will fire off one or two shots without me doing anything. Dont know what's causing that.

Yoshi6107
08-25-2007, 07:03 PM

Yeah I've had this problem too.

Sleezy M F E
08-26-2007, 07:37 AM
I am having issues like this as well.

How do I clear my cache? I'll try anything to make this run correctly, it's an awesome game. . .

XxCRAZYSNIP3RxX
08-26-2007, 08:22 PM
wait you can clear your cache to fix it?

DeW222
08-27-2007, 12:52 AM
This just began happening to me while on my third play through of the game. I've sent an e-mail to 2K about it, but I'm definitely guessing it's related to some kind of cache problem, maybe a memory leak. Quite possible to patch it, just depends on how long it takes for 2K to catch it and implement it.

BLOMBOMB
08-27-2007, 01:06 AM
I've been having this same problem, the framerates even been dropping on me when fighting a big daddy once in a while.

And i'm acctually having another problem, I thought maybe I should post it in here rather than make a new thread.

I'm having something happen to me during the game that I can only describe as texture pop in. What's happening is when I first load my game and the game starts up, at first everything in the enviroment has no texture. Everything's just blank and smooth, like a white color. Then slowly the textures for everything start popping in or loading up and it's normal.

Then when i'm playing the game i'm getting this same problem all the time. When I walk up to a trash can for instance, it has no texture, and then after a couple seconds, the texture pops up and it looks normal. This happens on bodies, vending machines, pieces of ruble, doors you name it.

Has this been happening to anyone else? Or does anyone know what could be causing this?? It's really irritating, and I dont know if it's my copy of the game, my system, or just a game glitch. If anyone has any ideas about this, or what I could do to get it to stop, I'd really really appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance.

This sums up my experiences as well... to a "T".

-B

Crimson Drifter
09-12-2007, 07:17 PM
I have yet to experience any hiccups or frame rate problems, everythings been runnin' smooth. I'm guessing I'm halfway through. I hope I don't run into any lagtime :(

codedigital
09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Look at the freezing thread and you'll find the resolution to the "freezing" or "hiccuping" as you call it. Just hold LB and RB as the game loads. Hold them all the way to the title screen. Works like a charm.

countrygrvy
09-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Mine is having the same troubles and i cant seem to fix it either

codedigital
09-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Mine is having the same troubles and i cant seem to fix it either

Well...did you read my post? And did you do exactly what they said?

hopesfall2win
10-12-2007, 10:25 PM
bringing up old topic, but i just had this happen to me today, and it just started doing it on Olympus Heights, never had 'lag' before this stage. I deleted most of the extra saves I created, so i got like 2 per level. No other game does this so its not the 360, hopefully it was just that level.
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://medicalmarijuana.us/)