PDA

View Full Version : Black Monolith Possible Solution - Need Input

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 02:48 PM
My logic is as follows.

The burnt treasure map is half of a whole, which means the other information used to be there, but is now missing. Theoretically, that information should lie elsewhere in the game.
All I want to know is, can anyone find another instance of the pattern that remains on the map? Is it written anywhere else, in any room or wall?
I'm probably just grasping at straws but this just struck me now as an epiphany.

A BENGAL HOBO
04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
i havnt seen the second half

Speedbeatz
04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Well, let's start in the room where we found the map in the first place. Scour the floors. It definitely looks burned but who knows.

...What room did we find the map in?

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 02:53 PM
i havnt seen the second half

That's the point. I'm talking about the half we already see.
If we can find the same thing that's on the treasure map written somewhere in the game, that could lead us to the missing data from the map.

Well, let's start in the room where we found the map in the first place. Scour the floors. It definitely looks burned but who knows.

...What room did we find the map in?

Not a clue anymore.

LimboBimbo
04-15-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm almost certain that the monolith is a reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey. Haven't figured out the solution yet though.

Phonomezer
04-15-2012, 03:03 PM
:confused:

Anyone considered what the skull artifact is for? Black...death...skull...etc

There are some grooves in it which may or may not be of any importance, but I might give it a shot in any case.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 03:05 PM
:confused:

Anyone considered what the skull artifact is for? Black...death...skull...etc

There are some grooves in it which may or may not be of any importance, but I might give it a shot in any case.

I was actually looking at the skull too...
There's a picture of it in the boiler room in Gomez's World. A poster tacked on the wall next to it says "XYZ" if I translated it correctly. Make of it what you will.

deaddeaddead
04-15-2012, 03:05 PM
With the parallel to the monolith in 2001, you'd almost expect to be able to use a bone, but doesn't seem like it.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 03:08 PM
With the parallel to the monolith in 2001, you'd almost expect to be able to use a bone, but doesn't seem like it.

Hints maybe?

Also, this might be irrelevant, but...
In the four-cube door, there's the one room at the top that's just a big black hole. But in the minimap, you can see the actual walls, and if you zoom in enough and have a big enough tv you can make out what's written on the walls. Might be a clue?

Speedbeatz
04-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Hints maybe?

In the four-cube door, there's the one room at the top that's just a big black hole. But in the minimap, you can see the actual walls, and if you zoom in enough and have a big enough tv you can make out what's written on the walls. Might be a clue?

It's the exact same as the room to it's right on the map with the "cave paintings". Interestingly the black holes make up about the same shape as what we have of the burnt map. Probably just a coincidence but.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 03:16 PM
It's the exact same as the room to it's right on the map with the "cave paintings". Interestingly the black holes make up about the same shape as what we have of the burnt map. Probably just a coincidence but.

Mind, blown.

Phonomezer
04-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Which room is this?

Speedbeatz
04-15-2012, 03:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/dNFFH.jpg

Like I said, probably meaningless, but still interesting. It's behind the 4-cube door, the uppermost room.

edit: Hmm, incidentally, the map thumbnail for a room in this area is wrong. The bottom-right one, with the four people bowing to the owl - the map shows a depiction of an evolution line instead. Maybe just a changed idea/error?

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Which room is this?

Open the four-cube door, go to the top, there's a room that's basically entirely a black hole. Doesn't seem too interesting anymore.

mas4mune
04-15-2012, 03:25 PM
the skull is very curious. if you look underneath, there are three holes that are arranged in the shape of the visitor's eyes. if this is a visitor skull (tentacle holes? who knows), why is the regular face shaped with a jaw and the eyes in a straight line? if this is a skull of one of the other peoples in the world, why are there three holes at the bottom? i've tried hitting X all over that damn thing and nothing happens. perhaps a button combo could make something work, but, again, all theory and no leads. if you have stereoscopy on, there is a red rectangle under the skull, but i think that's more of a coding issue than anything else.

i think the 2001 thing may just be a homage. the black monoliths were machines, so i don't see how it relates.

EDIT: just had a look at that map/black hole image. it even seems to have the wear on the edges in the same spots. i must investigate.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 03:28 PM
the skull is very curious. if you look underneath, there are three holes that are arranged in the shape of the visitor's eyes. if this is a visitor skull (tentacle holes? who knows), why is the regular face shaped with a jaw and the eyes in a straight line? if this is a skull of one of the other peoples in the world, why are there three holes at the bottom? i've tried hitting X all over that damn thing and nothing happens. perhaps a button combo could make something work, but, again, all theory and no leads. if you have stereoscopy on, there is a red rectangle under the skull, but i think that's more of a coding issue than anything else.

i think the 2001 thing may just be a homage. the black monoliths were machines, so i don't see how it relates.

Like I said, there's a poster that depicts this exact face in the boiler room of Gomez's World.

mas4mune
04-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Like I said, there's a poster that depicts this exact face in the boiler room of Gomez's World.
there are also letters and numbers from the other worlds in there. eyepatch's secret research stash? who knows.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 03:35 PM
there are also letters and numbers from the other worlds in there. eyepatch's secret research stash? who knows.

The answer must be here then, right? Or somewhere else in the world?

mas4mune
04-15-2012, 03:45 PM
The answer must be here then, right? Or somewhere else in the world?
i have no doubt in my mind the answer is in the game somewhere, but i'm fairly sure i've read everything by now. soon i'll be able to write fez better than english.
on closer inspection of the black hole room, i find nothing of value here except the extreme coincidence between the shapes. i tried the monolith code but nothing happened. if you fly fast enough you don't die in the black hole, so i inspected every seam of that room. nothing to report, sadly. i'm dabbling with the fact that you can't rotate these rooms. trying to figure something out.

AlfSimen
04-15-2012, 03:46 PM
The image shown as a preview before you go into the room with the black hole depicts the wall of another room: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2131950/Pics/IMG_20120413_191837.jpg

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 03:47 PM
i have no doubt in my mind the answer is in the game somewhere, but i'm fairly sure i've read everything by now. soon i'll be able to write fez better than english.
on closer inspection of the black hole room, i find nothing of value here except the extreme coincidence between the shapes. i tried the monolith code but nothing happened. if you fly fast enough you don't die in the black hole, so i inspected every seam of that room. nothing to report, sadly. i'm dabbling with the fact that you can't rotate these rooms. trying to figure something out.

I think not rotating the rooms is part of the story... that world used to exist only in 2D, so its creators we can assume existed in 2D.
The next world is in 3D though, and so is Gomez's World and the past door.... so I really don't know.

The image shown as a preview before you go into the room with the black hole depicts the wall of another room: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2131950/Pics/IMG_20120413_191837.jpg

We already figured that out. Sorry for not being perceptive enough to figure it out before I posted that.

Phonomezer
04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
This is driving me crazy.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
This is driving me crazy.

All of us, man.

AlfSimen
04-15-2012, 03:54 PM
We already figured that out. Sorry for not being perceptive enough to figure it out before I posted that.

I saw that you had figured out that there were something depicted, someone mentioned that it looked like an evolution-line. What it actually depicts are some creatures hunting, killing and roasting something. That's why I wanted to post the photo. So chill down a bit will ya?

grimrock
04-15-2012, 03:59 PM
i am giving tweeting at them a shot XD iv been all over the map and couldn't sleep because I MUST KNOW.

Fenrakk101
I saw that you had figured out that there were something depicted, someone mentioned that it looked like an evolution-line. What it actually depicts are some creatures hunting, killing and roasting something. That's why I wanted to post the photo. So chill down a bit will ya?

This is what I'm referring to.

Speedbeatz

This was me, and I was talking about a different room in the same area.

http://i.imgur.com/Py0Ij.jpg
The actual room in question has that layout, but the plaque instead depicts (for me at least) four figures bowing to an owl.

got99probl3ms
04-15-2012, 04:00 PM
i tweeted many of them and no response..

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 04:01 PM
i am giving tweeting at them a shot XD iv been all over the map and couldn't sleep because I MUST KNOW.

I haven't finished the game yet. But i think they will not give out their secret this quick. It needs time for the other people playing the game. I'm giving them a month or two before starting to help. By then maybe we all would already figure it out :P

AlfSimen
04-15-2012, 04:02 PM
This was me, and I was talking about a different room in the same area.

Ok, sorry, so many rooms >_<

This is what I'm referring to.

My bad.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:04 PM
My bad.

No worries.

Now, if we can get back to the subject...
Does the treasure map code or pattern appear anywhere else in the game?

AndrewOfPie
04-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Hints maybe?

In the large room outside (aka destination of the 4-cube door) there's a concentric squares pattern on the floor in front of the main building (visible in 1st person). I'm not sure of its significance, but it wasn't used for any puzzles. I also find it odd that non of the rooms in this area can be rotated or viewed in 1st person.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:07 PM
In the large room outside (aka destination of the 4-cube door) there's a concentric squares pattern on the floor in front of the main building (visible in 1st person). I'm not sure of its significance, but it wasn't used for any puzzles. I also find it odd that non of the rooms in this area can be rotated or viewed in 1st person.

I think the lack of rotations has to do with story. The world is 2D and was inhabited by 2D creatures.

The concentric squares also appear on the top of the whale island thing.

Speedbeatz
04-15-2012, 04:09 PM

I think they may be "flat" - if you think about the structure of the ruined building, there's not room for much depth beyond the doors. The concentric squares have been spotted a number of places, I don't remember the exact count but they're all over and probably meaningful.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:10 PM
I think they may be "flat" - if you think about the structure of the ruined building, there's not room for much depth beyond the doors. The concentric squares have been spotted a number of places, I don't remember the exact count but they're all over and probably meaningful.

I think they just relate to the stargate somehow.
If these things are actually the solution I'm going to scream.

Speedbeatz
04-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I think they just relate to the stargate somehow.
If these things are actually the solution I'm going to scream.
This puzzle reeks to high heaven of a convoluted, unintuitive, how-the-hell-was-i-supposed-to-know-that solution.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:14 PM
This puzzle reeks to high heaven of a convoluted, unintuitive, how-the-hell-was-i-supposed-to-know-that solution.

I said this somewhere already, but... I really hate these abstract puzzles.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:19 PM
HEY WAIT A MINUTE

Does anyone else find it weird that this monolith is the only thing in the game that still moves when you enter first person?

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
I said this somewhere already, but... I really hate these abstract puzzles.

Yeah, jeez. LOL, give us a hint or two or something to work on with it. With this puzzle it seems we must divide ourselves into groups and each group would go into different areas to decipher and count as many hints as possible that is available in the game.

Scottcool
04-15-2012, 04:20 PM
I like that it is not straight forward, everything is spoon fed to us these days. imagine how uptight everyone would be if this was for an achievement

Speedbeatz
04-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Animals and such move too :/
New question: what the heck does this say: http://i.imgur.com/0B5s9.jpg
That first one isn't a character we know a meaning for not matter how you rotate it.

Fenrakk101
To reiterate... does anyone else find it peculiar that this monolith is the only thing that doesn't freeze when you enter first person?

mas4mune
That first one isn't a character we know a meaning for not matter how you rotate it.
that's like that math room which breaks my brain. i swear there's a clue there but i can't work it out.

To reiterate... does anyone else find it peculiar that this monolith is the only thing that doesn't freeze when you enter first person?
yes.

so, in NUZU (neon world,) there's a classroom with a cube template on the wall. has anyone tried to make this or even looked at it for more than three seconds? i haven't heard a word about it. anyway, i attempted to recreate it by hand, thinking it might make a pattern with the tetrominoes. it doesn't. the white parts sorta look like maps in themselves, but i doubt it. a fresher mind might be able to see something else. just something to consider. if someone has some photoshop skills or something it would be easier.
losing my mind staring at the neon owl. are the eyes flashing in a sequence or is it just aesthetics. argh.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 04:22 PM
I like that it is not straight forward, everything is spoon fed to us these days. imagine how uptight everyone would be if this was for an achievement

That is the beauty of it. Is that gamers want to finish the game and know everything about it. Achievement or not. It really is such an amazing and interesting game filled with rich history and many hidden secrets. Love it.

LimboBimbo
04-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Now that you mention it, yeah, a bit weird.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:23 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Polytron/status/191561891041124352

Speedbeatz
04-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Welp, there's my cue to give up for tonight!

e: oh also my bad, animals don't keep moving in first-person. Intriguing. Either way ^

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:28 PM
Polytroll wins again.

A BENGAL HOBO
04-15-2012, 04:34 PM
wow...r u kidding me???its a BUG!!!!

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:35 PM
wow...r u kidding me???its a BUG!!!!

We don't know that.

deaddeaddead
04-15-2012, 04:45 PM

Pretty sure the heart does too. I wonder if cubes do too, don't have any left to check.

I guess we don't know the meaning of the first, but we've seen it repeatedly. The one that looks like an equals sign is, that's shown in a Zu classroom pretty conclusively.

deaddeaddead
04-15-2012, 04:55 PM
Anyone have any ideas about the long set of numbers in the Zu classroom?

The first wall shows 3 = 3, written two different ways. (And a visitor holding a 3?)

The next wall shows 0,1,2,3 along with the symbols for point, line, square, cube.

The next wall shows
1,4,5=10
2,3,5=10
1,2,7=10

The last wall shows the counting cube unrolled: 1,4,6,5,10,0, written two different ways.

Next to that, there's a scroll I can't make any sense of.

2 4
2 5
4 1
5 4
4 4
3 3
3 6

Thoughts?

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Anyone have any ideas about the long set of numbers in the Zu classroom?

The first wall shows 3 = 3, written two different ways. (And a visitor holding a 3?)

The next wall shows 0,1,2,3 along with the symbols for point, line, square, cube.

The next wall shows
1,4,5=10
2,3,5=10
1,2,7=10

The last wall shows the counting cube unrolled: 1,4,6,5,10,0, written two different ways.

Next to that, there's a scroll I can't make any sense of.

2 4
2 5
4 1
5 4
4 4
3 3
3 6

Thoughts?

I just turned those into LT and RT movements and followed the code on the other dot in the monolith room. Annnnnnnd nothing happened.

Phonomezer
04-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Just noticed that the pattern on the floor in the monolith room is not only on the ground in the "ruins", but on the tree where the heart cubes go. Just saying, lol.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Just noticed that the pattern on the floor in the monolith room is not only on the ground in the "ruins", but on the tree where the heart cubes go. Just saying, lol.

It might also be in the observatory and METATRON room?

Scottcool
04-15-2012, 05:07 PM
not in the security question room

mas4mune
04-15-2012, 05:08 PM
It might also be in the observatory and METATRON room?
i'll go check. anyone notice there's a white square on the ground where you meet the cube in Gomez's village?

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't see it on the tree either

mas4mune
04-15-2012, 05:11 PM
sabotage!

neg on the observatory.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 05:14 PM
If the second space in the monolith room is "1", why is the first "0"?

Phonomezer
04-15-2012, 05:17 PM

? It's there. I only noticed it when the tree was covered with black holes.

mas4mune
04-15-2012, 05:20 PM
If the second space in the monolith room is "1", why is the first "0"?
just tried the monolith code on the white square or zero in Gomez's world. nada. worth a shot.

Phonomezer
04-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Heart cubes don't seem to be affected by 3D

oI M4TTH3W Io
04-15-2012, 05:39 PM
I haven't seen anyone else think of the monolith in this way, Its just a theory of course and is probably wrong but you never know.. It might help someone lead onto something.

When The monolith first appeared for me, I thought it was a portal and the room itself was a stage for one of those OWL statues.. Why? Because I remember there being an owl statue in the ancient city with the same exact candles around/on it and It kind of looked like it would fit in the monolith room.

Anyway, just a perspective on how I first saw it :)

kreemi
04-15-2012, 05:39 PM
hello, im new here.

just wondering if anyone has translated the book artifact yet? you know, the one with the monolith symbol on the front..

Ive started, but it seems like jibberish. seems like a good place to look though.

zingrook
04-15-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=366208

Phonomezer
04-15-2012, 08:59 PM
http://twitpic.com/9aa1f1

http://s1-05.twitpicproxy.com/photos/full/561460141.jpg?key=478640

http://s1-03.twitpicproxy.com/photos/large/561262544.jpg?key=640478
"Puzzles I'm wrestling with today: taxes and this."

I'm going to assume it's from the tome.

GarciaHotspur
04-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Some guy on Neogaf got it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469335&page=30

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/561460141.jpg?key=478640&Expires=1334524528&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=nD1il3QdWXHT8AUZX2d4pYu3IYiGJhHls6yU1e~I 6uW69~SG-oqoI0BSJcpN58e-e51tPE1cLxmJLvMSvcmI36BDeL85xZGfie380OipE-YjkFrVjYqPfOkrKwP66KLzF855fN9uVEqb73EfTmwVSVp7DaPS h5O8g4zqiEajuxc_

He isn't telling how though...

"I am indeed sworn to secrecy. But apparently the fastest way to the solution is brute force. Makes me sad, I spent a lot of time playing with the Tome in Excel and hunting for concentric circles in the world."

"You mean you just tried every possible combination?

No, I had help from on high. I wonder how long it would take to brute force 5,764,801 permutations, though?"

"I don't think there are in-game clues for it. Unless there's a crypto sequence in the Tome that Phil didn't tell the other devs about."

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Oh man, this is exciting! TC needs to see this, LOL! can't wait for his reaction.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Thrice I say, I hate these abstract puzzles....

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 09:09 PM
More clues...

Random person: honestly the clue about the "13th circle" makes me think of some kind of encryption: so involved!

Person who solved the puzzle: Once you solve it, speak aloud the 64-bit name of G-d!

Random PR: me too :P but you gave me an idea :) have you opened the monolith yourself?

PWSTP: Alli i can say is *puts picture of him finishing the puzzle*

Random PR: I have 201.3%, any tips on the clock's white hand's cube? Its my last and nobody has a clue how to get it. I got the rest legit..

PWSTP: white hand repeats every 48 hours, I think. Got super lucky with the clock, didn't change my settings or nothing

Bit
04-15-2012, 09:26 PM
METATRON in binary is this:

01001101010001010101010001000001010101000101001001 00111101001110

That's the 64-bit name of god.
Does anyone have transcripts of what the other owls are saying?

DARKSAV10R
04-15-2012, 09:27 PM
HEY WAIT A MINUTE

Does anyone else find it weird that this monolith is the only thing in the game that still moves when you enter first person?

I literally just mentioned this to a friend as I noticed everything is more of a "snap shot" of the world while this is still moving!

Dannyboy1186
04-15-2012, 09:28 PM
"Brute force"?, "Opened the monolith"?. Hmm maybe we need to figure out how to open (Break open) something in this game?

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:29 PM
"Brute force"?, "Opened the monolith"?. Hmm maybe we need to figure out how to open (Break open) something in this game?

Like the giant cube?

JSchweck
04-15-2012, 09:38 PM
What if this is a physical fix? Like what if you're in that room and break the game by unsnapping your harddrive, or just unplugging the system? Similar to the switching controller port fix in MGS.

omniscient182
04-15-2012, 09:40 PM
What if this is a physical fix? Like what if you're in that room and break the game by unsnapping your harddrive, or just unplugging the system? Similar to the switching controller port fix in MGS.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk.

Brb trying it.

StolenPaper18
04-15-2012, 09:41 PM

Try it out. See if it works. ;)

Edit: ^lol

Dannyboy1186
04-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Like the giant cube?

Thats what I though but constant rotating the screen in either direction for exessive peroids of time didnt yeild any results.

I keep thinking something is happening but it turns out its just the sound affect of the room getting louder. My mind must be getting desperate.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:42 PM
If that does it...

AgedSpy
04-15-2012, 09:54 PM
This Is A Little Bit Earlier In This Thread But I Noticed That In This Room The Monster They Are Slaying Has Symbols In His Mouth On His Tongue And When He Is Being Boiled The Is 4 Symbols Over It... If This Helps With Anything Just Thought I Would Point That Out...

oI M4TTH3W Io
04-15-2012, 09:55 PM
I think this poses as a definite answer for the solution to the bLack monolith..

"On a similar note, I got the heart cube by flailing on the triggers waiting for the solution to appear properly. So I feel bad about that."

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3478675&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9

At least that seems to be the heart cube he is talking about :/

GarciaHotspur
04-15-2012, 09:58 PM
So I don't know if I just found a glitch or if it has any significance, but I was able to enter then control the giant cube at the start that gives you the Fez and later on glasses. Don't know if anyone else had done this yet or not. Uploading a horrible quality iphone video to youtube right now.

JSchweck
04-15-2012, 10:02 PM
So I don't know if I just found a glitch or if it has any significance, but I was able to enter then control the giant cube at the start that gives you the Fez and later on glasses. Don't know if anyone else had done this yet or not. Uploading a horrible quality iphone video to youtube right now.

I did the same, but it broke my game so I had to go to menu and back.

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 10:04 PM

At this point i think anything helps.

GMM
04-15-2012, 10:04 PM

I did the same, i can upload a direct feed 720p video of it if it has any interest.

A theory of mine would be that there could be clues in the 3D mode.

GarciaHotspur
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
I did the same, i can upload a direct feed 720p video of it if it has any interest.

It happened to me when I was getting the 3d glasses, so there could be. But, I'm guessing you could do it before getting the 3d glasses too. I turned 3d mode off and was still able to control it.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 10:08 PM

Doubt it, since Polytron can't force everyone to have a 3D TV. If you needed a 3DTV to solve the puzzle there... you wouldn't, because Microsoft wouldn't allow it.
it's the same thing with the QR codes, they make things easier but aren't the only way of solving the puzzles.

GMM
04-15-2012, 10:10 PM
One thing that did catch my interest was when you have 3D mode activated and ended the game. The chance of it just being a side-effect of the 3D effect is higher, but it seemed a bit relevant as it made a black shape looking a lot like the monolith.

http://i.imgur.com/1so0b.jpg

Auburok
04-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Doubt it, since Polytron can't force everyone to have a 3D TV. If you needed a 3DTV to solve the puzzle there... you wouldn't, because Microsoft wouldn't allow it.
it's the same thing with the QR codes, they make things easier but aren't the only way of solving the puzzles.

It's Red/Blue stereoscopic 3D, meaning you just need the cheezy glasses rather than a specific TV. Either way, I've already looked in to it. The black monolith just spins like it always does.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 10:11 PM
It's Red/Blue stereoscopic 3D, meaning you just need the cheezy glasses rather than a specific TV. Either way, I've already looked in to it. The black monolith just spins like it always does.

I had cheesy 3D glasses on my nice Vizio flatscreen and the game looked the same through the glasses as it did without.

Auburok
04-15-2012, 10:15 PM
I had cheesy 3D glasses on my nice Vizio flatscreen and the game looked the same through the glasses as it did without.

Works on my Samsung. Turn on stereoscopic mode and bam, the TV is instantly annoying to look at for anyone not wearing red/blue 3D glasses.

GarciaHotspur
04-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Well heres my horrible quality video of the controlling the cube thing:

Fez glitch? Control Giant Cube - YouTube

Basically I just flew up into the cube after the 3d glasses landed on Gomez.

GMM
04-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Yup, i encountered the same thing earlier today and it has to be on purpose, would seem strange if it was a bug that obvious.

IOnEI Falcon
04-15-2012, 10:18 PM
It having something to do with binary is the lead right now...

From neogaf:

- Owl saying "64-bit name of god (METATRON)"
- The observatory cube puzzle used binary code, the other one the name METATRON
- The symbol on the floor of the BM room has the symbols for "0" and "1" in it
- The following tweets, both from people who know the solution for the BM room:

https://twitter.com/#!/treyher/status/191603587992928256 (https://twitter.com/#%21/treyher/status/191603587992928256)
https://twitter.com/#!/Disasterpeace/status/191624848374636545 (https://twitter.com/#%21/Disasterpeace/status/191624848374636545)

GMM
04-15-2012, 10:20 PM
I do like how one guy on Neogaf stole the picture i just posted, oh well.

Edit: Ah, its you Falcon, just thought it was a lurker.

FROMtheASHES984
04-15-2012, 10:24 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Disasterpeace/status/191624848374636545 (https://twitter.com/#%21/Disasterpeace/status/191624848374636545)

It may still have to do with binary, but that binary just says, "Thank you." (I think...)

Auburok
04-15-2012, 10:26 PM
It having something to do with binary is the lead right now...

From neogaf:

- Owl saying "64-bit name of god (METATRON)"
- The observatory cube puzzle used binary code, the other one the name METATRON
- The symbol on the floor of the BM room has the symbols for "0" and "1" in it
- The following tweets, both from people who know the solution for the BM room:

https://twitter.com/#!/treyher/status/191603587992928256 (https://twitter.com/#%21/treyher/status/191603587992928256)

From GameFaqs:

"I wonder how long it would take to brute force 5,764,801 permutations, though? "

5,764,801 is 7^8, so that means we're looking at an 8-button input code (like we suspected), but it also might mean that left and right are used in the code. Or it might not.

You're right, it's actually only 390,625 permutations. Does that actually help, though?

Meaning it's 5^8 inputs. Now, if we only knew which 5 buttons presses and in what order. :P

Bit
04-15-2012, 10:27 PM
It may still have to do with binary, but that binary just says, "Thank you." (I think...)

Yes it does, but that the guy uses binary to communicate at all is what made me think it has some significance.

Bit
04-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Meaning it's 5^8 inputs. Now, if we only knew which 5 buttons presses and in what order. :P

Left and Right are probably excluded, since you have to stand on that certain spot and can't move away. The other code had no L/R either.

GMM
04-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Most likely another glitch, but i can fly around and move around the environment before the cube is able to spin.

http://i.imgur.com/xwIYr.jpg

Auburok
04-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Left and Right are probably excluded, since you have to stand on that certain spot and can't move away. The other code had no L/R either.

That's what I'm guessing. Though, I don't know for sure if standing in a specific spot is required, either. Another comment he left was:

That it contains A is obvious, but why not left or right? Anyway, I didn't think the dev team would be too pissed about reducing the brute force solution set to 400k.

Bit
04-15-2012, 10:31 PM
That's what I'm guessing. Though, I don't know for sure if standing in a specific spot is required, either. Another comment he left was:

Why is A obvious?

Auburok
04-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Why is A obvious?

No idea. This is from the guy that solved it, treyher.

JSchweck
04-15-2012, 10:34 PM
If we were assuming binary, wouldn't it be 2^8 permutations for 256? That seems more reasonable for brute force.

Edit: My bad other things got posted while I was pontificating.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Maybe you need to press certain buttons on the different dots, i.e. press up on them to register it as a binary digit?

GMM
04-15-2012, 10:36 PM
Most likely a far out idea, but has anyone tried plugging a keyboard into the console and entering the binary code?

Auburok
04-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Most likely a far out idea, but has anyone tried plugging a keyboard into the console and entering the binary code?

I don't think that'd do anything. I can't think of any game that uses a keyboard for input. All input from the keyboard is handled by the Xbox dash. I have a chatpad, and even with that I can only use text in textfields handled by the dashboard.

The binary name of god pointed to Metatron. 8 bit characters 8 times, the sixty-four bit name of god. Based off the hints of two people that have finished the puzzle, I think binary is out of the equation. At least actual input-wise.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't think that'd do anything. I can't think of any game that uses a keyboard for input. All input from the keyboard is handled by the Xbox dash. I have a chatpad, and even with that I can only use text in textfields handled by the dashboard.

The binary name of god pointed to Metatron. 8 bit characters 8 times, the sixty-four bit name of god. Based off the hints of two people that have finished the puzzle, I think binary is out of the equation. At least actual input-wise.

Unless 0 is LB and 1 is RB.

FROMtheASHES984
04-15-2012, 10:44 PM
I tried inputting 'Metatron' in binary using the LT as 0 and RT as 1, and vice versa, and no luck.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 10:45 PM
I tried inputting 'Metatron' in binary using the LT as 0 and RT as 1, and vice versa, and no luck.

Well the two squares in the area are 0 and 1. Maybe you jump on them to input code?

Auburok
04-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Unless 0 is LB and 1 is RB.

64 is a much larger number than 8. The hints from people that have solved it have said it's 8 on two different websites. I'm going to go with their hint.

fancymichael
04-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Has anyone noticed this before now? I know there's been posts about the 1-8 squares on the ground but I havent seen this posted yet.

http://cl.ly/1R212K2C0c0B2J442o1y/IMG_1547.jpg

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Owls play a stunningly large role in this game...

GMM
04-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Has anyone noticed this before now? I know there's been posts about the 1-8 squares on the ground but I havent seen this posted yet.

Yeah, i saw those earlier, but i couldnt make anything of it. The end level does seem to have a lot in common with the skull in terms of design.

Z Force Clemson
04-15-2012, 11:47 PM
Has anyone tried translating what all the villagers say in the ancient village?

wizpig64
04-15-2012, 11:49 PM
ancient villagers say things? *boots xbox*

Number 905
04-16-2012, 12:02 AM
They don't say anything interesting outside of the name of the village being Zu.

FROMtheASHES984
04-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Damn! Someone else has solved it! Mr Samutz, tell us your secretz!!

zingrook
04-16-2012, 12:31 AM
How do you know, leaderboards?

IFTHISTHENTHAT
04-16-2012, 12:56 AM

Or what about plugging in a keyboard and pressing "Delete" when the boot up sequence comes up. Like when you adjust the BIOS settings on a real computer.

Krono89
04-16-2012, 02:24 AM
The Monolith input code is an 8 sequence code that does not use left or right, and seems to use some permutation of METATRON. METATRON in binary represents 64bits, and one of the owls makes a reference to the 64-bit name of god. So, in theory, there should be some way to convert METATRON into 5 different actions consisting of: Up, Down, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, and Jump. If you look at the symbols that METATRON consists of, there are only 5 unique symbols. So, it reasons that one could derive a key combination from METATRON.

How you would go about this, I have no clue, but it would make the number of possible permutations greatly reduced, down to 40.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 02:27 AM
The Monolith input code is an 8 sequence code that does not use left or right, and seems to use some permutation of METATRON. METATRON in binary represents 64bits, and one of the owls makes a reference to the 64-bit name of god. So, in theory, there should be some way to convert METATRON into 5 different actions consisting of: Up, Down, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, and Jump. If you look at the symbols that METATRON consists of, there are only 5 unique symbols. So, it reasons that one could derive a key combination from METATRON.

How you would go about this, I have no clue, but it would make the number of possible permutations greatly reduced, down to 40.

Or you jump on the 0 and 1 squares in the room in the right order.

Krono89
04-16-2012, 02:43 AM
Or you jump on the 0 and 1 squares in the room in the right order.

The problem with that is that the game definitely has a window in which you must perform one keypress after another, or the sequence must be restarted. So it's definitely a standard sequence, probably performed over the '1' square. Also remember that the solution would have been on the other half of the burned map, also implying that is a standard sequence.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 02:48 AM
The problem with that is that the game definitely has a window in which you must perform one keypress after another, or the sequence must be restarted. So it's definitely a standard sequence, probably performed over the '1' square. Also remember that the solution would have been on the other half of the burned map, also implying that is a standard sequence.

We can only assume that the rest of the map had the solution. And I think it's just too coincidental that the squares are 0 and 1. If they were labeled 1 and 2, no problem, but 0 and 1 just screams binary input.

wizpig64
04-16-2012, 03:23 AM
Or what about plugging in a keyboard and pressing "Delete" when the boot up sequence comes up. Like when you adjust the BIOS settings on a real computer.

Here's a screenshot of that boot screen from a blurry video i recorded of a NG+ intro.

http://i.imgur.com/q1yF0.png

I don't have the time to sit through this again and mash on the delete or alt-f2 keys at the moment though; fez has not helped me this weekend with my already backlogged homework.

EDIT: regarding dates, keep in mind that this game took 5 years to make.

TheLeggett
04-16-2012, 03:51 AM

It's actually 120 combinations. I can say that this certainly does not seem to be the solution.

http://theleggett.com/metatron.jpg

My hands hurt. Otherwise I'd try the same thing with POLYTRON. Only registered to post here so that no one has to waste time going through this same process. I'm pretty confident that there was no user error.

Rub3z
04-16-2012, 04:00 AM
Hey guys. I made profile just to post about Fez. I'm trying to figure out the black monolith, it's the last thing to solve. But I think I'm on to some... things. Whatever. At this point, lots have surmised that the combo to enter while standing on the other symbol (representing 1) is indeed 8 inputs, and there's 5 different possible inputs for each one (since you can't move from the spot... LT, RT, Up, Dwn, A). That leaves us some 400,000 odd possibilities. Stuff we already know. But anyway, I have some stuff for you guys to think about. The 13 circles is a reference, of course, to this Metatron... the solution to the security question. When you solved it, did you pay attention to the symbols? There's NOT 8 of them. Spell out Metatron in the code and you'll notice it only uses five! Also, 5 + 8 = 13. I'm thinking that in some way the symbols in the block-alphabet code thing making reference to Metatron correspond to a certain button input for the second monolith sequence we're trying to figure out. If this is true, then the first one (also consisting of just 5 different inputs) may give us a clue as to what it is. If you take a look at the monolith code (first one, the one that makes the bloody thing show up) you'll notice that just like the symbols used to spell Metatron, there's one symbol repeated twice and another three times. This could all just be hot air, but... this certainly seems like a reasonable lead, right? At least, much more reasonable than trying all 400,000 combinations...

***EDIT: Woah, okay, this guy above me looks like he's already gone through all the trouble... only I seem to have noticed that the first mono code does have an input repeated twice, and another thrice. I think that's important because for all we know there could be three inputs repeated twice, or even just one input repeated four times.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 04:04 AM
Hey guys. I made profile just to post about Fez. I'm trying to figure out the black monolith, it's the last thing to solve. But I think I'm on to some... things. Whatever. At this point, lots have surmised that the combo to enter while standing on the other symbol (representing 1) is indeed 8 inputs, and there's 5 different possible inputs for each one (since you can't move from the spot... LT, RT, Up, Dwn, A). That leaves us some 400,000 odd possibilities. Stuff we already know. But anyway, I have some stuff for you guys to think about. The 13 circles is a reference, of course, to this Metatron... the solution to the security question. When you solved it, did you pay attention to the symbols? There's NOT 8 of them. Spell out Metatron in the code and you'll notice it only uses five! Also, 5 + 8 = 13. I'm thinking that in some way the symbols in the block-alphabet code thing making reference to Metatron correspond to a certain button input for the second monolith sequence we're trying to figure out. If this is true, then the first one (also consisting of just 5 different inputs) may give us a clue as to what it is. If you take a look at the monolith code (first one, the one that makes the bloody thing show up) you'll notice that just like the symbols used to spell Metatron, there's one symbol repeated twice and another three times. This could all just be hot air, but... this certainly seems like a reasonable lead, right? At least, much more reasonable than trying all 400,000 combinations...

I like the way you think. Also, the owl said something about thirteen circles.

Rub3z
04-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Holy crap guys, I just thought of something... did anyone think of the developers name? PHIL FISH. That's 8 inputs. And I just wrote it out in his language he invented for the game... just like the Metatron example I surmised about in my above post, there's 5 unique symbols making up his name. O_o
*the sound of jaws knocking against the floor*

***EDIT: Also, in accordance with my theorizing above, if it does in fact have something to do with the dev's name and its parallel in-game, then there would be three inputs repeated in the code, twice each.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 04:23 AM
Holy crap guys, I just thought of something... did anyone think of the developers name? PHIL FISH. That's 8 inputs. And I just wrote it out in his language he invented for the game... just like the Metatron example I surmised about in my above post, there's 5 unique symbols making up his name. O_o

Mind, blown, power of power of eight.

TheLeggett
04-16-2012, 04:23 AM

Kind of doubt someone would make their name the solution to the final puzzle in the game.

VorpalHero
04-16-2012, 04:25 AM
That's a crazy coincidence, but I do kind of hope that the solution isn't really "PHIL FISH." I've been expecting something cooler than that!

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 04:25 AM
Kind of doubt someone would make their name the solution to the final puzzle in the game.

Technically it's not the final puzzle, since you can do them in any order.
And what better way to troll your players?

TheLeggett
04-16-2012, 04:31 AM
Technically it's not the final puzzle, since you can do them in any order.
And what better way to troll your players?

Technically yes, though I'd expect the creators to have the foresight to know this (or one of the other red cube puzzles) would be the last ones solved.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 04:32 AM
Technically yes, though I'd expect the creators to have the foresight to know this (or one of the other red cube puzzles) would be the last ones solved.

Or you could solve the three cubes and then go back and do the one-dot totems that people also had trouble with.

mas4mune
04-16-2012, 04:56 AM
this is depressing. am i really to believe you're just supposed to try combos until something works? i've spent over 15 hours researching in this game for this stupid thing. i've racked my brain day and night studying the language and seemingly useless tome. if people unlock it with brute force, fine, but if there's no actual proper clue in the game i am disappoint.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 04:57 AM
this is depressing. am i really to believe you're just supposed to try combos until something works? i've spent over 15 hours researching in this game for this stupid thing. i've racked my brain day and night studying the language and seemingly useless tome. if people unlock it with brute force, fine, but if there's no actual proper clue in the game i am disappoint.

The guy who solved it did say he believed there were no clues in the actual game for solving it, so PHIL FISH or "FISH, PHIL" would fit the bill.

mas4mune
04-16-2012, 05:06 AM
The guy who solved it did say he believed there were no clues in the actual game for solving it, so PHIL FISH or "FISH, PHIL" would fit the bill.
then my motivation is gone. i'll just wait until someone posts the damn thing. i was truly impressed there was a puzzle hard enough to confuse 260k+ people for over 24 hours. oh well.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 05:08 AM
then my motivation is gone. i'll just wait until someone posts the damn thing. i was truly impressed there was a puzzle hard enough to confuse 260k+ people for over 24 hours. oh well.

One troll to troll them all.

mas4mune
04-16-2012, 05:10 AM
One troll to troll them all.
you're not wrong. i thought Fish being a douche was irrelevant since the game was so good, but now i'm not so sure.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 05:12 AM
you're not wrong. i thought Fish being a douche was irrelevant since the game was so good, but now i'm not so sure.

What's everyone's problem with him, anyway?

mas4mune
04-16-2012, 05:18 AM
What's everyone's problem with him, anyway?
"But when he asked what the panel thought of modern Japanese video games, Phil Fish immediately replied “your games just suck” – a comment that sparked an audible reaction from the crowd, though some were cheering.
Others looked on awkwardly as the Japanese developer was then subjected to a string criticisms about game design flaws in his native country. The developer nevertheless thanked the panel for their response and returned to his seat."
he later said it was blown out of proportion and he doesn't hate all modern japanese games and he could have used more tact. yada yada PR.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 05:20 AM
"But when he asked what the panel thought of modern Japanese video games, Phil Fish immediately replied “your games just suck” – a comment that sparked an audible reaction from the crowd, though some were cheering.
Others looked on awkwardly as the Japanese developer was then subjected to a string criticisms about game design flaws in his native country. The developer nevertheless thanked the panel for their response and returned to his seat."
he later said it was blown out of proportion and he doesn't hate all modern japanese games and he could have used more tact. yada yada PR.

I also checked his twitter, doesn't seem like a friendly guy.

mas4mune
04-16-2012, 05:22 AM
I also checked his twitter, doesn't seem like a friendly guy.
yeah. the definition of 'too cool for school'. but, hey, this game is amazing, so, like i said, i was willing to look past it.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 05:23 AM
yeah. the definition of 'too cool for school'. but, hey, this game is amazing, so, like i said, i was willing to look past it.

Good thing I don't care because the game is totally worth it.

seiibutsu
04-16-2012, 09:55 AM
just if this is any help i just collected a few of the suggested word answers and converted them into binary code to save people trouble later.

metatron -

01101101011001010111010001100001011101000111001001 10111101101110

philfish (no gaps) -

01110000011010000110100101101100011001100110100101 11001101101000

polytron -

01110000011011110110110001111001011101000111001001 10111101101110

oh and just for a laugh

gomez -

also i dont know if anyone finds this of use at all, but i did a little search on "13 circles" and threw this up http://www.charlesgilchrist.com/SGEO/CX4811.html

so yes. god and all that still the most likely answer or path to it.

seiibutsu
04-16-2012, 10:03 AM
also as another fin little side note, what with the whole 2001 thing going on here, looking into the film (and more importantly its subsequent follow up) theres a referance to the russians calling the black monolith "Zagadka" (from the Russian word for "enigma", "mystery", or "riddle").

bloody right.

seiibutsu
04-16-2012, 10:16 AM
oh lastly over on game faqs someone solved the tomb but it doesnt seem to have any direct clue to the monolith

located here. http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961239-fez/62556565?page=1

-
translation as it stands now

From out of nowhere
Impossible visitors
Our benefactors

Watching over us
In the hidden folds of space
In front of behind

Give the golden gift
A deep revelation
Our eyes wide open

Shapes to tesselate
With sacred geometry
An empire to build

A new perspective
Things unseen(s) but always there
A new direction

The hexahedron
The sixty four bit name of God
The point of origin

A pattern a code
A deep understanding
A gate to the stars

All of time and space
And the space outside of space
where does it end?

mas4mune
04-16-2012, 10:20 AM
i see i wasted my time translating it myself. :P
oh well. seems completely unrelated.
when the tome read gibberish to me, the first thing i did was try the first letters from every page, not considering there may be an order somewhere. sigh. coulda had this days ago.

Auburok
04-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Well, the achievement description was correct about the book. Looks like it's more about back story. Phil said you didn't need to translate anything to get everything in the game, but hopefully there's some sort of clue. I kind of doubt it, really, but it's cool to have solid information about the story.

He also had apologized to him, and he accepted, but you don't read about that, either. Inafune likes Phil Fish for the same reasons everyone else is complaining about him.

seiibutsu
04-16-2012, 11:55 AM
I have the worst feeling we're all over thinking this and it'll be some really stupid answer that's been there right in front of us the whole time.

Or something stupid like it being tied to the system clock or something.

GYAVAN
04-16-2012, 12:19 PM
Like what?

Black monolith refers to 2001: Space Odyssey, so you're supposed to put your 360 off-line and turn it clock back to 2001, something like that?

> stupid idea actually, xbox 360 clock begins in 2005, forget about that.

seiibutsu
04-16-2012, 12:20 PM
Like what?

Black monolith refers to 2001: Space Odyssey, so you're supposed to put your 360 off-line and turn it clock back to 2001, something like that?

lol. that would be hilarious

uiki
04-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Something weird...

I was outside the red cube room, on the pyramid island with the three on top of it....and a black hole covered the exact shape of the three....but inside the black hole there's the concentric square pattern (5 squares = 5 digits?) that keep blinking superfast...

Has anyone experience it?

Sorry for my english >_>

edit: actually, it's the three that has that pattern, the blackhole it's just covering it...

LimboBimbo
04-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Might not actually be anything towards the solution, but who knows?

You know the weird door the the double cube symbol on them (the same on that is on one of the maps), how many of them are there in the game? Could they be a route somewhere when entered in the right order (for example the page order from the tome)? Or could they have something to do with the cube pattern on the floors (eight of them right?)? Just brainstorming here, but you'll never know with this game.

uiki
04-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Might not actually be anything towards the solution, but who knows?

You know the weird door the the double cube symbol on them (the same on that is on one of the maps), how many of them are there in the game? Could they be a route somewhere when entered in the right order (for example the page order from the tome)? Or could they have something to do with the cube pattern on the floors (eight of them right?)? Just brainstorming here, but you'll never know with this game.

I thought about the doors too...

The concentric squares are painted all around the world (8, i think you're right), if you look in first person view....it's the same pattern as the map, but what if they are not squares?

I mean (just thinking out loud), what if that's some sort of pyramid view from the top?

Also, the neon building has nearly the same structure of the burnt map..and on the roof there's the polytron/half map symbol...

On an other crazy mind trip, i went to the boiler room, the one in the very first village....the letters in there says "x,y,z"...at first i thought at some sort of map coordinates (you can easily navigate the map by that 3 infos), but i was unable to come up with something concrete =/

mas4mune
04-16-2012, 02:42 PM
the skull still confuses me. it's well hidden and does nothing. that makes no sense. what does it do? how can it be used? WHY ARE THERE THREE HOLES ON THE BOTTOM? my head hurts.

uiki
04-16-2012, 03:03 PM
the skull still confuses me. it's well hidden and does nothing. that makes no sense. what does it do? how can it be used? WHY ARE THERE THREE HOLES ON THE BOTTOM? my head hurts.

i thought that's a pattern...

I don't remember in which village you can see it, but if you go to the room with 16 doors and 4 sides (the one to resolve with 4 maps), you can see it. It's the vertical one with a square on top and a = symbol ....and then under it there's a line and 3 dots.
I think that's the base of the skull, like a mark.

mas4mune
04-16-2012, 03:24 PM
i thought that's a pattern...

I don't remember in which village you can see it, but if you go to the room with 16 doors and 4 sides (the one to resolve with 4 maps), you can see it. It's the vertical one with a square on top and a = symbol ....and then under it there's a line and 3 dots.
I think that's the base of the skull, like a mark.
it's also the same configuration of the eyes on the visitors. thing is, besides the picture of the skull in the boiler room, there is no being with three eyes in a straight line in this world.

GMM
04-16-2012, 05:35 PM
Considering the clock puzzle, could the solution to the monolith be based on a certain date? 2001: A Space Odyssey could have some kind of important date attached to it?

Considering all the other things people are doing, we must be missing something.

GYAVAN
04-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Already said, but the xbox 360 internal calendar begins in 2005...

GMM
04-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Already said, but the xbox 360 internal calendar begins in 2005...

2001 might not be the date at all, there could be other dates in one form or another, such as a date with time stamp, rather then a year.

GMM
04-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Hmm, i think the time on the Xbox might have something to say. I changed the time on my Xbox and the camera changed when i restarted the game in the room with the monolith, resulting in the camera locking in closely to Gomez.

http://i.minus.com/ijyqxGLVCQEXY.png

uiki
04-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Hmm, i think the time on the Xbox might have something to say. I changed the time on my Xbox and the camera changed when i restarted the game in the room with the monolith, resulting in the camera locking in closely to Gomez.

http://i.minus.com/ijyqxGLVCQEXY.png

The same happened to me and a bunch of my friends on random location and random % of the game...i think that it's simply a bug.

GMM
04-16-2012, 06:27 PM
The same happened to me and a bunch of my friends on random location and random % of the game...i think that it's simply a bug.

Maybe, but it seems a bit strange. Reloading the same save with the Xbox signed in to Xbox Live defaults it back to the ordinary camera. I will try to set the clock again and see if the same happens.

Edit: After changing the clock on the Xbox, the camera is once more zoomed in on Gomez, the clock change seems to trigger the zoomed camera.

GYAVAN
04-16-2012, 06:37 PM
... then try 20:01 ! ^^

Scapetti
04-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Okay, I just registered on this site to stop people thinking you have to change your system clock. Not only is this ridiculous as it means signing out off xbox live. But the only reason it zooms in is because you ended the game while in the monolith room. Then when you restart it is zoomed in.

I just started my game and it was zoomed in, I left and then re-entered the room and it was back to normal. I did not change my time! Simply a bug due to exiting the game while in that room. Please don't think any more of it!

GMM
04-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Okay, I just registered on this site to stop people thinking you have to change your system clock. Not only is this ridiculous as it means signing out off xbox live. But the only reason it zooms in is because you ended the game while in the monolith room. Then when you restart it is zoomed in.

I just started my game and it was zoomed in, I left and then re-entered the room and it was back to normal. I did not change my time! Simply a bug due to exiting the game while in that room. Please don't think any more of it!

Yup, it seems like a bug, but the strange thing is that the camera responds differently when logged out of Xbox Live and continuing from the Monolith room, then loading the same place signed into live.

AzumAWarrior
04-16-2012, 06:47 PM
I posted this on another forum, but I laid out all the circles on the ground in one image, hopefully there's some visibility here that someone will take this and solve the monolith with it. It is not a QR code.

http://i.imgur.com/l7ohd.png

GYAVAN
04-16-2012, 06:49 PM
I dunno if changing your system clock is ridiculous, but you better do it to collect the 4 anti-cubes of the ClockTower riddle, so...

Scapetti
04-16-2012, 06:55 PM
I dunno if changing your system clock is ridiculous, but you better do it to collect the 4 anti-cubes of the ClockTower riddle, so...

You definitely don't have to do that though, I only did it for one of the cubes which I found out I could have easily got at midday the next day if I played then.

GYAVAN
04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Of course you don't, but when you can only play 1 or 2h a day because you're working, it's a little complicated.

Whatever, let's find the solution of this damned monolith!

zim456123
04-16-2012, 07:14 PM
I JUST FOUND THIS

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/042/6/0/256_by_phishy.jpg

look at the box HEART!

http://phishy.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0#/d2jjcpd

From Phish's Deviantart! it is for www.kokoromi.org and the logo consists of 8 digits!

http://www.kokoromi.org/mastheads/masthead13.jpg
http://www.kokoromi.org/mastheads/masthead6.jpg
http://www.kokoromi.org/mastheads/masthead20.jpg

LETS SOLVE THIS!

TheLeggett
04-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Considering the clock puzzle, could the solution to the monolith be based on a certain date? 2001: A Space Odyssey could have some kind of important date attached to it?

Like others have pointed out, the Xbox system date starts at 2005. However, there are a number of similarities to 2001: A Space Odyssey and FEZ. An alien race visiting other life forms and bestowing knowledge/assisted evolution. In the novel adaption of 2001, the monolith is the means for giving intelligence to lower life forms. Perhaps the black monolith in FEZ is somehow symbollic of 2D creatures being given the 3rd dimension.

There are other similarities. The stargate. Part of the first ending scene bares a close resemblance (in my opinion) to the stargate scene in 2001 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ou6JNQwPWE0#t=143s).

No clue if there's really a connection here or it's all just wishful thinking. How any of it would actually apply to solving this puzzle is beyond me. It may have nothing at all to do with the game.

*scratches head*

FrogInTheStreet
04-16-2012, 07:37 PM
I JUST FOUND THIS

look at the box HEART!

From Phish's Deviantart! it is for www.kokoromi.org and the logo consists of 8 digits!

LETS SOLVE THIS!

Nice find. Maybe the symbols under the heart represents a button press. It would make sense with what we already know about the code. 5 different symbols=5 different buttons, and its 8 symbols long.

TheLeggett
04-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Nice find. Maybe the symbols under the heart represents a button press. It would make sense with what we already know about the code. 5 different symbols=5 different buttons, and its 8 symbols long.

Seems like a stretch, but I like that there are 5 letters, and the symbol matches the heart shape.

Edit: And "Experiment" would be an apt way to describe the process for solving this puzzle if this turns out to be the key.

I'm trying all 120 permutations now.

uiki
04-16-2012, 07:46 PM
I JUST FOUND THIS

look at the box HEART!

LETS SOLVE THIS!

holy shit..this is something.

Krizzek
04-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Haven't read anything about the morse code yet, so I'll say something:

in the observatory when you look through the telescope and then press start, the game f#cks up your menu and writes 2 lines in morse code. Unfortunately I can't make a screenshot now.
I also wasn't able to translate it, all came out was gibberish.

zim456123
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Seems like a stretch, but I like that there are 5 letters, and the symbol matches the heart shape.

Edit: And "Experiment" would be an apt way to describe the process for solving this puzzle if this turns out to be the key.

I'm trying all 120 permutations now.

I am assuming that you are trying them while standing on the "one" square.

Good luck!

Also, Kokoromi was the original dev working on FEZ and Polytron took over in 2008-2009, and Kokoromi's logo is a 3 cube heart.

Auburok
04-16-2012, 08:11 PM
holy shit..this is something.

This is the indie game collective. Gamma is their game showing. Phil made the promotional art, because he's part of the Kokoromi Collective. Kokoromi's logo tends to be the heart that Phil designed and used in Fez.

I think this is a dead lead.

EDIT: Zim beat me to it.

zim456123
04-16-2012, 08:14 PM
wouldn't the fact that the logo is the same, there is a history between the devs, and KOKOROMI has 5 symbols and is 8 characters long make is more likely to be connected?

I think it could be a very real lead.

Auburok
04-16-2012, 08:19 PM
wouldn't the fact that the logo is the same, there is a history between the devs, and KOKOROMI has 5 symbols and is 8 characters long make is more likely to be connected?

I think it could be a very real lead.

I don't think so. Not by what the sound devs told the one guy that asked for help. If it was that obvious, there probably would have been some mentioning of it. Ygg said that it was mostly a "brute force" thing, since the sound devs had no idea what the clues to the code were, just what the code was.

uiki
04-16-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't think so. Not by what the sound devs told the one guy that asked for help. If it was that obvious, there probably would have been some mentioning of it. Ygg said that it was mostly a "brute force" thing, since the sound devs had no idea what the clues to the code were, just what the code was.

He said that he doesn't know if there are any hint in the game to point toward the monolith solution..

And the kokoromi link also explain why another indie guy was able to solve it, while 30k+ people are still struggling..

kokoromi was the first developer of fez, polytron is just fish and the tech guy (forgot his name) continuing the project...so it made sense that the heart cube is kokoromi symbol (and somehow connected to the solution).

Don't know, i'm just shooting in the dark, i really need to turn off fez XD

(and again, sorry for my english)

Has anyone tried "enoch" for the solution?

Auburok
04-16-2012, 08:28 PM
He said that he doesn't know if there are any hint in the game to point toward the monolith solution..

And the kokoromi link also explain why another indie guy was able to solve it, while 30k+ people are still struggling..

Don't know, i'm just shooting in the dark, i really need to turn off fez XD

Well, treyher also solved it, and showed the tome in his twitter when he accomplished this. I'm not so sure he was as desperate as digging in to two year old Kokoromi links to find the answer. Fez has been rebuilt three times. Can't even say any of the coding survived the Kokoromi phase.

Even the tome doesn't seem to lead anywhere after being translated (without additional cypher things been taking in to consideration). At this point, everything's conjecture aside from the 5^8 hint.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 08:36 PM
So, i am currently playing the game and will take a photo of any symbol or interesting texts on the wall so that more people wouldnt need to go back and forth but instead see and read.

I also got a hold of two owls but the other two i forgot to write what they said because i didn't know shit about how deep this game is, lol.

Anyways one owl said this " Point of origin after and beyond " the other said " Hexahedron, octahedron, dodecahedron. Her sacred geometry "

uiki
04-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Well, treyher also solved it, and showed the tome in his twitter when he accomplished this. I'm not so sure he was as desperate as digging in to two year old Kokoromi links to find the answer. Fez has been rebuilt three times. Can't even say any of the coding survived the Kokoromi phase.

Even the tome doesn't seem to lead anywhere after being translated (without additional cypher things been taking in to consideration). At this point, everything's conjecture aside from the 5^8 hint.

Well, kokoromi is well known in the indie scene...so it makes sense that a indie dev was already aware about that heart.

I mean, they rebuilt fez 3 times, but still they leave a direct reference to kokoromi (5^8).

What I really mean is that's the first time since the monolith was discovered that we have some sort of clue, even a little and vague one.....maybe it's not worth it, but personally i think that's better dig in this than brute force tons of random buttons..

JSchweck
04-16-2012, 08:47 PM
So, i am currently playing the game and will take a photo of any symbol or interesting texts on the wall so that more people wouldnt need to go back and forth but instead see and read.

I also got a hold of two owls but the other two i forgot to write what they said because i didn't know shit about how deep this game is, lol.

Anyways one owl said this " Point of origin after and beyond " the other said " Hexahedron, octahedron, dodecahedron. Her sacred geometry "

6 ,8, 12. Could it be something to do with those? Let's get mathematical in this bitch.

GCF is 2, so that's nothing, LCM is 24, which would yield 2,3,4 as the multipliers. Point of origin and beyond, if using the multipliers would yield a simple y=x or possible y=abs(x), while using the actual 6,8,12 would yield a polynomial (if we assume we are using consistent y intervals between steps) of y=x^3 - 26x^2 +216x -576. I dont know how any of this will help at all. Only other thing I could think of is hexadecimal notation, but I don't see how someone could guess through that with brute force.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 09:11 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2d6pbhs.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/34xgboz.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/kdmvkp.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/mkghom.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/33w8wzk.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ppm2za.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2501ki9.jpg

Will post more pics if i got by anything interesting. I didn't finish the game yet, taking my time with it so i thought of taking pics so you guys wont need to go back and forth to read or see something.

Sojobo
04-16-2012, 09:15 PM
A lot of the owls clues seem to point to Metatron's cube. This link in particular seems to point to the relation between said cube, Dot (your 4d companion of sorts who's constantly rotating), and the 0-3 correlation on the school's wall (where 0d is a point, 1d is a line, 2d is a square or plane, and 3d represented as 2 planes). http://www.in5d.com/god-metatron-and-enoch.html

The "hexahedron, octahedron, and dodecahedron" can all be formed from within the Metatroton's cube, which in turn is basely form from "13 [concentric] circles".

Based on this, it appears that all of the owls comments directly relate to this "sacred geometry" ("the point of origin, after and beyond" might refer to the points in the centers of the circles used to form all of the hedrons)

A lot of the owl's text seems to be rehashed in the book of zu too.

How this relates to the 64 bit name of god, I'm still hammering away.:confused:

However there is a link between Metatron and the name of god "adonai" (or possibly "IAHDONAI" to get 8 letters)

Further headbanging can be found here: http://unfolding.apperceptual.com/

You'll find especially more mathematical mapping of the 4d cube, how it relates to tesserecting (the wormhole mechanic that's subtlety hinted at throughout the game and it's ability to move from one dimension or area to the next), and even on of the diagrams used for the block puzzles (located near the top of the page).

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 09:20 PM
I got this feeling that the solution is so easy but we try to look into it so hard. It always turns out like that with these kinds of puzzle. I am hoping the solution for this will be some mind fucking awesomeness.

TheLeggett
04-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Finished trying the 120 different permutations of KOKOROMI. Nothing.

zim456123
04-16-2012, 09:33 PM
damn, well thank you very much for trying man.

This is driving me insane...

AzumAWarrior
04-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Been messing around with my crop circle images more, here's what I got so far, I'm going to work so hopefully someone cleans this up before I get back.

http://azuma.imgur.com/all/

Sojobo
04-16-2012, 09:47 PM
I got this feeling that the solution is so easy but we try to look into it so hard. It always turns out like that with these kinds of puzzle. I am hoping the solution for this will be some mind fucking awesomeness.

Well I'm sure part of the puzzle (the easy part) is knowing the 64 bit name of God that is mentioned by the owls and the book. Getting there and finding it is the hard part (which correlates to the religious doctrine that no one knows the true name of god, though it's hinted at mathematically)

From the pics you captured, the first few depict the building, completion and destruction of the star gate that can be found once you get at least 32 cubes (in an alternate area or time, you find the star gate destroyed and covered in black space vacuum cubes).

The text is translated thusly:
"The points constellate, conspire to create shapes, shapes to tessellate."
"All of time and space, and the space outside of space, does it ever end?"

uiki
04-16-2012, 09:50 PM
"All of time and space, and the space outside of space, does it ever end?"

The ending "haiku" from the tome...hmm.

got99probl3ms
04-16-2012, 09:52 PM
i feel like the internet is thinking too hard and the answer is much simpler than we think it is...i tried stuff like the konami code.. up up down down lt rt lt rt a.

i wonder if theres any allusion to another game with codes like this we could steal from?

metroid? castlevania? mario?? idk

i also thought bc of a twitpic that the one page in the tome was really a floppy disk. so i pressed A thinking this would give me something but it doesn't do anything

Nquoid
04-16-2012, 09:52 PM
From the pics you captured, the first few depict the building, completion and destruction of the star gate that can be found once you get at least 32 cubes (in an alternate area or time, you find the star gate destroyed and covered in black space vacuum cubes).

Is that the room where the black hole squares cover up most of the room or am spacing on something really obvious?

Sojobo
04-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Is that the room where the black hole squares cover up most of the room or am spacing on something really obvious?
Yeah I believe there's initially 2 bits in there that you can get, but it looks like a globe frame with a black morass covering up most of the middle part (and it never disappears like the others do). I noticed that area looks very similar to the area you unlock that's populated by larger headed versions of 'people' (it has the throne room, owl room, stargate room, etc) where you go after you get 32 cubes.

My theory is that area is a past version of the more dilapidated future version with the destroyed star gate.

Nquoid
04-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah I believe there's initially 2 bits in there that you can get, but it looks like a globe frame with a black morass covering up most of the middle part (and it never disappears like the others do). I noticed that area looks very similar to the area you unlock that's populated by larger headed versions of 'people' (it has the throne room, owl room, stargate room, etc) where you go after you get 32 cubes.

My theory is that area is a past version of the more dilapidated future version with the destroyed star gate.

Which section of this game is this in? Think I'm thinking of a different area. Want to go check this out whilst I ponder on this monolith...

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah, i currently have 27 cubes and 27 anti cubes. I am taking my time with the game but since i know about the monolith, i said to myself why dont i just take a picture of anything i see as a reference to this thread so you guys wont have to go back and see just to be sure of something so, that's what i am going to do.

Sojobo
04-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Which section of this game is this in? Think I'm thinking of a different area. Want to go check this out whilst I ponder on this monolith...

It's on of the main warp gate areas, that leads off to the library and observatory. Around the actual warp gate area itself are smaller rooms. The ruined star gate is behind a door that looks like a destroyed 32 cube door. (you'll also find the completed QR code in one of the rooms as well, whereas in the past their just putting it up on the wall.)

Nquoid
04-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Looking up other names for God, but only really getting Yahweh and Jehovah, neither of which are 8 characters long, so I'm guessing nothing can be done with them. Unless we put them in binary? But that's not 64 characters.

Shinobic
04-16-2012, 10:26 PM
"monolith" is 8 characters lol...

Sojobo
04-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Looking up other names for God, but only really getting Yahweh and Jehovah, neither of which are 8 characters long, so I'm guessing nothing can be done with them. Unless we put them in binary? But that's not 64 characters.

Same, best I could find was Adonai (which google translate turned from hebrew to english as Iahdonai) since it related to Metatron, but that didn't seem to work as well.

I'm pretty sure the answer will be in binary (and therefore a combination of LT and RT) based on the pattern below the monolith. in the center of the loops of the "8" shape are the world's representations for 1 and 0 (a cube with a dash and a cube with nothing). I believe it's a 1 and not a 2, 3, or 4 due to the position of facing it on the ground, and when viewing what can be seen of the burnt map (when looking at the ground the 0 will be in the top left of the screen, and the 1 will be lower left).

Sojobo
04-16-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the answer will be in binary (and therefore a combination of LT and RT) based on the pattern below the monolith. in the center of the loops of the "8" shape are the world's representations for 1 and 0 (a cube with a dash and a cube with nothing). I believe it's a 1 and not a 2, 3, or 4 due to the position of facing it on the ground, and when viewing what can be seen of the burnt map (when looking at the ground the 0 will be in the top left of the screen, and the 1 will be lower left).

Another added thought, might be we need to stand on the "1" section and enter in another code to unlock the monolith... (where we were directed to stand on the '0' to make it appear in the first place). Going to go play around with that....

Natz
04-16-2012, 10:35 PM
It already Says 6 people on this site have 200gs for the game so either someones figured or people have hacked gamerscore?

Nquoid
04-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Another added thought, might be we need to stand on the "1" section and enter in another code to unlock the monolith... (where we were directed to stand on the '0' to make it appear in the first place). Going to go play around with that....

That's what I've been doing with a whole bunch of binary things. None seem to be working at the moment. 64 characters seems a bit much though. Especially if it's going to fit on the treasure map. So it should be only 8 if it was on the map, but hasn't someone brute forced every combination of 8 from up, down, a, RB and LB? (taking into account that the other side didn't use left or right to keep you in the centre)

Shinobic
04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
No, it's because the heart cubes are not required for 200g. I'm at 64 cubes, and 2 red cubes

agc8602
04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
It already Says 6 people on this site have 200gs for the game so either someones figured or people have hacked gamerscore?

I have 200gs. It's not part of it. For 200gs, all you need to do is get all the artifacts, cubes, and anti-cubes. This other stuff, including the monolith, is extra.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 10:40 PM
More pics.

http://i43.tinypic.com/34eaogy.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/211rocj.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/14liipk.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/30j36tj.jpg

Z Force Clemson
04-16-2012, 10:43 PM
You know, if the sound guy did this purely from memory, without there being any clue and it not being written down anywhere on the internet, surely the code must be incredibly easy to remember. I mean, sure, he could have had it written down somewhere from the development process, I guess...

Anyone try the Konami code in any way shape or form? That would be a wonderful little tribute, and easy to remember.

Shinobic
04-16-2012, 10:44 PM
just wondering: is the ability to fly a glitch? I mean, the thing with 4 times "up" then "jump". This is really weird

madninjaskillz
04-16-2012, 10:45 PM

I have 200g's and haven't sussed it - i have 2 of the three heart cubes and the monolith room is still saying there is a secret. I think they knew this puzzle was evil enough to not be achievement material...

My personal opinion is that in that room there are 2 sets of crop circles - numbered 0 and 1 - and elsewhere there are crop circles with increasing numbers of circles - seems related. not sure how, but its the only thing that makes sense to me.

Shinobic
04-16-2012, 10:50 PM
someone just found the solution it seems!!!!

http://www.giantbomb.com/fez/61-24768/how-to-complete-the-monolith-room/35-543448/

omniscient182
04-16-2012, 10:51 PM
someone just found the solution it seems!!!!

http://www.giantbomb.com/fez/61-24768/how-to-complete-the-monolith-room/35-543448/

He was lying

Natz
04-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Ah ok Im guessing im just missing the grey clock cube then :p my bad! I've been looking on the internet for possible answers ive tryed puting the code to make it appear in backwards but no luck

Shinobic
04-16-2012, 10:53 PM
no sorry it's bullshit. whan i saw the first lines i jumped...In a moment where nobody had found the solution, it's easy to be tricked

uiki
04-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Everybody ignore my first message. Somebody trolled on my logged in computer in my game dev office, took a bunch of sources from other sources, and pieced them together into one cuz he got bored of doing brute force that all of us have been doing on our break. :P

So yeah, it really is just an eight button code. I asked Phil Fish's programmer. And those square things were originally meant to be secret QR codes, but now they're just easter eggs that go along with those Tome Haikus. Nothing more.

that's ingloriousthomas....not sure if i want to believe in this.

Sojobo
04-16-2012, 10:56 PM
That's what I've been doing with a whole bunch of binary things. None seem to be working at the moment. 64 characters seems a bit much though. Especially if it's going to fit on the treasure map. So it should be only 8 if it was on the map, but hasn't someone brute forced every combination of 8 from up, down, a, RB and LB? (taking into account that the other side didn't use left or right to keep you in the centre)

64 bit = 8 8-bit ascii characters converted to binary. Metatron would work perfectly, but I think we've all tried that one to death, unless we're doing it wrong somehow. It could have very well have had the name in alpha printed out on the back of the map that was burnt (whether it was done by the people who built the star gate intentionally or not is up for speculation).

With the 7 input commands we can choose from (up down left right, LT RT and A) I'm not sure how a 64 bit name could easily/logically be broken down into a combination of them, plus having had to input strictly RT and LT combinations from the QR codes, it stands to reason the end puzzle could be another (longer for the sake of number of permutations to keep it hidden) sequence of LT and RT, or binary.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not completely ruling out a sequence of ^ v < > A LT RT, but I haven't seen much of a reasonable explanation that correllates the letters, to 64 bits, to the 7 button inputs. The binary just makes more sense given the evidence. (and I could very well be eating some red herring for dinner)

There's also the 8 large letters on the back pages in the book that seem to spell out PAEAEBUB too, though I'm still playing around with them a bit.

Brantis
04-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Maybe Tesseract...i mean, they do show one on the loading screen..and that is the name for a Hypercube. Hypercube however is not limited to a 4th dimendional cube. However, tesseract is limited to the 4th dimension, it also goes by the name "8-cell". But its 9 characters long :/

Idk if this is helpful, but I have a little knowledge on this subject...im just not sure what is tied to the game lol.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 11:01 PM
"Time and space - does it ever end?"
The symbol in the room is the infinity symbol.
Not sure if that's significant, but feel free to speculate. It's not like we're doing anything but grasping at straws at this point.

Sojobo
04-16-2012, 11:10 PM
"Time and space - does it ever end?"
The symbol in the room is the infinity symbol.
Not sure if that's significant, but feel free to speculate. It's not like we're doing anything but grasping at straws at this point.

It's also the same symbol seen on a lot of the "short cut" doors too.

Natz
04-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Could it be be in the temble area with the rooms that you cant change dimention in? i noticed some sahpes appear on the blank wall during the day

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Could it be be in the temble area with the rooms that you cant change dimention in? i noticed some sahpes appear on the blank wall during the day

They're just tetris pieces and likely don't have any connection to the puzzle we want to solve. You can see the tetris shapes in the backgrounds of many other areas of the game, including the monolith room.

Nquoid
04-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Turns out only one person has still even finished the game http://samutz.com/lifestream/items/view/212/fez-and-the-monolith

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Turns out only one person has still even finished the game http://samutz.com/lifestream/items/view/212/fez-and-the-monolith

...no.

That guy discovered a bug to give him a hundred illegitimate anti-cubes.

Two people have solved this puzzle, one person is the sound guy and the other had help from the devs.

Nquoid
04-16-2012, 11:30 PM
...no.

That guy discovered a bug to give him a hundred illegitimate anti-cubes.

Two people have solved this puzzle, one person is the sound guy and the other had help from the devs.

So how come only two people have 212.5%? Or is the final score 209.4% and treyher got that glitched 33rd anti-cube?

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 11:31 PM
So how come only two people have 212.5%? Or is the final score 209.4% and treyher got that glitched 33rd anti-cube?

I did say two people solved this puzzle. Treyher is the one who had help from the devs. Both of them are legit.

Moltenpanther
04-16-2012, 11:33 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ah9p3c.jpg

Found this square on the very top of the Home area.

Natz
04-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Sorry for posting so much im really wanting to figure this out! I have only have the grey clock to get and I have all cubes so the rooms that are not gold yet in my game are the clock tower, Monolith room and the tree and for some reason the the room with the one way teleporter past the windmill... anyone have a clue about that it doesnt say I have anything else to find in that room

Also what is beyond the tree room that needs all cubes to get into?

Nquoid
04-16-2012, 11:36 PM
I did say two people solved this puzzle. Treyher is the one who had help from the devs. Both of them are legit.

But the second guy is Mr Samutz, who on his blog confirmed that he hasn't actually done it. BeeMickSee is the audio guy right? And he only has 209.4%

Aksh0le
04-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Sorry for posting so much im really wanting to figure this out! I have only have the grey clock to get and I have all cubes so the rooms that are not gold yet in my game are the clock tower, Monolith room and the tree and for some reason the the room with the one way teleporter past the windmill... anyone have a clue about that it doesnt say I have anything else to find in that room

Also what is beyond the tree room that needs all cubes to get into?
Off topic, but I'll give you a hand as that was my last non-gold besides the monolith.

Rotate the tree with X&RT/LT until there is a door to enter in the middle. go in, get to the top of that room and enter the next door, done all gold.

Fenrakk101
04-16-2012, 11:43 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ah9p3c.jpg

Found this square on the very top of the Home area.

nothing new. There are a few of these scattered throughout the world.

Moltenpanther
04-16-2012, 11:45 PM
nothing new. There are a few of these scattered throughout the world.

I keep finding squares inside of squares, increasing, at various locations. Do we just think they mean nothing?

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 11:47 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/1trfdl.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/1zx1347.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/9aadds.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/20kw46.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/14bug6o.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/35jbbdy.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zrp6i9.jpg

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Even more

http://i43.tinypic.com/sy8pxy.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/145htw.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/33moebb.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/sc8g93.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/14yaok.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/r72144.jpg

Sojobo
04-16-2012, 11:55 PM
The neon signs don't say much, one says "work" the other "Zu Good", and the longer one says "watch out for black holes"

http://i40.tinypic.com/14bug6o.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/35jbbdy.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zrp6i9.jpg

The first of these 3 pics is a base setup for making QR Codes most likely, the latter 2 however are big keys to figuring out the number system used in game. Nothing that really pertains directly the monolith though.

ll X ll
04-16-2012, 11:55 PM
Before entering the room in the last pictures. I entered a room with a statue of an owl, when i examined it, it said " Hear the owls, see their effigy, assemble the parliament. "

Don't know if it helps but hey, everything can come to use. Maybe i can't see it but someone else might.

uiki
04-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Even more

hmm..i wonder what's the meaning to those 2 columns of numbers...

got99probl3ms
04-17-2012, 12:00 AM
That had nothing to do with this..its to bring the four owls together in the underworld to open the door but u can trick it into letting you through

Sojobo
04-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Even more

http://i40.tinypic.com/145htw.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/33moebb.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/sc8g93.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/14yaok.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/r72144.jpg

First and 2nd pics: More number system clues, complete with artifact diagram

The latter few pics depict the people before, being visited by the aliens, who gave them the star gate and how it changed them (in the order 1, 4, 3, 2) as my best guess.

ll X ll
04-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Since people have translated the book artifact, is there anything useful in it? not even one thing? lol

Sojobo
04-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Since people have translated the book artifact, is there anything useful in it? not even one thing? lol

There's some potential, specifically I think in the sections:

The hexahedron
The sixty four bit name of God
The point of origin

A pattern a code
A deep understanding
A gate to the stars

but nothing directly.

deaddeaddead
04-17-2012, 12:35 AM

While I don't think it's necessarily relevant, I'm pretty sure it's the only thing in the game (barring monolith) that hasn't been meaningfully interpreted at all yet.

2 4
2 5
4 1
5 4
4 4
3 3
3 6

Moltenpanther
04-17-2012, 12:39 AM
The planets in the planet room have numbers on them. And I've seen it said before that the only things that move while in first person are the monolith and the heart, but in the room with the Earth that shows the core layers, the Earth also rotates.

ll X ll
04-17-2012, 12:45 AM
This thing remindes me of the Trials HD riddle that never got solved untill after 2 years : /

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yg4lg7T7Zgs

TheLeggett
04-17-2012, 12:55 AM
The planets in the planet room have numbers on them. And I've seen it said before that the only things that move while in first person are the monolith and the heart, but in the room with the Earth that shows the core layers, the Earth also rotates.

The planets in this room are numbered 1 through 4:

Unknown Planet (Visitor Planet?): 1
Moon: 2
Earth: 3
Sun: 4

(Not sure what it means, if anything)

As far as rotating in first-person, there are a lot more rotating objects than many people seem to think. ie: windmills, the block under the clocktower that spins... Think they're really just oversights on the devs part.

Fenrakk101
04-17-2012, 12:58 AM

Someone deciphered them before, didn't help

Moltenpanther
04-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Well I tried jumping next to the monolith 100 times. Didn't work. I had no reason to try it, just thought maybe?