PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts

SlySi1976
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
So now the acheievement list is finnaly out, what are ur thoughts on the list? What do you think will be a challenge? and what one are you looking forward to getting???

Sarcastro
04-17-2012, 02:00 PM
It would probably be a list I would never complete.

iBuzz7S
04-17-2012, 02:09 PM
It would probably be a list I would never complete.
+1

I found and still find Trials HD almost impossible to 100% the achievements. I can't imagine Trials: Evolution being any easier, though the gameplay suggests it will be a lot more fun to obtain the achievements.

danbady1
04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm going to be a sadist and say another "maraton"!

Such a bitch, but so so so much cream in my pants when it went "pop"

Can i get this from midnight, or will it be 0900 or something?

IC3 L3G3ND
04-17-2012, 02:33 PM
fairly simple list, bit disappointed as i was hoping for one to gold all tracks if not platinum

GR4V1G0R3
04-17-2012, 02:46 PM
@danbady1 depends where you live mate - for us in the UK it will be anytime after 11AMbut can also be as late as 6PM

i want it, so, i'd say the latter - exactly as it happened with perfect dark (though that was only 4PM, i had stayed up all night waiting, then fell to sleep before it was released, missing 6 hours of possible play time)

i guess what i'm trying to say is, there is no set answer, like how long is a piece of string, it'll be online when MS can be arsed to update marketplace

danbady1
04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks gr4v, i've just started FF13-2 so i'll be up most the night anyway.

Although i don't know how much time i'll have for FF once i download Trials!

SlySi1976
04-17-2012, 03:12 PM
They said it will be 10am uk time

Dr Double Dice
04-17-2012, 03:31 PM
i'm not gonna stop until i get my sweet 400GS however long it take be it a year or so.

ChickinOnaChain
04-17-2012, 05:06 PM
If this game is as difficult as the first Trials, I'm passing it by. Trials was fun and challenging but man, it was so frustrating for me.

Bulletman
04-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Me and all my mates are playing all night tomorrow while getting drunk! Hell yeah!! We will probably get about 2 achievements...

Genesis x360a
04-17-2012, 05:13 PM
I've been waiting so long for this game and its so close I can almost taste the dirt tracks Haha :)

I will get my 400 on this game. I love the trials franchise and have been a big fan since the first Trials flash game on PC (Monday monday monday!!!!!) Apparantly though I heard that one of the devolopers let slip that difficulty is easier than Trials HD. While this sadness me I think alot more players will be able to enjoy the harder tracks abit more.

CoregBlue1
04-17-2012, 05:14 PM
completing trials HD after the marathon patch was a cakewalk. so even if it would be a bit harder now, i think i will 100% this game.

CKK Salvation
04-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Will definitely get 100% in this game. Did it in HD...no matter how long it takes, it's worth it imo. LOVE Trials.

gingeee85
04-17-2012, 05:55 PM
marathon still eludes me to this day, iv got it down to 1 fault and keep bottling it lol

MILINKYO
04-17-2012, 05:57 PM
I honestly don't care about the achievements for this game, I will get what I can but I just want to play the hell outta if it. I will never in a million years get 400g outta this but it will not stop me playing it

Benny34
04-17-2012, 06:42 PM
looks easier than hd tho...

KuShNsTieN
04-17-2012, 06:51 PM

probably not that 'demon on wheels2' achievement is most likely extreme tracks, the 'lab rat' is on a hard track also, and 'nervous twitch' may be difficult..It may be easy for you if you are good at this game, but difficult for the average player

Aidexx
04-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Never played Trials HD, but think I'm going to try Evolution. It looks like fun and challenging, though I'm not gonna get full gamerscore, but I'm happy if I get a half of it. And being a finn gamer, I ought to support RedLynx anyway... :)

Maka
04-17-2012, 07:51 PM
I hope to get the 400:gsicon: within a week. But you never know. :p

I feel like RedLynx deserves my money for the amount of time I've played Trials HD, and the fact that they put so much stuff in this game.

For those interested, typically, marketplace stuff releases between 3am-4am EST or later. (8am-9am GMT).

It has all the same kind of achievements.

A "marathon" achievement, a "complete all extreme tracks" achievement, complete a hard course with a terrible bike, and the squirrels could be difficult to get.

The tracks themselves may be easier though, but as for achievement requirements, they are very similar.

adamrulz
04-17-2012, 08:46 PM
I too am hoping for 400gs at the latest, within the month. Then again, I'll have to see how bad the new "marathon" will be. I think the game looks harder than HD, but they have waaay better tutorials this time around....just dont think I'll need em since I self taught in HD. I plan on at least doing every track gold by the 20th. I am even taking half day tomorrow. Getting paid to play haha

Adam

Corrupt.
04-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Cannot. Fucking. Wait.

Achievement list looks okay, but meaningless as I will be playing this long after I 400g it...

Kieran69
04-17-2012, 09:09 PM
10/10 would bang

Prime8
04-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I considered, but never played Trials HD because of the difficulty and not wanting to get overly frustrated trying to get all of the achievements. However, I'm leaning towards getting Trials Evolution after watching some more videos of it. Probably won't 400 it, but hopefully get close enough.

Toams07
04-17-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm thinking the same as I thought with Trials HD (after some weeks);
Keep playing till I have them all

toythatkills
04-17-2012, 11:37 PM
The Marathon-esque achievement is far easier. There's only six tracks, and while a couple of them are hard-level, I don't see it taking anywhere near as long as Marathon did. Marathon was all about consistency over a very long period, whereas this one is very short.

FR MATTUU
04-17-2012, 11:53 PM
How are you playing it?

danbady1
04-18-2012, 12:26 AM
for any one interested in release times

http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=7831&sid=c3b1de6fd1dc5cde8b61540b807fb677

toythatkills
04-18-2012, 12:29 AM
How are you playing it?

I got a review code for it.

A ZombieTwinkie
04-18-2012, 01:03 AM
Definitely picking this up. Picked up Trials HD day one after I played the demo. Got half way through the first track in the demo, then instantly backed out and picked it up. Never regretted it.

As for these achievements, they seem pretty similar to HD, minus the Squirrel one. Won't be too challenging for me (I hope) after all the hours I've put into the first one. But, I guess we shall see.

KING 4D
04-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Fucking lag

JeremyVersion1
04-18-2012, 03:51 PM
I'll take this game down like I did Trials HD, I don't care if it takes me two years like the first one. I love it!

Space Cadet
04-18-2012, 05:12 PM
The goddamn game keeps freezing on me in the middle of matchmaking and resets my multiplayer level progress. Twice this has happened already, twice! How messed up is that?

Vigor
04-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Worst netcode ever.

Space Cadet
04-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Worst netcode ever.
It pains me to say this but I agree. Should've tested it more, a lot more.

Harry Rasing
04-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Game and achievements are just perfect!! :woop:

Played 12hours non-stop today... :drunk :p

BBDrew84
04-18-2012, 10:02 PM
I have only played for a couple of hours and I am loving it, there was really little doubt about that.

The one thing I do not like is how long it takes to save at the end of the races. Not all races but there has been a couple that after I finished it took 2 minutes to save?

Metta World War
04-18-2012, 10:18 PM
The only thing I don't like is that uploading your score to Xbox Live seems to take FOREVER. Am I the only one with this problem? Other than that, I'm loving this game. Very hard to find people to play multiplayer with, though.

BBDrew84
04-18-2012, 10:31 PM
The only thing I don't like is that uploading your score to Xbox Live seems to take FOREVER. Am I the only one with this problem?

Nope. I keep getting the same problem every other race. Right now I have retried 5 times to save to xbox live and it says I am not connected when I clearly am.

Red Testament
04-18-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm loving it. I'm glad to be out of the monotonous warehouses and in the open -- especially when the perspective changes. I just wish I didn't suck so much at the game, lol.

CoregBlue1
04-18-2012, 11:13 PM
I have only played for a couple of hours and I am loving it, there was really little doubt about that.

The one thing I do not like is how long it takes to save at the end of the races. Not all races but there has been a couple that after I finished it took 2 minutes to save?

i think thats because thousands of people are uploading there scores currently. i was one of the first to buy it (i think) and it was fine then.

Xterm1n8or
04-19-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm loving it so far. I need to get a new tv though as my current one has almost 100ms input lag which makes playing it quite tricky at the moment!

nmehka
04-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Does anyone know how to change the language setting? I know most of you are playing in the UK/US but i'm from Holland and Redlynx decided that the game is played in Dutch here. The translation is terrible so i wondered if there's any setting where i can change it to English?

Space Cadet
04-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Does anyone know how to change the language setting? I know most of you are playing in the UK/US but i'm from Holland and Redlynx decided that the game is played in Dutch here. The translation is terrible so i wondered if there's any setting where i can change it to English?
Switch your dashboard language to english.

nmehka
04-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Switch your dashboard language to english.
Thanks i tried it, but didn't work. After i changed my location, the language changed so that seems to work. I don't know if this location impacts the player search for multiplayer? Will it from now on search for UK people in multiplayer matchmaking instead of Dutch people?

Scottcool
04-19-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm a semi decent trails player, nothing special and i managed to get all the achievements related to completing tacks with special criteria very easily, the one where you can only use gas/brake is a bit annoying. The scenic route tournament, o faults, i did on my second try, it is absolutely nothing compared to the old marathon achievement. In its original form i think it was possibly the hardest achievement ever, only 38 people got it like that and redlynx gave them all a t-shirt for it

JeremyVersion1
04-19-2012, 05:29 PM
The scenic route tournament, o faults, i did on my second try, it is absolutely nothing compared to the old marathon achievement. In its original form i think it was possibly the hardest achievement ever, only 38 people got it like that and redlynx gave them all a t-shirt for it

Yeah they got the shirt for getting the cheevo in a certain time frame. Unfortunately it took me two years so I don't get the shirt. :mad:

acdougla17
04-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Yeah they got the shirt for getting the cheevo in a certain time frame. Unfortunately it took me two years so I don't get the shirt. :mad:

But the version of Ultimate Endurance you completed was 20 times easier. Before the patch, Ultimate Enduance was 24 tracks and contained 6 HARD tracks. Having King of the Hill as 2nd to last was brutal. The updated version was 20 tracks and only beginner/easy/medium tracks.

These tracks were in the original tournament:
8. Technique (Hard)
17. Concrete Dreams (Hard)
18. Classic (Hard)
19. The Rise And Fall (Hard)
22. Trials And Tribulations (Hard)
23. King Of The Hill (Hard)

JeremyVersion1
04-19-2012, 08:01 PM
But the version of Ultimate Endurance you completed was 20 times easier. Before the patch, Ultimate Enduance was 24 tracks and contained 6 HARD tracks. Having King of the Hill as 2nd to last was brutal. The updated version was 20 tracks and only beginner/easy/medium tracks.

These tracks were in the original tournament:
8. Technique (Hard)
17. Concrete Dreams (Hard)
18. Classic (Hard)
19. The Rise And Fall (Hard)
22. Trials And Tribulations (Hard)
23. King Of The Hill (Hard)

Ah, didn't realize they changed it.

VladimirK
04-19-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm not actually liking it that much tbh which sucks considering I've got roughly 180-200 hours in Trials HD & 100%'ed the achievements.

I hate the way the bike controls in Evolution compared to HD, it feels like a real pain in the arse to actually just control how much you compensate on jumps although this might be due to the bad camera you get when you're on a curve. (Never mind flips which are really unresponsive I've found, then when you do get more than one in, then best of luck trying to stop before you hit the ground.)
On top of that sometimes my bike just suddenly rises at one side for no reason or slams to a halt after a jump or manages to slide on one wheel that causes a crash because of the new controls I can't seem to fix myself like I did in HD.

The other thing that has pissed me off whilst playing is I've been getting some crashes that feel really cheap imo. By that I mean you can be doing a great run then bang, just a fall at the end of a jump that you can't do anything to avoid.
Plus when did your guy become such a dick about counting even lightly scraping the helmet as a crash?

A small thing would be the new display of friends' times, I find it harder to tell where they actually are and it is a bit more distracting than just the bar at the top.

Things I do like: Being outdoors, the deeper customisation (even though for the bikes so far most of it has been stupid-looking vinyls), the way all your medals add up to something now and the skill games are not bad.

Meh, I'll get my 380, 400 if I can a) Be arsed playing the multiplayer and b) If the game actually lets me find a multiplayer game, then it'll be back to HD for me.

Scottcool
04-20-2012, 01:13 AM
@acdougla17, props for the original marathon man, did you get a t ?

Bar Of Clay
04-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Original Marathon Achieve was ball nails hard, no word of a lie. my proudest getting it. TE is just more of the same and the size and creativity in some levels is staggering. This is an arcade game remember, some retail games arent as in depth as this

Chadwinho
04-20-2012, 09:52 PM
I'm not actually liking it that much tbh which sucks considering I've got roughly 180-200 hours in Trials HD & 100%'ed the achievements.

I hate the way the bike controls in Evolution compared to HD, it feels like a real pain in the arse to actually just control how much you compensate on jumps although this might be due to the bad camera you get when you're on a curve. (Never mind flips which are really unresponsive I've found, then when you do get more than one in, then best of luck trying to stop before you hit the ground.)
On top of that sometimes my bike just suddenly rises at one side for no reason or slams to a halt after a jump or manages to slide on one wheel that causes a crash because of the new controls I can't seem to fix myself like I did in HD.

The other thing that has pissed me off whilst playing is I've been getting some crashes that feel really cheap imo. By that I mean you can be doing a great run then bang, just a fall at the end of a jump that you can't do anything to avoid.
Plus when did your guy become such a dick about counting even lightly scraping the helmet as a crash?

A small thing would be the new display of friends' times, I find it harder to tell where they actually are and it is a bit more distracting than just the bar at the top.

Things I do like: Being outdoors, the deeper customisation (even though for the bikes so far most of it has been stupid-looking vinyls), the way all your medals add up to something now and the skill games are not bad.

Meh, I'll get my 380, 400 if I can a) Be arsed playing the multiplayer and b) If the game actually lets me find a multiplayer game, then it'll be back to HD for me.

In THD the rider could almost certainly take a whack or 2...now hes a pussy!

JeremyVersion1
04-20-2012, 11:01 PM

This, easily my biggest complaint with the game. There's nothing worse then blazing through a track only to lightly bump your head and lose all the work you just put in. FUCK! :mad:

Aluminum Cook
04-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Even with changes to the handling and a heightened crash factor for hits to the head... I'm still looking forward to spending hours and hours in this game.