PDA

View Full Version : A thread about chests and secrets!

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 02:29 PM
So i am creating this thread because i am seeing people asking many various stuff about certain part of the game as single threads.

I myself wanted to ask but i said to myself why not make an official thread for asking various stuff in the game so we could rope up people all into one place so we could help each other faster.

What i wanted to know is the room where you could rotate the ladders by yourself. There is a chest in that area but i can't seem to know where the hell it is!

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 02:29 PM
So i am creating this thread because i am seeing people asking many various stuff about certain part of the game as single threads.

I myself wanted to ask but i said to myself why not make an official thread for asking various stuff in the game so we could rope up people all into one place so we could help each other faster.

What i wanted to know is the room where you could rotate the ladders by yourself. There is a chest in that area but i can't seem to know where the hell it is!

Get to the top, look up.

Scottcool
04-15-2012, 02:35 PM
this chest is easy to get if you have collected something else, there are 3 rooms like this so just have patience an you will figure it out

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Get to the top, look up.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/Raven6t9/oh_snap.gif

Now the question is how do we reach the chest, lol.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 02:43 PM
I gotta thank Sean over at this site (http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/62374/what-are-the-secrets-on-the-owl-stage) for posting this very helpful post.

The Four Owls

1) In the waterfall level near the pillar (green tree, first warp zone)

http://i.stack.imgur.com/ugrbx.png

2) In the windmill level near the windmill (orange tree, air zone)

http://i.stack.imgur.com/QcP8m.png

3) In the forest near the transforming cabin (green tree, outside rainy zone),

http://i.stack.imgur.com/djuPn.png

4) outside the octopus-looking building containing the revolving model of the solar system and the counting cube (pink tree, temple/science zone)

http://i.stack.imgur.com/vlOyh.png

(These locations are shown on the walls of the fez-wearing elder's house [across the bridge] in Gomez's home town.)

After speaking with each owl, they will fly back to the owl stage in the rainy zone. When all four arrive, a panel reveals a door behind the owl statue.

For those that are wanting to know about that owl room puzzle.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 02:44 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y295/Raven6t9/oh_snap.gif

Now the question is how do we reach the chest, lol.

Did you collect all the treasure maps?

Scottcool
04-15-2012, 02:44 PM
if you want someone to just tell you then that aint me, if you read what i put earlier then it is very simple to get with another item and 4 brain cells

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 02:47 PM
if you want someone to just tell you then that aint me, if you read what i put earlier then it is very simple to get with another item and 4 brain cells

Nah nah, i still didn't even enter the second door with the 8 cubes LOL and that is because i want to complete everything before moving forward. As long as i know where it is now then i'll be able to get it eventually.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Did you collect all the treasure maps?

I have only 5 treasure maps so far.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 02:49 PM
I have only 5 treasure maps so far.

Check them, if you don't see an answer then you haven't found it yet. I'm subtly making this incredibly obvious...

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Check them, if you don't see an answer then you haven't found it yet. I'm subtly making this incredibly obvious...

Mind=blown. I think i see it now. i will try it now.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 02:54 PM
Mind=blown. I think i see it now. i will try it now.

Tell us how it goes.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Worked out greatly. Now i can read maps way easier then i could have before, lol. I have now 16 yellow cubs, 1 artifact and 11 anti cubes!

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Worked out greatly. Now i can read maps way easier then i could have before, lol. I have now 16 yellow cubs, 1 artifact and 11 anti cubes!

I have all cubes and artifacts and anticubes! but that's nothing special anyway...

IF ONLY I COULD SOLVE THIS GOD-FORSAKEN MONOLITH

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm guessing this puzzle will take weeks hopefully not months :P

Harvey Domino
04-15-2012, 03:24 PM
What's the secret in the node off the main path of the bell node. You come out of a tree and it looks like a temple or something but its full of water. No clue what to do.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 03:37 PM
What's the secret in the node off the main path of the bell node. You come out of a tree and it looks like a temple or something but its full of water. No clue what to do.

You need to go to the crying waterfall door and from there you can input codes and unlock doors (Use this thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=366122)) . One of the doors will lead you to a lever that will let you lower the water.

Once you do that you can go back to that tree in the middle of the water area and you will see that you will be able to go down now that the water went low. There will be a door that needs 64 cubes (i think) something like that.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Hmm, i am in an empty room. The room is a purple door that is under the wrap gate that doesn't work. So, what's the mystery of this room that is literally empty yet fascinating.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Hmm, i am in an empty room. The room is a purple door that is under the wrap gate that doesn't work. So, what's the mystery of this room that is literally empty yet fascinating.

??????
I have no idea where you are.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Perhaps this will help much better then my description.

http://i42.tinypic.com/mvnbyf.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the quality, zoomed it in to the maximum lol.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Oh goodie, join the black monolith club.
Use your burnt treasure map, if you don't have it you're not ready.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Oh goodie, join the black monolith club.
Use your burnt treasure map, if you don't have it you're not ready.

LOL. I do have it, which is the upper half, i am sure the second half is what all of you are searching. Well then great, i'll be continuing seeing as this is the impossible riddle.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:03 PM
LOL. I do have it, which is the upper half, i am sure the second half is what all of you are searching. Well then great, i'll be continuing seeing as this is the impossible riddle.

You can solve the first part. Stand on the top and enter first person, you can take it from there.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 04:07 PM
You can solve the first part. Stand on the top and enter first person, you can take it from there.

I'll have to finish the game. You know, i am still in the 4 cubed door part of the game :P. That's because i insisted on collecting everything before moving on. So now that this is unsolved. I'll move on to the 8 cubed door and then the rest.

However i was wondering, since i heard there is sometype of 3D in this game. Is it possible that this puzzle is 3D related seeing as how the riddles are about evolution or animals hunting other stuff.etc something like that by the descriptions on the walls.

If someone has a 3D TV let us know if you can find clues people without one cant. (though i doubt it, but i feel this is possible somewhat)

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:08 PM
I'll have to finish the game. You know, i am still in the 4 cubed door part of the game :P. That's because i insisted on collecting everything before moving on. So now that this is unsolved. I'll move on to the 8 cubed door and then the rest.

However i was wondering, since i heard there is sometype of 3D in this game. Is it possible that this puzzle is 3D related seeing as how the riddles are about evolution or animals hunting other stuff.etc something like that by the descriptions on the walls.

If someone has a 3D TV let us know if you can find clues people without one cant. (though i doubt it, but i feel this is possible somewhat)

It's been tried, apparently it does nothing to solve the puzzle for us.

HaukC
04-15-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm close to completion now, only got a couple areas left to explore:

I have no keys, but have one area in the windmill area that I have yet to explore. Any ideas where to find the last key (as far as I can tell of the map, all I have left to explore is the black monolith (will have to wait for a solution here) and the door that opens on 64 cubes (i have 30 normal and 33 anti cubes now). Any clues where the key might be at?

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm close to completion now, only got a couple areas left to explore:

I have no keys, but have one area in the windmill area that I have yet to explore. Any ideas where to find the last key (as far as I can tell of the map, all I have left to explore is the black monolith (will have to wait for a solution here) and the door that opens on 64 cubes (i have 30 normal and 33 anti cubes now). Any clues where the key might be at?

You forget the game isn't linear. Your last key could be my first key.
You're missing something on your map, though. Keep looking.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Hmm, there is a place that is on top of the place where the warp gate at first doesn't work (beginning of the game right after you reach the main hub of the doors with cube signs)

Don't know how to reach that place/room since it doesn't have a picture because i didn't get there, of course.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Hmm, there is a place that is on top of the place where the warp gate at first doesn't work (beginning of the game right after you reach the main hub of the doors with cube signs)

Don't know how to reach that place/room since it doesn't have a picture because i didn't get there, of course.

If I actually understand what you're talking about... door in the tree.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 04:40 PM
If I actually understand what you're talking about... door in the tree.

I literally was about to post that i just saw it after looking more around. LOOOOL damn, how did i miss that!

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:41 PM
I literally was about to post that i just saw it after looking more around. LOOOOL damn, how did i miss that!

It's funny because you're not nearly as close to being done as you thought...

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 04:47 PM
It's funny because you're not nearly as close to being done as you thought...

I know i am way far because i have only 16 cubes and 13 anti cubes. So i know im pretty far but that is my problem, lol. I am going through every room and trying to get everything that i possibly can before continuing. So far i have finished everything the first part of the game offers. Except for the room i just found and 2 locked rooms in two other places.

Then i am off to explore the 8 cubed door, 10 cubed door and finally the 16 cubed door.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:49 PM
I know i am way far because i have only 16 cubes and 13 anti cubes. So i know im pretty far but that is my problem, lol. I am going through every room and trying to get everything that i possibly can before continuing. So far i have finished everything the first part of the game offers. Except for the room i just found and 2 locked rooms in two other places.

Then i am off to explore the 8 cubed door, 10 cubed door and finally the 16 cubed door.

Just so you know, those doors don't lead to more hub worlds. I don't want to spoil it, but I pretty much did what you're doing. Trust me, don't do it. Go open the doors before you go on.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 04:51 PM
Just so you know, those doors don't lead to more hub worlds. I don't want to spoil it, but I pretty much did what you're doing. Trust me, don't do it. Go open the doors before you go on.

Thanks! this should save me some more time so i could then focus all my thought on this impossible puzzle.

ReligiousKnives
04-15-2012, 05:27 PM

This will also save me...!

AboveHunter
04-15-2012, 05:59 PM
I need help with the owl room by the water tower what am i suppose to do?

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 06:36 PM
You should check the first post dude. What you need is to interact with all 4 owls and then go to that room.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Ok so i reached the graveyard area and entered a lock door which is a room full of doors to go into that lead you coming out from another door. It's a puzzle and i have 4 maps for that puzzle but something tells me its not complete since i did what the maps told me to do but nothing happened?

So, if anyone can help me in doing this i would be greatful. I am guessing i will be rewarded with an anti-cube.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 06:43 PM
Ok so i reached the graveyard area and entered a lock door which is a room full of doors to go into that lead you coming out from another door. It's a puzzle and i have 4 maps for that puzzle but something tells me its not complete since i did what the maps told me to do but nothing happened?

So, if anyone can help me in doing this i would be greatful. I am guessing i will be rewarded with an anti-cube.

You have to do them in order.

OMGitsJG
04-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Heres a pic of all the treasure maps incase any wants to see them, behing the blank one theres a QR code btw.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2rhlgeq.jpg

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 06:47 PM
You have to do them in order.

The problem is the order that i collected the maps in is different from the order the above poster collected. LOL.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 06:51 PM
I am currently re-doing it without any help. Let's see.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 06:51 PM
The problem is the order that i collected the maps in is different from the order the above poster collected. LOL.

They're numbered.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 06:53 PM
They're numbered.

Damn...

It looks like i either have to learn the language or keep the FEZ dictionary with me, LOL.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Damn...

It looks like i either have to learn the language or keep the FEZ dictionary with me, LOL.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=366092

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Done. Very awesome, i shall continue my journey now. Can someone tell me how to write spoilers so i could discuss about some puzzles and what i get knowing that no one would get spoiled?

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 07:00 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=366092

Yeah, i have that thread bookmarked, lol. It's just that i didn't keep it open and that i am away from the PC.

AboveHunter
04-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Ok im stuck on what to do here its a single are with one spinning small windmill what am i suppose to do here and theres a cube ontop of the spinning windmill as well soooo not sure what to do here.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Ok im stuck on what to do here its a single are with one spinning small windmill what am i suppose to do here and theres a cube ontop of the spinning windmill as well soooo not sure what to do here.

The spinning windmill has two sticks side by side if you could see, you could press and hold X to turn it. I don't remember the rest but basically turning it while changing perspectives will allow you to reach the full upper cube.

FROMtheASHES984
04-15-2012, 09:00 PM
REDIRECTED!

So, in the section with the neon blue blocks and the appearing and disappearing neon pink blocks that you climb up, there is an offshoot on the map that I cannot seem to access. I've been up and down the level, but always end up at the door to the anti-cube. Anyone have an idea how to enter this other area?

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 09:00 PM

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/yjjhmtu0zgm5mtvhoddkmzzjzwy2nwqxndfizmu1nzq.jpg

Its this one, right? as you can see there are these sticks (pivot) that you can spin when you press and hold X.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 09:01 PM
I cannot help people who are far than me in the game :( so hopefully more people could join in here and help with me. Hopefully today i'll reach far and be able to help those in need!

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:07 PM
REDIRECTED!

So, in the section with the neon blue blocks and the appearing and disappearing neon pink blocks that you climb up, there is an offshoot on the map that I cannot seem to access. I've been up and down the level, but always end up at the door to the anti-cube. Anyone have an idea how to enter this other area?

Check my reply on your thread.

OMGitsJG
04-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Can someone explain to me the one dot totems and what i need to do about them? i got the secrete icon on the maps that have them in.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Can someone explain to me the one dot totems and what i need to do about them? i got the secrete icon on the maps that have them in.

Are you in new game+?

OMGitsJG
04-15-2012, 09:12 PM
Are you in new game+?
yes, i got 32 gold and 28 blue and all maps and artifacts

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:13 PM
yes, i got 32 gold and 28 blue and all maps and artifacts

Stand on the totems, enter first person mode, look at nearby platforms.

OMGitsJG
04-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Stand on the totems, enter first person mode, look at nearby platforms.

my mind just got blown away yet again by this game, thanks

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:15 PM
my mind just got blown away yet again by this game, thanks

No problem. Good luck.

heinstach
04-15-2012, 09:16 PM

I'm having trouble with this too and at 62 (31/31) cubes Must you solve this to 200/200 the game?

Majinbro
04-15-2012, 09:22 PM
REDIRECTED!

From the door you enter at the waterfall jump on the pink block to the right and back to the left press LT and jump up the 2 pink blocks to get to another blue block, LT again jump to blue block LT again and jump to the left door is there.

OMGitsJG
04-15-2012, 09:44 PM
ok so now that i have all the achievements all that is left to do is that one room with nothing but those pink mushroom things then the one tree island room right?

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 09:46 PM
The empty room and the other room with like 10 cubes near each other lined are the only puzzles in the game i think that still nobody solved except maybe 1 or 2 people and even they got like help from the developer however they were sworn to secrecy. Maybe it was a first come first serve type of thing untill later they will start helping or maybe by then people here would figure it out.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:48 PM
The empty room and the other room with like 10 cubes near each other lined are the only puzzles in the game i think that still nobody solved except maybe 1 or 2 people and even they got like help from the developer however they were sworn to secrecy. Maybe it was a first come first serve type of thing untill later they will start helping or maybe by then people here would figure it out.

We solved the room with the cubes lined up. The empty room (a.k.a. the Black Monolith) is the only puzzle we haven't figured out.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 09:50 PM
We solved the room with the cubes lined up. The empty room (a.k.a. the Black Monolith) is the only puzzle we haven't figured out.

Awesome, so what did that turn out to be? *post it as spoilers for the people who don't want to be spoiled*

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:51 PM
Awesome, so what did that turn out to be? *post it as spoilers for the people who don't want to be spoiled*

Look somewhere on these forums because it's a bit convoluted.

Tilt your head right, spell "METATRON" (so that you read it vertically with your head tilted) then turn the screen twice.

Just make sure to keep the cubes spaced out. If they're adjacent it doesn't work.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 09:53 PM

Tilt your head right, spell "METATRON" (so that you read it vertically with your head tilted) then turn the screen twice.

Just make sure to keep the cubes spaced out. If they're adjacent it doesn't work.

I'll get back to it later then. Will continue on with my journey, lol.

Bit
04-15-2012, 09:54 PM

Did we figure out WHY we have to turn the screen twice? What does it say on the back of the cubes that spelled METATRON?

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Did we figure out WHY we have to turn the screen twice? What does it say on the back of the cubes that spelled METATRON?

I'm not sure. Maybe the idea is you're presenting your answer?

Plue
04-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Anyone talk about the room with 4 pushable blocks and 3 purple light at the top of the area that lock the blocks in place? Anyone have a solution to that?

darkmorgado
04-15-2012, 10:28 PM
In the broken arch room, there's a treasure chest floating on a faraway island. No matter how much I twist the camera, it remains out of reach. What am I missing? Is this something where 1st person comes in handy?

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Anyone talk about the room with 4 pushable blocks and 3 purple light at the top of the area that lock the blocks in place? Anyone have a solution to that?

When you walk in, the two purple blocks on the sides should have blocks on them and the center is empty.

First, push one of the two blocks to the center. Then, take one of the unused blocks and put it on top of that. Then take the last block and put it in the open area.

You NEED to move one of the two blocks into the center, otherwise it's impossible to complete the puzzle.

Majinbro
04-15-2012, 10:32 PM
In the broken arch room, there's a treasure chest floating on a faraway island. No matter how much I twist the camera, it remains out of reach. What am I missing? Is this something where 1st person comes in handy?

this is one of the treasure maps area theres a hidden ledge that you can land on when turned at a certain angle then when you jump you have to turn to the left twice which moves it again so you can get to it.

Plue
04-15-2012, 10:32 PM
In the broken arch room, there's a treasure chest floating on a faraway island. No matter how much I twist the camera, it remains out of reach. What am I missing? Is this something where 1st person comes in handy? There are two invisible platforms, you have to basically have the camera at a certain angle and take leaps of fatih. At least you don't get punished for dying.

Plue
04-15-2012, 10:35 PM
When you walk in, the two purple blocks on the sides should have blocks on them and the center is empty.

First, push one of the two blocks to the center. Then, take one of the unused blocks and put it on top of that. Then take the last block and put it in the open area.

You NEED to move one of the two blocks into the center, otherwise it's impossible to complete the puzzle.Ah! I get it. We were tying to make it look like the tetris block. thank ya kindly sir

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 10:37 PM
There are two invisible platforms, you have to basically have the camera at a certain angle and take leaps of fatih. At least you don't get punished for dying.

Not leaps of faith. You use the treasure map for that area.

Ah! I get it. We were tying to make it look like the tetris block. thank ya kindly sir

No problem.

IOnEI Falcon
04-15-2012, 10:37 PM
So for the clock cubes. The last anticube I need and the last item I need is a clock cube. The 24 hour one. If I go offline and mess with the times, can I pop the cube, leave and connect to XBL and then grab the cube? My achievements will be gotten offline if not.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 10:41 PM
So for the clock cubes. The last anticube I need and the last item I need is a clock cube. The 24 hour one. If I go offline and mess with the times, can I pop the cube, leave and connect to XBL and then grab the cube? My achievements will be gotten offline if not.

You need to disconnect your 360 from the internet. As soon as you reconnect it'll fix the clock.

Disconnect from the internet, sign in (you can't go online so you'll play in offline mode). Get the cube and when you do, exit the game and reconnect to the internet. You'll still have it when you go back into the game.

Aruwal
04-15-2012, 10:57 PM
I am missing one anti-cube, but am unsure what I'm missing. Anyone knows?

What I have left:

* Black Monolith
* Door that opens when I get 64 cubes

I have all the other collectibles, and am pretty sure I've done all treasures (is there a map on what locations the different maps are pointing to?). The QR code on one of the maps does not work, does that mean I have done that already, or does it have to be done in a specific location?

Hopefully you guys in here can help me find the final cube!! :)

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Hmm, i am in a room where there is this device that reads my moves into tetris blocks. What is the secret here? I have a feeling that the purple rectangle that is at the lower platform has some clue in it but i can for the life of me read the text/shapes on it.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Hmm, i am in a room where there is this device that reads my moves into tetris blocks. What is the secret here? I have a feeling that the purple rectangle that is at the lower platform has some clue in it but i can for the life of me read the text/shapes on it.

You found the room everyone else used to decode the tetris glyphs.

As for previous post, check your achievement list.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 11:06 PM
You found the room everyone else used to decode the tetris glyphs.

Yeah, which is pretty cool. But, what's exactly the secret in this room?

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah, which is pretty cool. But, what's exactly the secret in this room?

Do the sequence shown on the obelisk on the other platform.

Aruwal
04-15-2012, 11:09 PM

Was that aimed at me? If so, thanks. But I am not sure what you mean, I have 2 achievements left; 32 cubes/anti and all collectibles.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Do the sequence shown on the obelisk on the other platform.

I think First person here really benefits, LOL. Cause for the life of me i can't read the text so good. However, i find it weird that the LT & RT reads as Z instead of a up right up or up left up shape.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Was that aimed at me? If so, thanks. But I am not sure what you mean, I have 2 achievements left; 32 cubes/anti and all collectibles.

I thought you missed the Achievement Unlocked achievement. You missed something else on your map; keep looking!

I think First person here really benefits, LOL. Cause for the life of me i can't read the text so good. However, i find it weird that the LT & RT reads as Z instead of a up right up or up left up shape.

Not sure what you mean.

Aruwal
04-15-2012, 11:21 PM
I thought you missed the Achievement Unlocked achievement. You missed something else on your map; keep looking!

Hm... I've double and triple checked, and everything else is golden. I really have no clue here. :/

Edit: Weird, I went back to the QR room (which was golden) and did the sequence. Now 200/200 GS unlocked, cheers for your help anyways! :)

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Hm... I've double and triple checked, and everything else is golden. I really have no clue here. :/

Edit: Weird, I went back to the QR room (which was golden) and did the sequence. Now 200/200 GS unlocked, cheers for your help anyways! :)

No problem(?)

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Not sure what you mean.

The inputs for RT and LT show up in the decipher device as " z tetris shape " instead of the shape z being upside down like in the thread where it says this shape means this button.

Edit: Sorry for the late reply, was away. Something tells me i should tilt my head, lol, let me try.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Hah, knew it just now! Anyways, continuing the journey.

Plue
04-16-2012, 12:14 AM
Could someone post a picture of the black monolith just so I could have a reference point please? I can't seem to find any good shots.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Is the room with the books and the other room inside that place with the squared earth is the observatory room? Because if so, I am inputting the codes but nothing is happening which is leading me to believe that it is not.

wizpig64
04-16-2012, 12:23 AM
what's the reference for?

http://i.imgur.com/9H8cA.jpg

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Could someone post a picture of the black monolith just so I could have a reference point please? I can't seem to find any good shots.

We need someone who is on newgame+ so that they could go on first person mode and only by that view we could see the monolith from what i am reading.

wizpig64
04-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Here's the view from first person mode, standing just above the door:

http://i.imgur.com/x9jiu.jpg

Plue
04-16-2012, 12:31 AM
what's the reference for?

http://i.imgur.com/9H8cA.jpgPeople on other forums don't seem to get what the Monolith actually is. I just would like to show them.

wizpig64
04-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Here's one last close up. It would be much better if I had a decent camera and a dark room. or maybe a capture card.

http://i.imgur.com/hSHUe.jpg

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 12:39 AM
That looks scary and bad ass.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Is the room with the books and the other room inside that place with the squared earth is the observatory room? Because if so, I am inputting the codes but nothing is happening which is leading me to believe that it is not.

Did it. It must be in the room which has the big ass telescope. Got an incomplete red cube (what is this for?) and an anti-cube thanks to the two codes you have to input in the room.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Is there any secret in the barcode room? I scanned the code and everything. It gave me the input code but when i put it nothing happened or did it just make the room gold plated? (i think it did that only but i am just making sure)

TheLastOne
04-16-2012, 01:36 AM
The QR code anti-cubes can all be gotten a different way. It is entirely possible that you already got the anti-cube for that QR code from a different room.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 01:41 AM
The QR code anti-cubes can all be gotten a different way. It is entirely possible that you already got the anti-cube for that QR code from a different room.

Interesting! thanks for the info!

Plue
04-16-2012, 01:45 AM
What's the deal with the cabin with the red curtains? on my map it says that I can go to another room from here. My mind is blown.

Plue
04-16-2012, 01:47 AM
What's the deal with the cabin with the red curtains? on my map it says that I can go to another room from here. My mind is blown.err... nevermind.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 01:48 AM
What's the deal with the cabin with the red curtains? on my map it says that I can go to another room from here. My mind is blown.

Yeah i was in the same position im like "dafuq" then i told myself i should go out. As soon as i did, my mind was blown.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Hmm i reached a puzzle room where there is 10 ways to make tetris shapes out of the 6 cubes. I think i will call it a day, lol. Will try later and i wouldn't mind getting spoiled or hints. Either way would do.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 02:13 AM
Hmm i reached a puzzle room where there is 10 ways to make tetris shapes out of the 6 cubes. I think i will call it a day, lol. Will try later and i wouldn't mind getting spoiled or hints. Either way would do.

There are 11 ways to unfold a cube. Ten are shown. Think you can figure out where to go from there?

Plue
04-16-2012, 02:22 AM
I'm at the puzzle that's at the graveyard part and there are like 15 doors in which you can go through. Any specific order or code I have to do? is it more simple than I think?

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 02:23 AM
I'm at the puzzle that's at the graveyard part and there are like 15 doors in which you can go through. Any specific order or code I have to do? is it more simple than I think?

Have you collected all the treasure maps?

Rednacht
04-16-2012, 02:25 AM
I the area with the disappearing pink platforms I went through a door into a new area not far up from the entrance (it's to the left of the area I just described). It's just a small platform with a pillar in the middle.

What's the solution for the secret in this area?

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 02:26 AM
I the area with the disappearing pink platforms I went through a door into a new area not far up from the entrance (it's to the left of the area I just described). It's just a small platform with a pillar in the middle.

What's the solution for the secret in this area?

Does it vibrate?

Plue
04-16-2012, 02:27 AM
Does it vibrate?I have all but one. This where I use 'em?

Rednacht
04-16-2012, 02:40 AM
oops, had the vibration on my controller set to 'off'. Yes there is vibrating.

Rednacht
04-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Nevermind, figured it out on my own. Clever with the motors.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 02:47 AM
I have all but one. This where I use 'em?

You should have four that look like the four walls of the room you're in.

Rednacht
04-16-2012, 02:55 AM
what about the secret in the forest area with the magic cabin?

wizpig64
04-16-2012, 02:58 AM

err... nevermind.

This makes me giggle.

Plue
04-16-2012, 04:03 AM
How come when I'm in the black monolith room, I don't see the black monolith? just the candles?

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 04:05 AM
How come when I'm in the black monolith room, I don't see the black monolith? just the candles?

Find the burnt treasure map, and also make sure to use first person mode.

Plue
04-16-2012, 04:06 AM
Find the burnt treasure map, and also make sure to use first person mode.I have half of the burnt map. Do I need the other half?

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 04:10 AM
I have half of the burnt map. Do I need the other half?

Not to get the monolith.

Plue
04-16-2012, 04:16 AM
Not to get the monolith.I need to punch in some code to get it to appear, yes? Do you know what it is?

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 04:24 AM
I need to punch in some code to get it to appear, yes? Do you know what it is?

Look at map.
Press RT twice.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 11:11 AM
There are 11 ways to unfold a cube. Ten are shown. Think you can figure out where to go from there?

Hmm, i'll have to think about it more. I'll try and if i couldn't solve i'll ask here for help.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 01:04 PM
I couldn't get it to work. I tried everything even the pattern that is written in another thread but still, nothing works and i know i am doing something wrong most likely. : /

Axel 360
04-16-2012, 03:17 PM
Just like the thread about codes, this one needs pictures.

Anyway, Iīm on on room. Is the upper room or stage where you get when going up from the central Warp Gate. In my map, itīs the top square.

In there, there are some tetris figure constellation (for secret) and one chest. Iīll see about the secret, but what about that chest? how do I get it?

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 03:37 PM
Ok, did the puzzle and got the book that is by now translated by many people on the internet. Hmm, you need to take a picture :P

However i think i know where you are, is it in the forest place where you can jump on mushrooms? or is it the place before that or after that?

steve19137
04-16-2012, 03:48 PM
OH MY GOD THIS GAME IS RAPING MY MIND.

Ok, so I found the black monolith room, I have yet to figure out how to activate the room so the monolith shows up. I also have to collect quite a few more anti-cubes and hopefully run into the last regular cube bits along the way. There are so many things that I have been thinking about. I'll ask more questions later today after I get my school work done. Thank God for online college :D

EDIT: I also recently got the skull artifact, so I have the tome left. I think I need the treasure map with the QR on the back, and I'd have all the maps. Also, this soundtrack has become the soundtrack to my life.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Hopefully more people join in, share and help. I just got done with the what is my name puzzle. Continuing my adventure.

IOnEI Falcon
04-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Is there an anticube in the room with the tree and the water you have to lower? Or is the secret just the door you need to open?

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Is there an anticube in the room with the tree and the water you have to lower? Or is the secret just the door you need to open?

Just a door that needs 64 cubes which is all yellow and anti cubes. Beyond that door i don't know what lies there and frankly i don't want to so that it wouldnt be spoiled on me.

steve19137
04-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Yay, I got the black monolith to pop up. I learned how to decode the tetris codes on the fly, so that's really nice. I've found tons of anti-cubes since I've figured that out. Right now, I need help finding the book artifact and making the octopus room, the one that leads into the model of the solar system, gold plated. Any tips?

EDIT: I kinda wanna figure somethings out on my own, so vague answers are best. If I need more direct answers, I'll ask.

Fang Foom
04-16-2012, 11:38 PM

Man I am desperate for another key yet can't find one.
I'm trying to get this chest and I have the map but still cant figure it out..am I missing something obvious or should I come back later?

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Man I am desperate for another key yet can't find one.
I'm trying to get this chest and I have the map but still cant figure it out..am I missing something obvious or should I come back later?

Compare the map and the place you are standing which is on top of the door that is on top of the ladders. I don't want to give away unless you want too, because you don't have to come back later, you just need to focus more!

AboveHunter
04-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Anyone know how to work the tetris picture puzzle two areas above the wooden house?

got99probl3ms
04-17-2012, 12:11 AM
You need to bring all six blocks to the front plane. Place three on the highest platform side by side on the area that shows the door. Then under the right block put one under it and two to the right. Be sure they are in alignment and press left so they smush together and they should turn black and then into an anti cube

StingX2
04-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Bottom right of the map, access this area from the unlock door with 8/12/etc cubes room. This area has 5 doors but 6 access points according to the map, its covered in one eye statues with open mouths. how do I find the 6th door that actually isn't a door?

grimrock
04-17-2012, 01:51 AM
ok i know this if going to take things a little far but...

The poster in his room is based on the title screen for The legend of Zelda. the last item we are trying to get is a Heart (the only heart in the game). . . maybe it the last piece is something from Zelda ?

first thing that poped in my head is Tri Force (and it just happened to be 8 long)

Also from twitter:
http://i.imgur.com/YlSQN.png

Fenrakk101
04-17-2012, 01:56 AM
ok i know this if going to take things a little far but...

The poster in his room is based on the title screen for The legend of Zelda. the last item we are trying to get is a Heart (the only heart in the game). . . maybe it the last piece is something from Zelda ?

first thing that poped in my head is Tri Force (and it just happened to be 8 long)

Also from twitter:
http://i.imgur.com/YlSQN.png

Following this logic, there would have been more Zelda references in the Observatory and security room. The Monolith wouldn't be the ONLY of the three puzzles with a Zelda answer.

Nquoid
04-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Following this logic, there would have been more Zelda references in the Observatory and security room. The Monolith wouldn't be the ONLY of the three puzzles with a Zelda answer.

64 bit God = Miyamoto? Creator of Zelda and Mario which there are plenty of references to in the game. Also made Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time for the Nintendo 64. Could that work with the binary idea?

steve19137
04-17-2012, 02:17 AM
I got all the yellow cubes and the book artifact!! Now, I have 4 anticubes left, 2 from the clock. I still haven't figured out the secret of the octopus room. Any hints?

EDIT: Smacking my self in the head, it was an owl!!! I need to stop posting and wait some more lol.

Fenrakk101
04-17-2012, 02:18 AM
I got all the yellow cubes and the book artifact!! Now, I have 4 anticubes left, 2 from the clock. I still haven't figured out the secret of the octopus room. Any hints?

Octopus room?

steve19137
04-17-2012, 02:27 AM
Octopus room?

See my edit, here is the one I was talking about anyway.

Fenrakk101
04-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Owl on the purple tree... i think?

steve19137
04-17-2012, 02:38 AM
Owl on the purple tree... i think?

Yep, I took that picture after I sent it away. I just need one more owl.

Fenrakk101
04-17-2012, 02:42 AM
Yep, I took that picture after I sent it away. I just need one more owl.

Ah, didn't see your edit.

steve19137
04-17-2012, 03:55 AM
Gah, I am on my last anti-cube! I messed around with the times to get the clock cubes, but now I can't find the last one! I went to the classroom in the rainy city, did the input, and got the cube-like sound, but no cube. Is there somewhere else? It's also worth mentioning that the first red sewer room has a locked door, but I have no keys. Are there any hidden ones?

EDIT: JK, the second door in the first red sewer looked locked at first glance :P

MyLittleViking
04-17-2012, 06:13 AM
Hmm, i'll have to think about it more. I'll try and if i couldn't solve i'll ask here for help.

Here's a picture of what the 11th one is, if anyone needs it.

ll X ll
04-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Awesome, i did an entirely different shape and it worked too.

arnfear
04-17-2012, 03:46 PM
what must i do here? thanks for help

http://s14.directupload.net/images/120417/e2vt77hh.jpg

pnutosan
04-17-2012, 04:09 PM
what must i do here? thanks for help

http://s14.directupload.net/images/120417/e2vt77hh.jpg

You can put the floating platform on top of the rotating bridge thing. The rest should be pretty self explanatory.

DROGTURIST
04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
My solution was to wait for NG+ and just fly up there, lol.

Scapetti
04-17-2012, 04:20 PM

Really do understand Phil's comment about gamers being the worst people...

DROGTURIST
04-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Really do understand Phil's comment about gamers being the worst people...Okay? I didn't put flying in the game and it's not a glitch, so don't blame me because Phil offered it as an alternate solution.

pnutosan
04-17-2012, 04:47 PM

Tut tut tut.

Poor show old boy, poor show indeed.

mas4mune
04-17-2012, 04:49 PM
Really do understand Phil's comment about gamers being the worst people...
word.
i've never been more disheartened by the future of gaming than when i started frequenting this sub-forum. is it any wonder we don't have hard games anymore when people need their hand held with every little thing?

DROGTURIST
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM
And how much smarter is it to make shit up to suit your argument? You know nothing about me and what games I play, or how I play them. I'm close to completing Puddle, which so far has been completed by 10 people (probably more like 5 when you exclude hackers). Fez was completed by over 100 people and counting every day. What I'm trying to say there is fuck you for trying to imply that I can't handle hard games and that your precious little favorite here really isn't that hard. Cheating one puzzle in a game that has hundreds does not make me stupid.

mas4mune
04-17-2012, 05:04 PM
And how much smarter is it to make shit up to suit your argument? You know nothing about me and what games I play, or how I play them. I'm close to completing Puddle, which so far has been completed by 10 people (probably more like 5 when you exclude hackers). Fez was completed by over 100 people and counting every day. What I'm trying to say there is fuck you for trying to imply that I can't handle hard games and that your precious little favorite here really isn't that hard. Cheating one puzzle in a game that has hundreds does not make me stupid.

relax, i wasn't talking about you. it was a general comment about the countless threads of "HOW DO I DO THIS PUZZLE!? OMG ITZ SO HARD". it was not a comment about intelligence, it was a comment about the attitude of modern gamers. the "do it for me" attitude. fez is not a hard game. it is a game that takes patience and research, two traits that the modern gamer does not appear to hold. the only puzzle people are actually stuck on is apparently unsolvable without developer help. that's not difficulty.

Fang Foom
04-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Compare the map and the place you are standing which is on top of the door that is on top of the ladders. I don't want to give away unless you want too, because you don't have to come back later, you just need to focus more!

Still Stuck!

AboveHunter
04-17-2012, 05:12 PM
I need help with the main area beside the telescope what am i missing here i think its an anti cube can someone tell me what the input is for this area.

Scapetti
04-17-2012, 05:21 PM

No need to be so uptight... I haven't heard of Puddle but I can see it proves you are a more intelligent person ;)

ll X ll
04-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Still Stuck!

Basically there are invisible platforms depending on which perspective you are. Using the map and seeing where the chest direction is in helps to make you know where the invisible platforms are.

mas4mune
04-17-2012, 07:26 PM
fairly sure that particular map has important details on the back.
to be honest i didn't even use the maps and just tried jumping. they're always going to be jumpable, and there are only four sides, you know?

Majinbro
04-17-2012, 11:34 PM
Is there a specific anti-cube thats glitched i just completed each room didnt even know i got an extra till i hit 33.
Sucks i didnt get the achievements for the 32/32 or the all collectibles but i like the game so not really complaining about another playthrough, would just rather not get the glitched cube again. Thanks for any replys.

mas4mune
04-18-2012, 05:42 AM
Is there a specific anti-cube thats glitched i just completed each room didnt even know i got an extra till i hit 33.
Sucks i didnt get the achievements for the 32/32 or the all collectibles but i like the game so not really complaining about another playthrough, would just rather not get the glitched cube again. Thanks for any replys.
general consensus is the monocle room fez puzzle is extra, but it can be any of the QR code ones, too. in a brand new playthrough i'd personally ignore the QR codes and just hit up the puzzles it gives you. this seems to glitch for a few people but not all. did you have 32 cubes before getting 33 anti-cubes? that's how i did it and mine popped.

IOnEI Falcon
04-18-2012, 02:02 PM
So I have one anti cube left and the only rooms that are white are the monolith room and the room with the tree and the low water level. I have no idea where to go to get the last one. Any ideas?

ll X ll
04-20-2012, 10:03 PM
So I have one anti cube left and the only rooms that are white are the monolith room and the room with the tree and the low water level. I have no idea where to go to get the last one. Any ideas?

Either you're glitch or i don't know since the only rooms for an anti-cube is usually just a secret mark besides the level and from what i know these rooms don't have an anti cube. Have you tried doing the QR codes?

Axel 360
04-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Since this is the thread where everybody is going with their questions, here are mines.

1š -I already decrypt the tetris alphabet, found a room where a monolith show you what each direction means in that code. But I canīt seem to find a place where I can understand the rest of the codes. I know thereīs a numeric one, but canīt find the way to decrypt that. Is there a room or puzzle I should look around to put myself in the right direction? And please, I donīt want solutions, Iīm looking for clues, so stay to point me in the direction but donīt tell me the puzzle solution.

2š - I already complete the game with only 30 cubes and 14 anti-cubes (although I remember to only have achieve 12 of those, donīt know where the other two come from). And right now Iīm playing New Game + with all of my previous progress saved. Am I fucked achievements related? Because Iīm still missing two artifacts, cubes and obviously their achievements related and I read people is having problems unlocking some cheevos.

3š - Is there any other code besides numeric and tetris one?? I know thereīs some kind of alphabet to translate the cryptic dialogues over the game but, Am I gonna need that one to to solve puzzles or is it only for story clarification??

4š - I use first person view to look for a code in front of a throne. Perform the code but nothing happen. Is that code suppose to be used in other room or am I getting the code wrong?? I use it from top to bottom and viceversa and there was no result in none of those.

Thanks in advantage and remember not to spoil the answer, DONīT GIVE ME CODES!! Those are mine to discover.

Kibblre
04-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Axel:

1) The alphabet can be found by looking for a visual representation of a pangram. I forget where the numbers are to be solved.

2) NG+ doesn't effect any play, so it shouldn't effect achievements.

3) The alphabet is needed to get anticubes (only 1 pops up in my head, though). Read answer 1.

4) That code is part of an alternate way to figure out the QR codes. If you have a QR scanner, disregard the code you found. If you don't it's important.

Gman2
04-22-2012, 12:17 PM
The never ending room? I know where to find the solution but it doesn't work. What is the solution?

EDIT: Done it now.

segagamer
04-22-2012, 10:59 PM
fairly sure that particular map has important details on the back.

Gaaaahhhhh

Thank you for this. I've been spending the past hour trying to figure this out. But I feel like a right idiot now XD