PDA

View Full Version : Missed Oportunity/Idea - Ice

DeW222
08-24-2007, 10:21 PM
I just thought of something that would have been really cool for Bioshock to have had in it that 2K missed out on. As I'm sure you know, enemies can be killed if you shock water that they're standing in. But one thing I just thought of is that you can't freeze water with Winter Blast. I thought it would have been pretty cool if you freeze a pool of water and freeze multiple enemies in it. Not only that, but you could free a pool of water and walk across the surface.

Anyways, I thought of that just now and had to share it. The game has so many open ended things one can do, setting a puddle of gasoline on fire to light multiple enemies on fire, electrocuting a pool, setting up elaborate traps with mines/trip wires/tornado traps, freezing electrical object to make hacking them easier, etc. It just struck me as odd that water couldn't be frozen.

III Curtis III
08-24-2007, 10:32 PM
to be honest i didnt really think about that i was just to busy completeing the game lol but yeah thats a good idea

DeW222
08-24-2007, 10:35 PM
to be honest i didnt really think about that i was just to busy completeing the game lol but yeah thats a good idea

Same here! I'm going through on my second play through here and I Just shocked a guy in the water and then switched to Winter Blast and had the idea "wait a sec... this can't freeze water can it?" Would have added a nice new trick to your bag if it did.

Marcus117
08-25-2007, 02:08 AM
I wanted to use Winter Blast and Incinerate together in order to melt enemies... I thought that would've been a nice, gory option.

- Marcus

DoM cAbAn
08-25-2007, 02:35 AM
I had thought to myself, why can't I freeze water? I think that would have been pretty cool, except there wouldn't really be a point to it unless you would be able to freeze enemies while they're in the water. However, I didn't think of freezing the water while your enemies are in it; I think that would have been pretty cool.

Zef
08-25-2007, 11:35 AM
It would have been a pretty handy trick during the Proving Grounds level when you are constantly attacked by Splicers, just freeze the water they are standing in and their feet are stuck in the ice. Then you can stroll over and wallop them in the face.

I was under the impression you could freeze water, when I finally got Winter Blast 3 I decided to see what it could do and happened upon a splicer walking through a puddle. Blasted the puddle and nothing happened, I got closer because it could have been that I was too far away but still nothing =(

I agree that it could have been a great addition, not as an offensive move but as a strategic one. Perhaps there could be a situation where you are being chased, you run through a door with a water pipe running above it, shoot the pipe to start a leak and then freeze the water to block the door temporarily slowing down the chaser. Or as you said, freezing the surface of some water to get across, then melting it to stop the chaser.

The Bad Sniper2
08-26-2007, 10:51 PM
I completely agree with you. I also wish that you could use the ice on fires to put them out.

tarheeltay
08-27-2007, 07:36 AM
I thought ice did put out fires...

Hmmm, guess i should have bought it my second time through.

:drunk