PDA

View Full Version : Trials

gocubsgo4
04-18-2012, 07:19 PM
I've never played the first trials and i want to buy this one trials evolution because i have heard good things about it and it looks extremely good. Was just wondering is it worth buying and do i need to buy the first one.

Maka
04-18-2012, 07:26 PM
I've never played the first trials and i want to buy this one trials evolution because i have heard good things about it and it looks extremely good. Was just wondering is it worth buying and do i need to buy the first one.

The first one is great in it's own way. I highly suggest buying it, as I'm addicted to this series, but it's not for everyone. It has a steep learning curve, and the achievements can be frustrating.

Gameplay wise though, its a must buy.

Whistler
04-18-2012, 07:41 PM
Try the demo if you like it. But yes it's worth it! But you can skip the first game imo, think you get enough levels in Evolution to last awhile. No story or anything you are missing either. But the first game is also good so if you want more after playing evo you can buy that one too.

DethGrenade81
04-18-2012, 10:23 PM
The first Trials is definitely worth the price tag too. One of the few games where 1200 msp is actually a steal. And this one ups the ante with even more content! A hard game but so satisfying when you finally beat a hard or extreme track!

Aiden 514
04-18-2012, 10:30 PM
I love trials!

DFizzle720
04-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Both games are well worth the price but the license tests in Evo might actually help you get a feel for the game better if this is your first time playing. Plus the difficulty seems to ramp up much slower in Evo so you're less likely to get frustrated as quickly. Trials HD sort of let you figure things out on your own and I know of a few people who didn't ever play anything past medium difficulty tracks because they got way too frustrated.

You don't NEED to buy HD but if you pick up Evo and like it you should definitely get HD at some point.

LDHughes
04-19-2012, 12:51 AM
I've played both, Evoloution has an easier learning curve. When I was playing HD I hit a wall (skill wise not literally) and had to literally fight my way through levels. Evo teaches you better and eases you in so to speak, for people who know how to play it can get annoying but for newcomers its great..

My advice is to get Evolution, play it to death, and if you need more, get HD!