PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Fez-like games?

heinstach
04-17-2012, 03:01 PM
We've had a number of great puzzle-platformers on the Xbox 360.

Limbo
Braid
Fez

Have other Fez-like games been announced?

DROGTURIST
04-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Not really. There are cool exploration-based, but nowhere near as puzzle-heavy, platformers like Hell Yeah and Guacamelee coming out, though.

Fez took five years to make and expecting something similar is honestly unreasonable. You don't invent languages and shit in the typical 8-12 month development cycle most XBLA games can afford... What magic and trickery they pulled off to be able to work on Fez for five years is beyond anyone's guess.

heinstach
04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
5 years certainly seems like a long time for a game like Fez.

I wish they'd release Lost Vikings - with online co-op :-)

A BENGAL HOBO
04-17-2012, 03:26 PM
We've had a number of great puzzle-platformers on the Xbox 360.

Limbo
Braid
Fez

Have other Fez-like games been announced?

if u want platformers there are alot,but not much like fez...its trully one of a kind

Hexahedronaut
04-17-2012, 03:27 PM
There's Minecraft coming out i guess you can create your own unique platformer if your creative enough or you could try some of the platformance indie games.

pnutosan
04-17-2012, 04:02 PM
5 years certainly seems like a long time for a game like Fez.

I wish they'd release Lost Vikings - with online co-op :-)

That would be absolutely fan-f***ing-tastic!

DROGTURIST
04-17-2012, 04:13 PM
you could try some of the platformance indie games.Those games are great and I agree everyone should try them, but they're the exact opposite of Fez. Fez is cerebral and extremely puzzle heavy with very light platforming, while Platformance (and most platformers on XBLA) is pure platforming with almost zero puzzle-solving.

Closest I can think of is Outland - which also has a very unique and mysterious atmosphere to it - but it's nowhere near as clever as Fez.