PDA

View Full Version : Abstract Daddy

zhoban
04-16-2012, 06:18 PM
What is a good way to beat this boss on Hard? I got to him while on my 10 Star run and he killed me.

8BitSoul
04-17-2012, 11:12 PM
What is a good way to beat this boss on Hard? I got to him while on my 10 Star run and he killed me.

Ouch! That sucks, man. At least you didn't die on Eddie without saving once, like I did on my fourth playthrough:( Guess I got a little overconfident... Did you save anywhere in the game before you got to him?

I find the best way to take out Abstract Daddy, is to run from corner to corner, and fire a single Shotgun shell at him, then move over to the next corner on the opposite side of the room. If you feel like you can handle it, try firing two shells at him when in one of the corners. He will fall to the ground, and leave you just enough time to get to another corner. If you want to play it safe though, I recommend the single shot tactic. It's a bit tedious, but it gets the job done. Just make sure you run "around" him, and not past him, as he WILL french kiss you if you get to close.

I'm currently working on the 10* ranking myself, and just finished a fail attempt:( I was missing around 14 kills by shooting, and took roughly 600 points of damage. At least it wasn't completely wasted, as I'm still missing the Dog Ending:) The 10* ranking is a fairly hard challenge, and I wish you good luck on your next playthrough!

Check out this video to get a general idea of how the strategy works:

Silent Hill 2 Hard Mode Abstract Daddy - YouTube

zhoban
04-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Ouch! That sucks, man. At least you didn't die on Eddie without saving once, like I did on my fourth playthrough:( Guess I got a little overconfident... Did you save anywhere in the game before you got to him?

I find the best way to take out Abstract Daddy, is to run from corner to corner, and fire a single Shotgun shell at him, then move over to the next corner on the opposite side of the room. If you feel like you can handle it, try firing two shells at him when in one of the corners. He will fall to the ground, and leave you just enough time to get to another corner. If you want to play it safe though, I recommend the single shot tactic. It's a bit tedious, but it gets the job done. Just make sure you run "around" him, and not past him, as he WILL french kiss you if you get to close.

I'm currently working on the 10* ranking myself, and just finished a fail attempt:( I was missing around 14 kills by shooting, and took roughly 600 points of damage. At least it wasn't completely wasted, as I'm still missing the Dog Ending:) The 10* ranking is a fairly hard challenge, and I wish you good luck on your next playthrough!
Yeah, I saved right before the chase scene in the hospital. You got to Eddie without saving once on Hard? You sir are my hero. I've literally died at least ten times at just the Pyramid Head chase scene.

I'm considering just doing what nauGiePS3 did and save right before Abstract Daddy just in case whenever I get around to wanting to attempt this again.

Thanks, I wish you luck as well. I hate to break it to you but you have to have every single ending unlocked before attempting a 10 Star run. I remember reading that somewhere, someone attempted it before and was about 0.1 or 0.2 stars away even though they had met every other condition.

8BitSoul
04-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I saved right before the chase scene in the hospital. You got to Eddie without saving once on Hard? You sir are my hero. I've literally died at least ten times at just the Pyramid Head chase scene.

I'm considering just doing what nauGiePS3 did and save right before Abstract Daddy just in case whenever I get around to wanting to attempt this again.

Thanks, I wish you luck as well. I hate to break it to you but you have to have every single ending unlocked before attempting a 10 Star run. I remember reading that somewhere, someone attempted it before and was about 0.1 or 0.2 stars away even though they had met every other condition.

That's good to know! I was so close to meeting the requirements for 10*, but it wouldn't have mattered if I made it. I had at least 40 min+ I could waste on killing enemies and being more careful to take less damage, so now I'm really confident about playing through it one last time!

As for getting to Eddie without saving, it was more blind luck than skill, really. I already knew about the Pyramid Chase in the Hospital, I remembered it from PS2. I had just finished 3 playthroughs on Normal, and made a habit out of not saving the game on 1 of them. Guess I learned my lesson though. I will definitely be saving once before Eddie now!

zhoban
04-18-2012, 02:24 PM
That's good to know! I was so close to meeting the requirements for 10*, but it wouldn't have mattered if I made it. I had at least 40 min+ I could waste on killing enemies and being more careful to take less damage, so now I'm really confident about playing through it one last time!

As for getting to Eddie without saving, it was more blind luck than skill, really. I already knew about the Pyramid Chase in the Hospital, I remembered it from PS2. I had just finished 3 playthroughs on Normal, and made a habit out of not saving the game on 1 of them. Guess I learned my lesson though. I will definitely be saving once before Eddie now!
I would try saving where most people have said to and save right before the Pyramid Head chase scene and then save before Eddie or before the boat. I plan on saving right before Abstract Daddy since he was such a bitch last time.

I think I only attempted Hard once and that was last year sometime. I was getting ready for a 10 Star run, or at least preparing for it and died against Pyramid Head in the Blue Creek Apartments. I didn't realize his swing was going to be so fast. Especially since I usually played the game on Beginner to just plow through the game so I could attempt to get more endings.

Xpektro GzN
04-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Best way to kill Doorman Boss is with the Shotgun,, run to one corner of the room then shot it once, then go to the opposite side and shoot it again, (Only recommend 1 shot ,since after 2 shots the monster gets within range and it'll grab you.) 8 shots with your Shotty and he's dead

richardlidster
10-19-2012, 03:18 PM
i some how did this once without getting hit but it must have been a fluke as he does alot of damage to me every time i've fought him since. i find Eddie is much worse though