PDA

View Full Version : The search for secrets continues

AfroRyan
04-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Just like the first Trials, Evolution is hiding secrets all over the place. I figured we could discuss them here. I've already found a secret lizard picture on "Falling Down." You have to get behind the big ramp right at the beginning of the level (it has a bunch of barrels underneath it right before the first checkpoint). There's also a secret way to suicide on "Suspense." Just go backwards at the beginning and survive the initial drop, then continue back for the surprise. Will post more when/if I find them.

Note: I'm not talking about the squirrel locations, although I've found some of them too. We can talk about then too, if you want.

ManBearPig_06
04-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Is the suspense one the one where you die right next to one of the marble blast S.P.H.E.R.E balls, and it has some creepy lord-of-the-rings-esque whispering? Or was that a different level.

Edit: nvm, that's the one on "falling down" that you mentioned, the ball must have been a placeholder in an early build. Still makes the creepy noises though, they kinda sound like reversed spoken word, maybe someone with audio recording could reverse it and see if it's actually saying something.

Dela89
04-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Ive just found something on Tribal Trouble but I can't read it, its too bright. Its at the beginning of the level, you have to reverse over the logs.

ManBearPig_06
04-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Ive just found something on Tribal Trouble but I can't read it, its too bright. Its at the beginning of the level, you have to reverse over the logs.
It eventually gets clearer, or at least it did for me. Still don't know what it says, I can't tell if those are just lines or if they're I/L's, but it looks something like "I MY I0" on the top, and "I 0 V" on the bottom, although the first 2 I/l 's could be one line that's just disjointed.

Punkster812
04-22-2012, 07:11 AM
You might want to note that on 'Falling Down', you have to first reverse and touch the barrels behind you which causes some of the barrels below you to fall. Once you get down there, reverse til you get close to the edge and a gust of wind blows you over. I thought for sure there was going to be a squirrel down there but there wasn't. I also noticed a ramp in the background down there, but am not sure if it's possible to get to it. I am not sure what that picture is suppose to be.

Aliasalpha
04-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Not sure if it counts a secret or just a weird little thing but on archepelago there's an outstretched rock hand far below the islands that you can land on (I think its about 5 jumps in but I can't remember exactly), its got a No Bikes sign and after a few seconds of resting there, the hand drops off taking you with it. Not sure if there's anything more to it but there's a rock between the landing point and the sign, maybe getting over that and to the sign itself reveals something.

I3east Lig3r
04-23-2012, 02:46 AM
Not sure if it counts a secret or just a weird little thing but on archepelago there's an outstretched rock hand far below the islands that you can land on (I think its about 5 jumps in but I can't remember exactly), its got a No Bikes sign and after a few seconds of resting there, the hand drops off taking you with it. Not sure if there's anything more to it but there's a rock between the landing point and the sign, maybe getting over that and to the sign itself reveals something.

Not sure, but I think the squirrel used to be there but then they changed it

ManBearPig_06
04-23-2012, 04:05 AM
You might want to note that on 'Falling Down', you have to first reverse and touch the barrels behind you which causes some of the barrels below you to fall.
Not true. I got down there the first few times without doing that. I still do it that way, since every time I knock them down they get in my way trying to reverse.

Has anyone tried to figure out what the whispering sounds are when you get near the picture? It sounds like it might be reversed audio, but I'm not sure.