PDA

View Full Version : Any tips, any regrets?

IRELAND NO 1
04-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Right I have been waiting for this game for seems like an eternity, I have it pre-ordered for about 6 months. I love the whole world that has been created.

My question is for those who have got the game early, it seems a few have and it's driving me mad I can't get it until Tuesday. Have you any tips on getting started without spoilers for upgrades, combat, things that you should prioritise maybe even any mistakes you made and now regret it? I want to explore as much of the world as possible and do as many quests as I can, I don't want to miss out on anything!

Thanks in advance!

Kal_El
04-15-2012, 06:29 PM
my recommendation man...do not skip the tutorial and don't play on dark difficulty...i usually start on the hardest difficulty for 99% of games..but this game is very complex and until you learn all the ins and outs of the games features and what all the magic spells and potions and traps do..it's a very complex game..don't get me wrong that's whats great about it along with the gameplay story etc etc! but if you want to truly enjoy the game and take your time learning everything dark difficulty is not advised...it's killing me to not play on dark first time through lol

JuSt BLaZe
04-15-2012, 06:33 PM
my recommendation man...do not skip the tutorial and don't play on dark difficulty...i usually start on the hardest difficulty for 99% of games..but this game is very complex and until you learn all the ins and outs of the games features and what all the magic spells and potions and traps do..it's a very complex game..don't get me wrong that's whats great about it along with the gameplay story etc etc! but if you want to truly enjoy the game and take your time learning everything dark difficulty is not advised...it's killing me to not play on dark first time through lol

Huh good to know. Glad that I started on EASY. Also what about the DIFFICULT QTS (Quick Time Events) option in the main-menu. Does it effect anything except participating on the cutscenes!? Anybody!?

Regrets so far, that you CAN'T SAVE in the arena mode. Makes only sense but still fucked up.

IRELAND NO 1
04-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, I have heard some horror stories about Dark difficulty. So I will definitely be starting on normal do as much as possible and enjoy it, rather than getting frustrated and ruining the experience then play on dark difficulty!

Thank god there is a tutorial, I heard that was added for console it was not even on the PC we also got several new cut scenes to explain certain parts. I am glad there is some depth to the controls & combat, but i hope it's not to complicated in the heat of battle.

Thanks for adding that Blaze so be well prepared before the arena then! Also the difficulty for QTE is that a separate difficulty in the game besides the main game?

Kal_El
04-15-2012, 08:14 PM
yea the game is amazing :) so fun and i am not sure about QTE...hope they aren't too tough lol and the arena makes sense..it is hard though lol

also here are the first 15minutes..game looks so great on 360

The Witcher 2 Xbox 360 - First 15 Minutes(NUDITY WARNING)! - YouTube