PDA

View Full Version : Flight rumors?

wizpig64
04-15-2012, 06:47 AM
[Spoilers, duh]

I've seen a few posts with people saying that you can make Gomez fly eventually. I've done everything except get past the monolith and (except for one exceptionally large leap at the end of NG+) I haven't seen anything like this mentioned.

zingrook
04-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Press UP four times, then hold A. Voila

wizpig64
04-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Cool! You would think this room would have a ceiling though...

EDIT: just fell for like 5 minutes in the monolith chamber....

mas4mune
04-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Cool! You would think this room would have a ceiling though...

EDIT: just fell for like 5 minutes in the monolith chamber....
i tried a whole bunch and none of them seem to. they also seem to go forever sideways, too. not fun travelling back.

wizpig64
04-15-2012, 07:39 AM
As long as you only move in one dimension you can just turn the camera and be right back at the center. Did this at the lighthouse when I figured out you can swim.

DEADSUN PRIME
04-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Press UP four times, then hold A. Voila
fricking awesome man works like a dream.

oldhouse
04-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Is there a reason for this code? I mean do you get it somewhere in the game?
I have just finished first playthrough but I didn't find all warp gates (just 4), nor the skull artifact, but I can remember 2 or 3 rooms where I would have needed fly ability (lighthouse top, and one with a chest with very huge leap to reach it).

mas4mune
04-16-2012, 10:35 AM
I have just finished first playthrough but I didn't find all warp gates (just 4), nor the skull artifact, but I can remember 2 or 3 rooms where I would have needed fly ability (lighthouse top, and one with a chest with very huge leap to reach it).
you are not told about it, no. you do not need it for any of the puzzles, the two points you listed, nor should you use it for them. it's cheating, really, and where's the fun in that? i don't understand why it's unlocked before you get the 64 cubes. possibly an oversight.

Fletch
04-17-2012, 12:59 AM
for some reason I can't get this to work. I press up 4 times then hold down A. Is there something else I am missing?

Aksh0le
04-17-2012, 01:03 AM
for some reason I can't get this to work. I press up 4 times then hold down A. Is there something else I am missing?

You have to get to the kill screen and start a new game+ before it will work.

Fletch
04-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Ok thanks!

Hexahedronaut
04-17-2012, 08:43 AM
Just don't do what i did and fly high up and land on top of one of the really high pillars. couldn't get down lol

mas4mune
04-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Just don't do what i did and fly high up and land on top of one of the really high pillars. couldn't get down lol
haha. i did the same. also flying outside of rooms and standing on the roof. difficult to get back, but not impossible. it seems sometimes when you fly up you can fall long distances and not die, but other times you die almost instantly. granted, you can usually come back from 'Falling Gomez Syndome' by flying around some more. it's pretty inconsistent.

ll X ll
04-17-2012, 12:16 PM

I finished the game in one go and got 200/200. You don't need any of the stuff that comes with new game+ but damn do they help make most if not all the puzzles easier, lol.

If you take the time with the game, not rush and want to gold plate every place before going to new places then chances are you too will 200/200 this game in one go on the first try like me.