PDA

View Full Version : Lots of titles put to shame

IC3 L3G3ND
04-18-2012, 10:48 PM
After playing Trials HD and Evolution i have to say i would happily pay 40 for each of them over some recent retailss i have played, (hope the devs don't read this) i'm so sick of buying games that are a massive let down and this series is just uber amazing.

Finished it fast but thats just down to skill developed from HD and only missing 3 achievements but platinum hunting brings so much replay value and maybe a few broken controllers

Maka
04-18-2012, 11:00 PM
After playing Trials HD and Evolution i have to say i would happily pay 40 for each of them over some recent retailss i have played, (hope the devs don't read this) i'm so sick of buying games that are a massive let down and this series is just uber amazing.

Finished it fast but thats just down to skill developed from HD and only missing 3 achievements but platinum hunting brings so much replay value and maybe a few broken controllers

You have to realize that with DLC, you're not paying that much less than $40 per game.

I would like to have it on a disc, at a regular rate, I think it deserves to be in stores.

DROGTURIST
04-18-2012, 11:25 PM
You have to realize that with DLC, you're not paying that much less than $40 per game.That's some interesting math you've got going on there. Trials HD, with both DLC packs, is $20.

Trials HD is on disc and in stores, by the way. It's a compilation with Limbo and Splosion Man. It usually goes for like $5 or less nowadays.

LDHughes
04-19-2012, 12:01 AM
I worked it out and going off what I picked up my last lot of MS points for, which was:
3 x 2100 point cards from Tesco direct @ 18 each.
- 10 off 50 spend voucher code ;)
- 5.40 Staff Discount (OK this bits unfair)

I'll avoid the rest of the math, this game cost me 7.20, and if the DLC costs the same again, its still less than half a 40 retail game (or 50 RRP as they are appparently supposed to be nowadays).

danbady1
04-19-2012, 09:28 AM
i couldn't agree more, such value for money!

i think the replay value for me is in beating every one on your friends list!

I was top out of my little group of 10-15 players on my list and spend so many hours trying to defend it, as soon as i noticed some one had improved a track time, i had to try and beat it.

Inject Trials into me!

Morbido
04-19-2012, 11:49 AM
You have to realize that with DLC, you're not paying that much less than $40 per game.

I would like to have it on a disc, at a regular rate, I think it deserves to be in stores.

Would have to agree with the post below yours. Maths isn't your strong point.

OT This game will piss over 99% of retail games this year.

Maka
04-19-2012, 04:36 PM
That's some interesting math you've got going on there. Trials HD, with both DLC packs, is $20.

Trials HD is on disc and in stores, by the way. It's a compilation with Limbo and Splosion Man. It usually goes for like $5 or less nowadays.

Trials HD is 1200 MSP.
Both DLC packs are 400 each.

That's 2000, and 1600 costs me $20. Basic math and that's $25+tax.

Didn't realize original post was in GBP.

Natetendo83
04-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Trials Evolution is an example to other game companies on how to properly release a game without a locked in schedule to meet some corporate deadline. The amount of content and life this game has is staggering.

Corrupt.
04-19-2012, 09:10 PM
I would happily pay 100 for each game :rolleyes:

tunaleg
04-20-2012, 05:30 AM
This game is insanely good. I must've sat there for an hour today trying to get gold on the first "skiing" event (yeah, I'm not so good..) and enjoyed every attempt.
And why the fuck do people care that it's released on xbla and not a disc? People need to get over that shit, it's so trivial

LDHughes
04-20-2012, 11:20 AM
And why the fuck do people care that it's released on xbla and not a disc? People need to get over that shit, it's so trivial

One day all games are going to be this way. Digital download is going to become the norm with the CD/DVD/BD going the way of the Video Cassette.

I personally prefer it being stored on my HDD and not having to store a disc when not playing it.

Skilled
04-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Trials HD is 1200 MSP.

Don't worry, 1500msp for me costs $30 so I paid pretty much $30 for the game alone :/

ManBearPig_06
04-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Trials HD is 1200 MSP.

Tax is included. I'm looking at my bank statement right now, it's exactly what they list it as on xbox.com. I got an 800 and a 400 to go even, and it charged me 9.99 and 4.99 exactly for each respectively.

So that's $25 for both dlc+game. Even if he wasn't talking about GBP, you still can't say he's "not paying that much less than $40 per game", since 40 would buy him HD, both packs, AND Evolution.

Since he is talking GBP, he would be willing to pay the equivalent of $65 for a single one.

To quote, "basic math".

Tuusday
04-21-2012, 02:41 AM
game is amazing.