PDA

View Full Version : One Dot Totems Actual Question?

seven43861
04-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Someone else posted a thread with this title but not the question, so what do they do, or how do I access them because most of the secrets that I have left are related to them.

mas4mune
04-14-2012, 06:19 PM
there's a room which explains everything. you've probably been in it. there's a room where tetrominoes are displayed on a dot matrix stone. go back there and you'll soon work it out. although, to get all the secrets you need to finish the game and play NG+. without an ability you unlock you cannot see everything you need.

seven43861
04-14-2012, 06:21 PM
You are a gentleman and scholar, thank you kindly. Can you give me a general location as to where this room is, I mean is it in the sewer area, or cementary, or the forest.

mas4mune
04-14-2012, 06:32 PM
no problem. i actually went in here and missed the whole point the first time around. <.< it's accessible via an offshoot from the exterior of the observatory. if you haven't gotten there yet, you go through the forest (the nice one, not the dead one.)

seven43861
04-14-2012, 07:21 PM
Okay so I'm at the observatory, and I went to the path accessed through the outside door, is the writing around this level or is it inside the library, still kind of confused.

mas4mune
04-14-2012, 08:18 PM
there are three paths from the observatory exterior, one goes to the warp, one goes inside the observatory to the telescope, and the last path goes to an area where you can access the planetarium. if you're in the library, i think you went via the clock and not the observatory. hope this crude ASCII map helps:

****[where you want to be]
************|
***********[SR]--[PT]--[...]
************|
***********[OB]--[TS]
****[WZ]____|
************|____[CL]--[...]
************|_[...]
************|_[...]
WZ=warp zone
CL=clock
OB=observatory
TS=telescope
SR=skull room
PT=planetarium
...=misc. unrelated rooms

wizpig64
04-14-2012, 08:44 PM
there's a room which explains everything. you've probably been in it. there's a room where tetrominoes are displayed on a dot matrix stone. go back there and you'll soon work it out. although, to get all the secrets you need to finish the game and play NG+. without an ability you unlock you cannot see everything you need.

What do I need to see that I'm missing? I'm in this room in NG+. I've tried hitting the buttons corresponding to the stacked up tetrominoes in both up and down orders, nothing happens :|

EDIT: nevermind, apparently you have to rotate stuff..

seven43861
04-14-2012, 09:34 PM
there are three paths from the observatory exterior, one goes to the warp, one goes inside the observatory to the telescope, and the last path goes to an area where you can access the planetarium. if you're in the library, i think you went via the clock and not the observatory. hope this crude ASCII map helps:

****[where you want to be]
************|
***********[SR]--[PT]--[...]
************|
***********[OB]--[TS]
****[WZ]____|
************|____[CL]--[...]
************|_[...]
************|_[...]
WZ=warp zone
CL=clock
OB=observatory
TS=telescope
SR=skull room
PT=planetarium
...=misc. unrelated rooms

Thank you again, this helped quite a bit.

Funkmysoul
04-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Has anyone solved it?

Mr Inferno v2
04-15-2012, 10:34 AM
You have to be in NG+ to solve the one dot totem poles, you need to go near them and go into first person mode (clicking in the LS) and on the ground will be one of the tetris codes which is not visible in the normal view, enter the code correctly and you get an anti-cube

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 11:16 AM
I was raging over these things for hours. The solutions are in the same rooms as the totems, but not necessarily next to them. The codes can be very closeby on other platforms, but you should be able to spot them if you stand on top of the totem and look down.
This is your code-cracker: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/811/paintb.jpg/
If it doesn't work, you may have read the code upside-down.

Funkmysoul
04-15-2012, 11:24 AM
pics:
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120415/iz2lwvo3.jpg
http://s1.directupload.net/images/120415/pswpc3ll.jpg
http://s14.directupload.net/images/120415/gx5gutem.jpg
http://s14.directupload.net/images/120415/6tubgvvx.jpg

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 11:28 AM
You've got it. Read the code vertically and use the cipher I linked you to. Stand in front of the totems and do the sequence they ask. If you do it right an anti-cube will appear above the totem.

Funkmysoul
04-15-2012, 11:30 AM
ok,thanks!

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 11:32 AM
ok,thanks!

No problem.

Funkmysoul
04-15-2012, 12:10 PM
hmm,my translation does not work:(
can someone translate it 4 me,please?

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 12:14 PM
hmm,my translation does not work:(
can someone translate it 4 me,please?

Did you try reading them upside-down?
The codes can technically be read two ways, because if you rotate 180 degrees you get a different sequence. Make sure to try each.
I believe the correct ones were read with the top block being the one farthest from the totem, and read down after that.
If you've tried both ways, make sure you're standing in the right place. Standing on top of the code itself won't solve it; you need to remember the pattern and do it in front of the totem.
If none of that works, screenshot a code and tell us what you translated it as and we'll see if that's the problem.

Funkmysoul
04-15-2012, 01:00 PM
nr.1
:dleft::dleft::ddown::ddown::dleft::dleft::dup::du p:
does not work:(

nr. 2

:ltbut::rtbut::rtbut::dup::ddown::ltbut::rtbut::ab ut:

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 01:06 PM
nr.1
:dleft::dleft::ddown::ddown::dleft::dleft::dup::du p:

nr. 2

:ltbut::rtbut::rtbut::dup::ddown::ltbut::rtbut::ab ut:

Pay close attention to the shapes and squares.
For the right one, it's left left, down down, RIGHT RIGHT, up up.
For the second, it starts off LT - JUMP - RT. The next shape is a square.
Try those

Funkmysoul
04-15-2012, 01:42 PM
damn,got it
Fenrakk101 thanks 4 help!

1.left left, down down, right right, up up
2.lt a rt up down lt rt a

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 01:45 PM
damn,got it
Fenrakk101 thanks 4 help!

1.left left, down down, right right, up up