PDA

View Full Version : Ignorance

ReligiousKnives
04-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey Guys,

Downloaded this game last night and really lost when I come on here and see all this stuff about codes!? I Entered a Code (Thanks Dannyboy) in the musical shape room and that got myself an anti-cube but I am so confused as to how that code worked, where people first discovered these codes and why they work within the game in specific rooms and places.

I've got the counting artifact (which i see relates to numbers and symbols on the walls of various places) but I've no idea how to use them, where to put them? I also have 5 maps.

Could someone explain the background of this code thing as it's really confusing me!

Sorry if this has been answered before but the code input thread made little to no sense for me,

Chris

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:43 PM
There are three different code sets we have:

The alphabet was determined in a room where you see a dog jumping over a turtle, and the writing on the wall said "The quick brown dog jumped over the lazy turtle" or something like that. It's a sort of proverb so it acted as a Rosetta stone to let us translate the language.

The number system I don't really know where we got it from, but I hear it comes from the classrooms in the game and the boiler room in the first world.

The tetris code for determining what button sequences to press to unlock things actually becomes quite obvious, I won't spoil it for you because you can actually find it on your own relatively easily (no massive brain twisting required)

ll X ll
04-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Man, i was in that same boat. I thought this game was all about just turning perspectives and going through the levels. But damn, it was way more deep, rich and interesting. The codes is basically us disciphering the language in the game thanks to the hints and clues in the game itself, lol.

ReligiousKnives
04-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Man, i was in that same boat. I thought this game was all about just turning perspectives and going through the levels. But damn, it was way more deep, rich and interesting. The codes is basically us disciphering the language in the game thanks to the hints and clues in the game itself, lol.

And here I was expecting a nice casual sunday play of this game... I'm in way over my head! Thanks for explaining things a bit clearer guys, sure enough i'll be posting on here in due course!

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 04:50 PM
And here I was expecting a nice casual sunday play of this game... I'm in way over my head! Thanks for explaining things a bit clearer guys, sure enough i'll be posting on here in due course!

The enemies of the Black Monolith grow in number!

ReligiousKnives
04-15-2012, 05:14 PM
The enemies of the Black Monolith grow in number!

Hopefully i'll be able to contribute in due course!

VorpalHero
04-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Man, I'm really glad that there was a post like this. I had no idea that there were all these different aspects to the game. Now I can't stop writing down every weird cluster of symbols that I see, just on the off chance that it will all make sense to me later.

Fenrakk101
04-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Man, I'm really glad that there was a post like this. I had no idea that there were all these different aspects to the game. Now I can't stop writing down every weird cluster of symbols that I see, just on the off chance that it will all make sense to me later.

Glad to see some people are really motivated for all this.

Axel 360
04-16-2012, 03:37 AM

Agree. I just get hocked with the gameplay in the demo and buy it, thinking it was just gonna be a funny experiment about perception with a retro taste, probably something like Ilo Milo, not that much challenging.

Then, holly shit, you find out about hidden dark cubes, maps, chests, keys, the navigation map system, and apparently is gonna get some mind squeeze to get all collectables without a guide in one playtrough.

The game gets a 10 out of 10 for my arcade standards, I was expecting something great and turns out it was a thousand times even more deep that what the demo suggested. Absolute love for the game after just a mere 2 hours of play.