PDA

View Full Version : I need a good strategy for Theodore...

a7x4lyf3
04-16-2012, 05:20 PM
I've cleared master ninja difficulty, I've finished nearly all the trials, and god forbid I still don't have an effect way of fighting Theodore. The best thing I know to do on him is when he does is uppercut with the sword into the air I counter attack with an uppercut and do the XXXX combo in the air with no izuna since he can't be izuna dropped, anyone know a good strat to take him down on the tougher difficulties?

xXSerialXx
04-16-2012, 05:24 PM
friend of mine had a good tip for me. pack your claws if you have em, keep your distance and then run towards him with a YYY combo where you do the flying kick you know what i mean? works fine every time. hope this will help you

The Duke of Darkness
04-16-2012, 07:21 PM
Download the ninja clip of the guy that's number 1 in the world on story, takes him out in 50 seconds with little damage.

jcvaleron
04-16-2012, 08:21 PM
This is a very boring and slow method but you can keep your distance and just kill him with arrows. The only thing you need to look out for is when he makes a grunting noise as this is when he shoots the red ball out you and if it hits he automatically teleports to you with a grab move. This method is best done in co-op

Foxhound300
04-17-2012, 06:56 PM
I beat him on Mentor by just running in circles and pressing Y with the sword once he was done with a combo/move. It's mind numbing (and one of the reasons I REALLY want freaking health bars in this game) but if you're smart about it and run the hell away once you hit him you should take no damage at all. Obviously this won't work very well if he has any back-up, but I've only fought him one-on-one in the trials so far.

OmegaFlip
04-18-2012, 12:59 AM
video is from devilryuujin

http://youtu.be/SyCchSBHjWM

Spartanwarninja
04-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I looked at tons of videos on Master Ninja to see what they were doing agaisn't RoTM 4th boss last level on MN.

I found this combo to be the most EFFECTIVE as the SAFEST combo.

Here it is:
You go within his attack circle and make sure his doing a attack chain. As he starts the attack chain you run to the end of the map. While you run away from him [NOT JUMP] press YYY then HOLD the last Y. This should have the same animation as the normal Hold Y charge in this game.

However when he comes within attack distance, let go of Y and it will loop him into the Air. Rinse and repeat the above. Takes time but is the best IMO way if you wanna do it safe.

Practise in training the YYY hold Y dragon sword combo. It's best if you do it when the RoTM is just in your attack range. The closer he is, the less effective it is that it will loop. You need to time it just right.

To my knowledge, checking youtube. No-one else has tried this method but me.

Foxhound300
04-19-2012, 01:00 AM
video is from devilryuujin

http://youtu.be/SyCchSBHjWM

Yeah that's more or less what I do, but just while running in a circle around him and pressing Y. Obviously my method is more dangerous but you can deal more damage to him that way, rather than just relying on his grab window.

OmegaFlip
04-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Yeah that's more or less what I do, but just while running in a circle around him and pressing Y. Obviously my method is more dangerous but you can deal more damage to him that way, rather than just relying on his grab window.

i'll try your method when i face him.

i normally wait for his combo to end and perform :xbut::xbut: or run forward :xbut:

on hard mode, i just hold :ybut: and release when he's in range. it works on mn but he can occassionally hit you and the damage in mn is not very forgiving

RazielSlipknot
05-03-2012, 02:50 PM
i'll try your method when i face him.

i normally wait for his combo to end and perform :xbut::xbut: or run forward :xbut:

on hard mode, i just hold :ybut: and release when he's in range. it works on mn but he can occassionally hit you and the damage in mn is not very forgiving

I don't know if this works for all versions of RoTM, but the 360 OL Y move with the scythe works wonders. Make sure to start this move by running away from him. Keep hitting Y until you launch up in the air and slam the scythe down into the ground. The i-frames should prevent you from taking damage while doing this. Once you hit the ground, dodge and repeat.

xfactorhatesu
05-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't know if this works for all versions of RoTM, but the 360 OL Y move with the scythe works wonders. Make sure to start this move by running away from him. Keep hitting Y until you launch up in the air and slam the scythe down into the ground. The i-frames should prevent you from taking damage while doing this. Once you hit the ground, dodge and repeat.

This is what I did against every version, got hit once on the final fight against him. To avoid getting stuck with the scythe in the final battle I hit Theo with 3 360 OL Y attacks switched to the sword and I think maybe 3 hits with the sword and it was over.