PDA

View Full Version : Retro Portables

Krohboy
08-24-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm thinking of making an N64 Portable after reading this book (http://benheck.com/hacking-videogame-consoles/). Well fist a SNESp but then a N64p. Anyone else here ever done somthing like this?

BTW - Probably wrong forum, I'm new here and you will be seeing me more often.

SRH KRONIC
08-24-2007, 11:32 PM
Thats a good idea if you have the right tools to do it, do you mean putting SNES parts in, lets say a gameboy case? if so it'd be relatively easy, you'd also have to scale the games down a bit (which also wouldn't be too hard). Need help or anything with it message me. Me and my bro have messed around with the NES and SNES a bit so I could input some knowledge into it.

Krohboy
08-24-2007, 11:44 PM
No you make your own cases and such here is an example-
http://www.benheck.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11163&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

SRH KRONIC
08-25-2007, 12:15 AM
ahhh, very nice, seems easy enough, just gotta get the case... I wouldn't mind making one myself :0

Krohboy
08-25-2007, 12:20 AM
I recommend reading his book, it has step by step and part lists for NES, SNES, Atari, and PS1 portable. thats why I'm doing a SNES first to get the hang of it. I"m going have to build a Vacuum-forming machine though. They usually run off DVD player batterys and PS1 Screens.

Wow lots of acronyms. Also the guy that wrote it is the guy that made the Xbox 360 Laptop.

Clipse 2
08-25-2007, 12:29 AM
I haven't done it but I've always wanted to try. If you search around on his website you'll find that he took a 360 and made a "laptop" out of it complete with wireless controllers, wireless internet adaptor, usb ports, and all. He's just really good an engineering this stuff and it is far beyond me.

Krohboy
08-25-2007, 12:45 AM
People say the portable of PS1 or earlier are not that hard actually. Plus the site is a helping community, something not working? Post on the forums and they'll help you fix it.

oneshotbilly
08-25-2007, 01:19 AM
man, something like that would be awesome to have - when my snes smashed apart i realised how small the components actually were - wouldn't dare have a go myself tho, wouldn't know where to start lol. My half destroyed (but still working!) snes is pretty cool as it is :)