PDA

View Full Version : Artbook download

DeW222
08-25-2007, 08:19 AM
I was going to throw this into the Bioshock: Limited Edition thread but it has to do with something that isn't in the package, so it's here instead.

I did some searching on the Cult of Rapture website and found where they had the Artbook available for download. Some people thought it would be in the limited edition, and were disappointed when it wasn't in it, but they can download it here (http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/artbook.html)

It's got things ranging from little sister concepts & big daddy concepts to environment concepts, weapons, and more. The most interesting part of it from what was cut is the foreword where some of the things that were cut are discussed, definitely worth reading.

MadcatNL
08-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I downloaded it and gonna find a cheap print shop to get it to print and bind it. Awesome book, too bad they could not include it in the LE.

The artwork is really great, it is funny to see the Big Daddies and all other parts of art evolve from something that isn't remotely like the end result to the end result. Love such an inside look in the art development process.

Be careful with the foreword though, because it has some spoilers (there is a warning in the artbook as well)

poulpy72
08-25-2007, 03:11 PM
Thx a lot Dew!!

that's a very interesting document!!

crusaderV1
08-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Or if you want it binded you could break your big daddy figruine, I know heresy Grab your pitch-forks and torches, and send it back to 2K and they'll send you the art book along with another Big Daddy. Hopefully no-one will ever do this.

narcolepticshee
08-27-2007, 07:53 PM
Fantastic post. Thanks very much.

Great download, well worth it even if you're not going to print it off

Thanks again

Peace