PDA

View Full Version : Kanji Collecting

DigiLuigi
04-15-2012, 11:06 PM
I've got an obsession for collecting Kanji in the "Shadows of the World" section of the game, carefully checking who I should ghost kill for Kanji I don't have yet. I'm up to 475 at the moment and I'm guessing there are several thousands of Kanji included in the game.

Anyone else out there crazy for Kanji? If so, this thread could be used if you're looking for a specific one. Then again, maybe I'm the only one who's actually crazy enough to care about them.

a7x4lyf3
04-15-2012, 11:16 PM
I do enjoy collecting them for some odd reason, only thing I dislike is I don't even know how I've earned half of the ones I've gotten that don't involve getting a ghost kill, they just kinda randomly pop up... I also don't understand why sometimes I'll try and choose a certain Kanji from the list but its greyed out like I can't select it.

DigiLuigi
04-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I think I might be able to shed some light on that. There's two ways of getting them:
The first is ghost killing an opponent who has one you don't have yet.
The second is finishing a Clan Battle or a Ninja Trial. At the end it'll give you a maximum of 1 randomly selected Kanji. Sometimes you don't get any. I'm guessing this happens when the randomly selected Kanji is one that you've already obtained.

As for the greyed out Kanji, that's probably because it's already in your list of 10 Kanji that you can select in Clan Battle/Ninja Trial lobbies.

Also something that might be useful to know is that Kanji you haven't obtained yet show up as white in lobbies while the ones you've already got have a blue color.

a7x4lyf3
04-15-2012, 11:59 PM
So...Much...Kanji...

DigiLuigi
05-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Alright, I've seen a few that just keep on eluding me. If anyone has any of these Kanji and would like to give them to me I'd really appreciate it.

弓 - Bow
東 - East
八 - Eight
秋 - Autumn
百 - Hundred/One-Hundred/100
愛 - Love
夏 - Summer
日 - Sun/Day
参 - Three (Formal)
水 - Water
西 - West
冬 - Winter
君 - You

I've seen most of them before so I know they're out there.
Got a few, they're white now.

a7x4lyf3
05-10-2012, 01:00 AM
So Kanji unlock at random correct? Basically I can just play 1 trial over and over and keep unlocking new kanji is what I'm understanding from most of the information I've gathered.

DigiLuigi
05-10-2012, 01:46 AM
Yes, if you don't have many Kanji yet it kinda works like that. However, I am now at 1353 Kanji and they no longer show up at the end of trials as frequently as they did before. I now only get one once every 3~5 games. Jumping from lobby to lobby in clan battles looking for people to ghost kill for their Kanji is probably the fastest way.