PDA

View Full Version : Release Date?

Onelastbreath
04-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Does anybody have any info on a release date for this? Really looking forward to playing these again.

Ace Attorney 86
04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I've checked around and couldn't find one. I'm excited about this too! love these sega vintage games!

Beardyboo
04-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Once the 'Game Added' is on here it is usually between one and four weeks until release (there have been a couple of exceptions) Saying that, Daytona USA was put on and Three days later it was out. This is not a day one for me, I am waiting for The other Vintage collection with Alex Kidd In Miracle World! :woop:

Ace Attorney 86
04-19-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm looking forward to the Alex Kidd collection too. Thanks for pointing that out about "game added". so hopefully we won't have to wait long.

It's bad to say but the vintage collections are the best things SEGA is doing these days. Their new releases aren't the greatest.

Arron114
04-20-2012, 01:39 PM
the original date was the 25th of April , but I’ve heard no more on it. If it’s been put back which it probably has due to this next promotion, we will see it before the first of June as it has 200 gs.

My guess would be the 16th of May.

VonThronstahl
04-20-2012, 02:49 PM
I'd be fine with a friday release. Day 1 for me, as usual.

Brianzilla2004
04-23-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm looking forward to the Alex Kidd collection too. Thanks for pointing that out about "game added". so hopefully we won't have to wait long.

It's bad to say but the vintage collections are the best things SEGA is doing these days. Their new releases aren't the greatest.

I have to disagree. SEGA had a few years where things weren't looking too good, but they've been pretty solid over the past few years. Bayonetta, Vanquish, Binary Domain, Sonic Generations, Renegade Ops, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, SEGA Rally Online Arcade and the excellent 2012 release of Sonic CD are all really great games on the 360. Plus, they've got several promising releases coming later this year including Sonic 4: Episode II, Hell Yeah!, Aliens: Colonial Marines and Anarchy Reigns. And again, that's just regarding the 360.

It's tragic that SEGA had a few really dark years. It's tarnished their reputation quite a bit. And it seems like their most acclaimed games wind up selling... okay.

But I do agree that their Vintage Collection stuff is pretty awesome. :D It should be interesting to see how well these games sell as small compilations as opposed to individual games.

Ace Attorney 86
04-23-2012, 05:02 PM
You have a very good point, those are some quality releases I didn't think about. They had some really below average tie-ins with the Marvel Movies though the last few years. Only Captain America was decent and it's best not to mention most of the recent Sonic games.

Loved Sonic CD too. I lump that in with the vintage collections though. I wish they would do another Genesis/Megadrive type collection. Those must not be very expensive for them to make?

cloud7str1fe
05-03-2012, 10:36 PM
The Sega blog has some of the titles pegged as may 10th? Maybe the 10th?

http://blogs.sega.com/2012/05/03/more-sega-classics-for-virtual-console/

evo33
05-05-2012, 06:45 AM
I have been looking forward to this ever since i heard about it, hope it is not too long before its out,

hopefully sega will bring us many more of these as there are tons of games that i would like to see back out, like r-type

MrZombieChicken
05-09-2012, 04:00 PM
I really hpe your prediction for the 10th is correct. I have fond memories of playing Monster Land on my Amiga. The game probably has not aged well, but I look forward to finding out.

MrZombieChicken
05-09-2012, 04:05 PM
I have been looking forward to this ever since i heard about it, hope it is not too long before its out,

hopefully sega will bring us many more of these as there are tons of games that i would like to see back out, like r-type

R-type is not a Sega game. It's an Irem game.
Also, have you tried R-type Dimensions on XBLA?

ChickinOnaChain
05-09-2012, 05:07 PM
I'd be all over a Genesis collection! Revenge of Shinobi! Shadow Dancer!

Arron114
05-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Ifd go with my guess of this Wednesday's. Fingers crossed .

boldfoxrd
05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
I thought it'd be this week but I guess Sega have some sense not releasing Wonderboy with Sonic 4.2 that'd probably completely out sell it, even though Wonderboy collection is gonna be a better game.

Having just come out last fri on the Wii, I imagine next week it will be.

Beardyboo
05-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I thought it'd be this week but I guess Sega have some sense not releasing Wonderboy with Sonic 4.2 that'd probably completely out sell it, even though Wonderboy collection is gonna be a better game.

Having just come out last fri on the Wii, I imagine next week it will be.

If not next week then definitely the 30th of May

MrZombieChicken
05-17-2012, 06:44 PM
If not next week then definitely the 30th of May

I guess I am going to get my hopes up and believe you.

MrZombieChicken
05-18-2012, 02:27 PM
This will be out on 5/23 for 800 MSP. I'll definitely be picking it up day 1.

breastfed
05-19-2012, 07:59 PM
sooo fucking pissed dragons trap isnt one of these, imo one of the best platformer games on any platform ever, dont understand why they didnt include it, im 35 and still have distinct memories of this game, other wonderboys were great but dragons trap added so many fun elements.

MrZombieChicken
05-21-2012, 03:07 PM
sooo fucking pissed dragons trap isnt one of these, imo one of the best platformer games on any platform ever, dont understand why they didnt include it, im 35 and still have distinct memories of this game, other wonderboys were great but dragons trap added so many fun elements.

Everyone has their favorites. These were the highest profile one I suppose.

Arron114
05-22-2012, 02:29 PM

Its a monster world collection , not a wonderboy collection.

cloud7str1fe
05-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Its a monster world collection , not a wonderboy collection.

Actually, Dragon's trap is part of the monster world series. In Japan the game was called "Monster World II: Dragon no Wana" Making it the second of the 4 Monster world games.

Also never understood why both "Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair" and "Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap" were both titled as the 3rd wonder boy. Made it confusing to say the least. I remember picking up Monster lair 2nd hand a couple of years ago and was excited to play the Mega Drive/ Genesis version of Dragon's trap. To my dismay it was more like the first wonder boy game. Not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with the first game, it's just not the same....

MrZombieChicken
05-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Well it's out now. Everyone can download and start nit picking. :)