PDA

View Full Version : Beta Discussion Thread

iBuzz7S
04-19-2012, 01:03 PM
Starts in: less than an hour (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120419T15&p1=136) (thanks to Burnout for that link)

I will be up and waiting to play, though being midnight, no headset for me. But I will be recording and assuming we are allowed, uploading gameplay from the get-go. Hoping to run across glitches and just have a good time.

Edit.
Gah, can't grab images from the PDF, but you can read it in its entirety here - Beta guide (http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/emea/gamesites/ghostrecon/GRFS_Beta_Guide_english_US.pdf). Take notice of the controls, especially those who have gotten familiar with COD, like myself. :p

The beta will have no Kinect support. For more info on the beta, visit the official site (http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal/en-US/ghost-recon-future-soldier/beta/index.aspx#tcm1940929-Maintab-2).

Here's my first (and so far, only first full match).

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Gameplay - YouTube

Xero Shinobi
04-19-2012, 01:16 PM
OOOOH! I thought the servers were just not working, so it starts in 45 minutes?

Sweet!

Burnout x360a
04-19-2012, 01:24 PM
OOOOH! I thought the servers were just not working, so it starts in 45 minutes?

Sweet!

Indeed, 30 minutes or so. Probably a bit after 3pm because it's never as simple as they say but yeah :p

SuperJoon
04-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Got my download ready. Will have a quick game before I go to work. :-)

Xero Shinobi
04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Do you think we'll be allowed to record beta gameplay?

iBuzz7S
04-19-2012, 01:36 PM
Do you think we'll be allowed to record beta gameplay?
I've asked both @Ubisoft and @GhostRecon on Twitter, but I am not expecting a response right away.

I would think it's okay. It is publicly available, kinda. It's not like we've signed an NDA and there was nothing in the game suggesting that we aren't to discuss it, which I take as we are free to do what we want.

The Eddmeister
04-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Starts in: less than an hour (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120419T15&p1=136) (thanks to Burnout for that link)

I will be up and waiting to play, though being midnight, no headset for me. But I will be recording and assuming we are allowed, uploading gameplay from the get-go. Hoping to run across glitches and just have a good time.

Edit.
Gah, can't grab images from the PDF, but you can read it in its entirety here - Beta guide (http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/emea/gamesites/ghostrecon/GRFS_Beta_Guide_english_US.pdf). Take notice of the controls, especially those who have gotten familiar with COD, like myself. :p

The beta will have no Kinect support. For more info on the beta, visit the official site (http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/gr-portal/en-US/ghost-recon-future-soldier/beta/index.aspx#tcm1940929-Maintab-2).

Cheers for the link to the beta guide :)
I shall be utilising down on the D-pad to the fullest knowing me :p

Xero Shinobi
04-19-2012, 01:48 PM
I'll just record anyway, we haven't been warned and my channel hasn't got any strikes yet so It'll be alright.

Look forward to bumping in to some of you guys soon :D

PhantomNemesis
04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Server is up, good hunting Ghosts!

SuperJoon
04-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Server is up, good hunting Ghosts!

I'm still getting "the service is not available at this time" message. :uzi:

iBuzz7S
04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm still getting "the service is not available at this time" message. :uzi:
Probably rolling out, region by region. If "1 million people" logged on at the same time, the servers may crash.

:p

SuperJoon
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
True, it's working now though. Will have to play it more, but not my cup of tea so far, probably won't buy it.

iBuzz7S
04-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Not bad. Not bad at all. First game impressions would be that Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will have a fun and challenging online. It's more closer to Battlefield compared to Call of Duty, which I don't care too much for, but it offers a challenge and rewards you for that.

There was no lag, which I am happy about. Didn't really see any glitches, though I wasn't really concentrating on that.

I'll be playing the beta until it ends.

QuiCkz Ninja
04-19-2012, 03:11 PM
I'm still getting "the service is not available at this time" message....

DEG23
04-19-2012, 03:16 PM
It's more closer to Battlefield compared to Call of Duty.

:woop:"Tears of Joy":woop:

Is it still enjoyable if the team all go lone wolf or do you have to work as a team as shown in the vids?

iBuzz7S
04-19-2012, 03:27 PM

Is it still enjoyable if the team all go lone wolf or do you have to work as a team as shown in the vids?
Ha ha. It's all opinion, so you would have to try it out for yourself before tearing up. :p

You can run off and think you are Rambo, but if the other team is working together, you won't get far. I was able to pull off a few kills when it was 1 v 2, but I don't think you would really want to play that way, not when there are objectives anyway.

If anyone is still getting error messages, dashboard and retry.

The Eddmeister
04-19-2012, 03:41 PM

I tried the lone wolf approach, didn't really work :p

PhantomNemesis
04-19-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm enjoying it, but I've noticed way too many are going for lone wolf or K/D. I've been in games where they've all sat in camouflage as recon and capped while the other team scored every objective.

Also, when I stun someone and attempt to hack, don't shoot them please.

Xero Shinobi
04-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Camo won't make campers unstoppable, you can see people with camo if you search hard enough. You see them as they see themselves.

SOLVED - I think I have solved the cause of this bug. It appears this is what players appear like when they are selecting loadout and spawn. Watch behind the bugged character in front of me, there is another behind him who suddenly begins to move.

Also, here is a strange bug I came across.
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - Strange Bug - YouTube

The Eddmeister
04-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Lots of people going recon with a smg & just camping... Can see that becoming a trend fast.
As stated above, lots of people are just going for k/d, not even bothering with the objectives... Which is a tad annoying when you're the only one trying >.>

Just got out of the worst game so far! Terrible lag!
Got killed, showed the assessment thing (killcam), chose to spawn at our base. Waited 30odd seconds, finally I spawn in only to be shown another killcam where I wasn't even on the screen! That happened 5 times in a row. There goes 2:30 of match time...

Aside from the last game I'm quite enjoying it. Wish I had more objective friendly teammates but you can't have everything, right :p

PhantomNemesis
04-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Seen that on occasion myself, seems to correct itself after a second but never seen it stick like that though.

Camping isn't an option in this game, its so easy to flank and the magnetic sensor grenades light them up like Christmas Trees. The cover system is easily the best I've used and its as good as I was hoping it to be.

I'm just hoping people learn quickly that its objective based and there is no room for racking up kills, my last game was atrocious.

Xero Shinobi
04-19-2012, 05:35 PM
I think I have solved the cause of this bug. It appears this is what players appear like when they are selecting loadout and spawn. Watch behind the bugged character in front of me, there is another behind him who suddenly begins to move.

DEG23
04-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Ha ha. It's all opinion, so you would have to try it out for yourself before tearing up. :p

Wish i could mate, but i'm on a business trip and won't be back until the beta is over:mad: but i'll probably be picking this up anyway and from the responses so far it looks like it will be worth it.

PhantomNemesis
04-19-2012, 06:11 PM
If you're getting defeated by campers, you suck.

This isn't CoD or BF3, you need to work together in order to do well. Flank your enemy, suppressive fire, grenades, you have so much at your disposal that along with the map design that makes camping next to impossible in this game, at least for more than one kill.

acurate bob
04-19-2012, 07:15 PM
this is crap, iv played for about ten full games and decided i aint gonna buy it.

It has way too much COD influense for it, the stupid way they spint and slide about, it doesnt feel right. The gameplay is trash too, spawn run out, start to do something and you get shot by some random miles away who can see your foot and you die. wait what feels like forever before running out just to die at the gun of a nonce who again can only see your foot. too much run here, camp, victory for kill scores, and not for the objectives.

All just feels like a third person COD and i FUCKING HATE COD!

it gives a shooter a bad name. takes no brains to make a game like it, takes less to think of the challenges too...

my vote on this is 2/10. i simply like the graphics and settings, but count for fuk all with gameplay this bad... thanks to the beta, it saved me 40...

feel free to bitch about my comments, its my opinion of the betas gameplay, which is as bad as Ghost Recon Online, another GR game which should have been great.

i will stick with GRAW, which at least resembles the GR i loved...

PhantomNemesis
04-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Why would graphics matter so much in the multiplayer? If anything it would hinder the experience as there is so much more to render and the lack of dedicated servers already means that the game needs to do its best for a good connection. I'd rather have the gameplay over graphics any day.

The animations look just fine, its better than the standard ones you get on both CoD and Battlefield, this game isn't some clone.

I don't see the CoD influence at all, if anything its closer to Gears but in an MMS. I've never seen anyone die from being shot in the foot miles away, in fact the cover system works the best out of all the games I've played.

I don't see how you could be getting spawn-camped so easily unless you are just sprinting out into a hail of gunfire. There is more than one exit from the spawn, and when you are pinned it sets up another spawn path, how many games do that? I've had no trouble at all doing well in the game, just flanking and moving and fire with my squad mates.

This game takes more brains than all of the others combined. The gadgetry and magnetic sensor grenades alone add in more strategy than most, and the map design allows for easy flanking manoeuvres and the need to stay together as a team.

The only problem I've seen is the fact that points from objectives are too low. The kills do make up the majority of your score which shouldn't be right and hopefully they might turn around and tweak it a bit, it might put those off who just go for a high K/D and try to play the game as intended.

fastNcurious
04-19-2012, 08:32 PM
So far, impressed with lack of lag.

Is there a way to back out of a lobby when the game ends? Is dashboarding the only way?

PhantomNemesis
04-19-2012, 08:51 PM
You can back out in the lobby when it has the countdown for the next game, right after seeing your progression and the scoreboard. Just press B and you can exit.

If you want to criticise the game, come up with a more concise argument than 'crap game - nothing more to say' and complain about camping when it really isn't an issue in the first place. That is a pretty stupid comment to make, no wonder someone is going to call you a moron if you can't make a clear argument as to what you do and do not like about the game. Also, if you are going to reply with some nerd rage comment I think that quite sums it up that your argument has fallen flat.

fastNcurious
04-19-2012, 08:53 PM
You can back out in the lobby when it has the countdown for the next game, right after seeing your progression and the scoreboard. Just press B and you can exit.

Ok. I'll try again next time. I was pressing B the last two times, but nothing happened. The only open options were to vote for a map or check challenges; wouldn't let me do anything else. Maybe I didn't wait long enough. Good to know I don't have to keep dashboarding though. Thanks!

Robot God
04-19-2012, 08:58 PM
I am really liking the gunsmith upgrade feature.Nice to see your favourite weapon become bigger and bad-ass as you level up and in so much detail.Hope more games implement it.

M1 Punk
04-19-2012, 08:58 PM
I think the Beta is ok. The controls aren't as smooth as in Gears of War but I think I'll get used to it.

But the ONE thing that PISSES ME OFF the most is that this game (just like all other Ubisoft games these days) is that the game is written in Dutch. There's also no way to change that. I don't know about the rest, but I prefer my games in plain f*cking English.

I'm so used to it that I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what the objective is or what certain classes/weapons/mods can do. This issue also ruined my experience during Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

I don't know what Ubisoft is thinking. You wanna focus on a younger audience here in the Netherlands who don't speak English? Fine, just give me the option to change the settings back to English.

FR MATTUU
04-19-2012, 09:13 PM
did you get you beta code from GameReactor.dk?

VyperJMc
04-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Not impressed by the beta at all. Doesn't feel like a AAA shooter. The gameplay just isn't very tight or polished. Guns handle & sound generic. All the in game chatter sounds like it was ripped straight from the MW series. It's terribly laggy. Had two games with lag where the other team was also spawn killing us on a loop since it seems like you can only spawn on live teammates, your own base, or controlled objectives & the opposing team can see/kill you as you choose your character.

There are some cool & interesting features, like gunsmith, stealth camo, & the cover system, but they don't amount to much when the game feels like a bargain bin budget shooter. Hopefully the campaign & co-op are good, cause I was looking forward to having a tech-heavy tactical shooter to play over the summer.

demonizer_andy
04-19-2012, 10:06 PM
this is fookin dreadfull the lag is terrible, spawning takes forever, you get killed by people that aint there horrible horrible servers

iBuzz7S
04-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Either I got lucky with my first match, or the lag has started more and more people started playing. I did not experience any lag at all, which is funny because Aussies always cop it hard. :p

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Gameplay - YouTube

I wish there wasn't what I hate about GOW3 online - players hide behind a wall and watch their surroundings, waiting for the enemy. Then again, you are supposed to play smart and not just rush into everything.

Gackt
04-19-2012, 10:47 PM
This beta left me disappointed. This does not play nor feel like a Ghost Recon game at all. :(

OmegaX06
04-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Nearly everything in this game feels mediocre.

Visuals - Almost seems like a step down from the previous games.

First Person Mode - Feels clunky and unresponsive. The default iron sights are hard to look through. Why include First person in a Ghost Recon game? What's worse is that I'm forced to use it in long range battles. The left trigger aiming is NOT accurate at all. Almost complete opposite of the previous games.

Cover system - Nothing terribly wrong with this. In most cases it turns into people hiding behind cover and waiting for extended periods of time. You can't really hit people behind "cover" unless you flank them.

Drones/UAVs/Spotting grenades - Hopefully there's an option to disable all of this. Most Ghost Recon fans played with Spy Drones off in the previous games. Being able to see exactly where the enemy is located is kind of cheesy and not realistic.

Overall the game tries to be more like gears of war/COD then a Ghost Recon game. They have upped the pace in this game. It seems like you run extremely fast. There are those constant reminders that you are getting "XP" for every little thing you do, ala COD. Gunplay is meh and not that satisfying. The best part for me was the gunsmith.

a7x4lyf3
04-20-2012, 01:16 AM
My main gripe right now is that when you do find laggy servers they are the worst thing imaginable, I died from nothing and when I tried to respawn I just kept hitting a and a and a and I just sat there in the respawn section for the remainder of the match, also my audio always cuts in and out from time to time, anybody else experiencing that?

MikeAK
04-20-2012, 02:06 AM
Drones/UAVs/Spotting grenades - Hopefully there's an option to disable all of this. Most Ghost Recon fans played with Spy Drones off in the previous games. Being able to see exactly where the enemy is located is kind of cheesy and not realistic.

Agree with you on this one, man. This is actually killing the enjoyment of the beta for me right now. The beta has been out long enough now that everyone has it unlocked and is spamming the heck out of it. I sure hope the final game allows the server host to disable it. It is the single worst part of the game.

On a positive note though, I see some real potential in the weapon customization menu. Even though this is just the beta I have had a lot of fun with it.

fastNcurious
04-20-2012, 03:12 AM
Does anyone else feel like the Bodark have a disadvantage in terms of map design? In every single game, as soon as it starts, I make a mad rush for the first objective. When playing as Ghosts, my squad and I always arrive there first. When playing as Bodark, I have NEVER arrived at the objective before the Ghosts. It seems to me like the Ghosts get a head start every single time, regardless where this random first objective spawns.

On the Pipeline map, a coordinated Ghost team can easily keep the Bodark from reaching any of the objectives. It's much harder to do so on the other map. I'm seriously considering backing out of every game where I start out as Bodark.

CYBER GRIMM
04-20-2012, 04:09 AM
lets try to remember that this a BETA and not the finshed version of the game. the whole point of the BETA is so that ubisoft in this case can collect feed back from the game play, such as weapons and equipment used and the effects on the field. 1 thing i know well is beta's never run smooth from day 1, remember how bad battlefield 3 beta was to start off with ???

if your having lag issuses then its due to your connection to the host or the hosts bad connection.

theres gonna be alot of bugs in this beta but thats normal, it helps the ubisoft team polish up the game as much as possible before launch.

the combat may be different to what your used to but if you've played gears, battlefield and cod games its not that hard to adjust as it has elements of all 3 titles.

HDresden
04-20-2012, 05:24 AM
i'm playing the beta on ps3, but i wasn't terribly impressed with the experience. the menu layout & pre match menu is so close to battlefield 3.

the matches i played had lots of bugs. i realize this is a beta and meant to find and clear out bugs, but it seemed the matches were dominated by them. floating bodies, headless soldiers running around, spawning & dying from nothing, terrible clipping.

also not sure if its indicative of the final game, but i played several matches in a row and the teams stayed the same for everyone. there was no mixing, you stayed on whatever side and that was it. i was on bodark and like mentioned a few posts above, it seemingly appears to be a disadvantage. on the mill level, the first objective was almost always within a few seconds of the ghost spawn.

i'm just not sure how to treat this. its coming from a tactic & squad based approach and some of the gadgets can make the gameplay look like a giant mess, if you got a smoke grenade, a sensor and a tracking thing, so you've got your team running around in green, red enemies showing up behind walls or cover, red footsteps or something showing an enemies path, along with the constant voice over prompting to take the objective or kill the enemy, its a bit much.

i'll keep playing and see if it gets better, but right now, its not doing it for me.

Grey Delta
04-20-2012, 06:51 AM
I wasn't majorly impressed by my first 2 games, I got my ass handed to me repeatedly, I probably just need to play more & get used to the controls/gameplay etc but initial reactions aren't good. Also, fuck those spotting grenades.

Strid
04-20-2012, 07:40 AM
This is pretty much Wall-Hacks the game. I'm thoroughly impressed, though, by what the game has done to my head. It has made me appreciate the still totally subpar Resident Evil: ORC, been garnered a spot in the top 3 of my worst games ever played list, and completely topped the chart for lowest skill ceiling ever. All of this not even considering the networking issues at all, even if they were perfect, this game would still be atrocious.

So glad they had a beta though. As a Tom Clancy fan, even predominantly a Ghost Recon fan over all the others, I was set, ready to hand Ubisoft over my $65. Not a chance in hell now, not a single chance.

Robot God
04-20-2012, 08:20 AM
Does anyone else feel like the Bodark have a disadvantage in terms of map design? In every single game, as soon as it starts, I make a mad rush for the first objective. When playing as Ghosts, my squad and I always arrive there first. When playing as Bodark, I have NEVER arrived at the objective before the Ghosts. It seems to me like the Ghosts get a head start every single time, regardless where this random first objective spawns.

On the Pipeline map, a coordinated Ghost team can easily keep the Bodark from reaching any of the objectives. It's much harder to do so on the other map. I'm seriously considering backing out of every game where I start out as Bodark.

I agree.The Ghost team always has an advantage.They seam to be a lot more camping prone from my experience.I always play as Brodark for the reason I spent a lot of upgrades on their guns.Bush hiding snipers are starting to become a pain,only option is to flank them.

DeviousD
04-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Was hyped for this until yesterday when I actually got to play it. And my god what a let down don't think I would even bother renting it.

IrishGorilla64
04-20-2012, 03:47 PM
I like it. It has a little bit of a SOCOM feel for me which I like. I think this will be a day one purchase for me.

benjsimith_ca
04-20-2012, 04:56 PM
I tried this last night for a brief moment and now I want the full game.

XBLsFinest
04-20-2012, 06:01 PM
I quite like this game to be honest. I wasn't sure what to expect, I have never played a Ghost Recon game before but it's really enjoyable in my opinion.

I'd quite like to try playing as a team and going tactically if I'm honest, so far it's just been solo for me, but it's worked out alright. I haven't experienced any lag at all, I play as a Rifleman and I do alright most games, considering a first day buy.

My only worry is that there won't be a huge online following like COD/FIFA, where you are always guaranteed a game with a good chance of it being a good connection.

AirborneRichard
04-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I start this knowing its a beta but i have to remind gamers that its just a mere month almost untill the full retail game hits stores what means the developer team is probly wraping up the final touches as we speak. What means that the time they have left to make the on-line experince work without the obvious bugs atm, I have my doubths and they probly get solved over time by the famous "update available"
I def had fun playing the demo, there are a few things that jump into mind however, that it might be not suit every gamer as this isn,t the basic run the mill kinda shooter as in most MP games where everybody goes "Lone Wolf" this def not plays out well and as some did found out will end up more dead then actualy alive.
The other drawback but that isn,t the games faulth is that when you not have anybody in your current friendslist playing it you end up with random gamers, that on itself isn,t bad ofcourse, but what is bad that nobody is actualy using mic or is the the annoying "Party" what means that alot of the tactical element this serie marks is gone aswell, because now i not be able to communicate with my team and warn them about enemies or to help out at an objective.
The other part is how the game works on-line, it basicly select a random host instead of working directly from a server, so what happens is that depending the hosts internet speed and connection gamers might experince lag or so. Then as happen alot to me yesterday just in one match was that we just about to take the last objective, then all the sudden we get a message "Host Switching" what means the current host quited, so we look at a loading screen thinking "okay" but what happens is that both teams are send back to their start points and have to redo all of the objectives again, its cool one time but not 3 times in a row. So it would be nice to see that fixed somehow, not even have to add some hosts might take advantage of this and droll in the famous lag-switching fun and think its skill.
Last but not least is that ubisoft should reward gamers more who took or hold an objective, at this point it seems it bings more to just go and kill enemies instead of taking objectives, whats in my eyes realy the vision behind the MP part. I read that alot of gamers had the same issues with that. Its easy to be fixed and it def would help to make the MP more tactical because atm its just one team goes after the other and try to net as much kills as possible forgeting about objectives.
Otherwise i,m impressed with it so far even the controls are in need of getting used to at start and the first person view is abit akward.
But i like the cover system and the way the soldiers can go in different stances quikly enough. Lets hope Ubisoft fix these issues and we might have a realy solid and above all fun MP experince in our hands.

Hurricane Of 87
04-20-2012, 07:12 PM
I quite like this game to be honest. I wasn't sure what to expect, I have never played a Ghost Recon game before but it's really enjoyable in my opinion.

I'd quite like to try playing as a team and going tactically if I'm honest, so far it's just been solo for me, but it's worked out alright. I haven't experienced any lag at all, I play as a Rifleman and I do alright most games, considering a first day buy.

My only worry is that there won't be a huge online following like COD/FIFA, where you are always guaranteed a game with a good chance of it being a good connection.

Agreed with this chap, but I just picked up the original Ghost Recon and LOL'd at its general shittiness by today's standards. This beta restores some of the initial enthusiasm I had before playing the original GRAW.

The Splinter Cell: Convicition cover-to-cover mechanic is weird since it's only to a few pre-determined points on your chosen wall sometimes not allowing you to land exactly where you'd like.

Only won as the Ghost team and lost as the Bodark team so I'm inclined to agree with fastNcurious, even if I'm the bottom of whatever team I'm on.

I'd like the Killcams to be in colour, that's the only gripe I've got right now. Nothing major. The Crysis 2 style headshot cam should be used in everything like it is here.

I liked this about as much as I thought I'd like a 3rd person, competitive multiplayer game especially after the asswhoopings I suffered on Red Dead Redemption's Free For All. The Co-op gameplay is more my scene and I'll still probably get this week one for that.

Strid
04-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Agreed with this chap, but I just picked up the original Ghost Recon and LOL'd at its general shittiness by today's standards. This beta restores some of the initial enthusiasm I had before playing the original GRAW.

Today's standards? Are you mad, there are no standards now. It's pretty much a damn race to see who can make the easiest pile of garbage anymore, and suffice to say, I think Red Storm just won.

koopakiller64
04-21-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm a newcomer to the Tom Clancy games besides Splinter Cell so I didn't know what I was expecting. Pleasantly surprised at the moment even touh there are some issues. Onto the questions:

1 Was there anything said about this beta being based on older design or is this pretty much the game?

2 in the progression screen, it shows that I unlocked another Version of my equipped helmet. Was the helmet already updated to Version 2 updated or is there another unlock system that I'm missing?

3 any way to detect or hide from cameras and other devices that spot me? The most annoying thing is running into a detection field and having an enemy come out of hiding to kill me before I can get out of the detection zone.

EDIT: nevermind. Found the answers.

AZxWOLFMANx
04-21-2012, 09:07 AM
Hey guys, I was just wondering about your impressions of the beta. I'm actually enjoying myself with this beta, it's got a fast paced mentality and feels different from the usual Ghost Recon's, almost a Splinter Cell type feel to it. But then again, this approach has turned off a lot of people. But lemme know what you think of it, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Also, if you haven't messed around with the beta, I recorded a match, feel free to laugh at my suckiness ;D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Beta Gameplay - YouTube

robpears
04-21-2012, 09:12 AM
I just hope in the full game they have the option to search for matches without the stupid drones/sensors which show where everyone is, this completely ruins the way Ghost Recon should be played!

Ayx
04-21-2012, 01:50 PM
As a competitive player in Shooter games (Not public matches or leaderboards. I focus on clan matches.) I can feel the flaws coming out little by little.

My biggest gripe is that it's 2012, but everyone can feel this game is two to three years behind it's time. I do appreciate the run & gun gameplay improvement because, lets be honest, most shooter players have been enjoying Gears or Call of Duty where Run & Gun is rewarding compared to tactical moves. Ghost Recon always catered squad combats, but I never helped my teammates once and still was on top of the score boards 9/10 times.

The "DETECTED" scenario where you're displayed behind a wall gets annoying really quick. Why have set ups if you're going to be exposed in a few seconds? It's not like Ghost Recon has a reaction mechanic (GOW: Dodge Roll CoD: Drop/Jump Shot Halo: Jump Turn on), so once you're in a gunfight from somewhere that's not in your main angle, you're pretty much dead.

For people saying "LOL DUN WORRY THEY GUN FIX IT R BETA" about a million times. Do you guys even know the time frame of this? All they're doing is a stress test on the servers and maybe some minor adjustments at best. They're NOT going to nerf/buff anything because of the fact that we don't have access everything, so maybe a gun isn't as strong but with the FMJ bullets or other things it'll become overpowered. The controls are set, it won't be unclunky. Gears of War 3 had the whole summer, as did Call of Duty 4 back then. Do any of you guys remember CoD: WaW's beta that came out a month before the actual game release? Did you notice any actual changes? Didn't think so.

Unless my boys are getting it, I'm not purchasing this game. Thankfully I only shelled $5 for the Pre-Order.

robpears
04-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Nearly everything in this game feels mediocre.

This right here is my main complaint! ^

I just hope in the full game they have the option to search for matches without the stupid drones/sensors which show where everyone is, this completely ruins the way Ghost Recon should be played!

Barad
04-21-2012, 03:31 PM
When it comes to multiplayer, ill stick to Battlefield 3, probably get this for the singleplayer experience then sell it back, it's okay at best but all these guns feel the same and controls are kinda weak. Graphics are horrible but I just hope most of these things are fixed when the real thing comes out. I have nothing against Ghost Recon and really hope this turns out good.

i NatrlKilla i
04-21-2012, 09:54 PM
What's with hacking an enemy? I know it reveals the positions of their team mates, but is that all it does? I ask, because I got hacked earlier, and there was 3 enemies stood about as one of them hacked me, and as I got up, all 3 of them got up and ran off, allowing me to kill all 3 of them.
Then in the game I just played, I hacked an enemy, killed him as soon as he stood up, and the position of his team mates remained, so why did the enemy run off after hacking me?

Am I missing something here?

fastNcurious
04-21-2012, 10:08 PM
What's with hacking an enemy? I know it reveals the positions of their team mates, but is that all it does? I ask, because I got hacked earlier, and there was 3 enemies stood about as one of them hacked me, and as I got up, all 3 of them got up and ran off, allowing me to kill all 3 of them.
Then in the game I just played, I hacked an enemy, killed him as soon as he stood up, and the position of his team mates remained, so why did the enemy run off after hacking me?

Am I missing something here?

You're not missing anything. They're just clueless. It looks to them like you're down and they assumed you would bleed out and die.

I haven't been able to complete a game all day. Played maybe 10 games. Each one ended with getting kicked because server is no longer on line (whatever that means) or host leaves and then host migration fails. Hope the actual game does a better job here.

koopakiller64
04-21-2012, 10:34 PM
You're not missing anything. They're just clueless. It looks to them like you're down and they assumed you would bleed out and die.

I haven't been able to complete a game all day. Played maybe 10 games. Each one ended with getting kicked because server is no longer on line (whatever that means) or host leaves and then host migration fails. Hope the actual game does a better job here.

On the Community News section of the game it says they are periodically reseting the servers to fix the beta. Seems like its getting reset every 20-30 minutes. I'm able to get 1 1/2 matches in before I get booted. Hopefully it gets sorted out sometime soon.

wcreject
04-22-2012, 12:39 AM
can we use the kinect i the beta?

The Eddmeister
04-22-2012, 12:52 AM
can we use the kinect i the beta?

Nah its disabled mate.

Ashy999au
04-22-2012, 05:17 AM
I think its alright, once you start leveling up and getting your guns the way you want, it works out good for you ^_^

WipeoutBoy1
04-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Apart from the lag I am really enjoying it.

Jay R UK
04-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Played a couple of hours now. You have to give it a chance because of the typical CoD-style levelling system. Once you start unlocking useful kit it gets better. I found the engineer to be worse than useless until I got the UAV.

Pipeline is simply a broken map though. Spawn trapping/camping is a major problem.

IXISHADOW
04-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Liking it more than I thought I would, decided to preorder it too.

IntersecTT
04-23-2012, 04:42 AM
game is a lot of fun. love tom clancy games. so far im a beast on this game.

IrishGorilla64
04-23-2012, 03:41 PM
At first, I was not sure if I would like it, but I am really enjoying this game.

twotonkoala
04-23-2012, 04:05 PM
I love Clancy games, played most of them that have come out on the 360. RSV and GR games in particular, always enjoyed them.

This one left a bitter taste in my mouth after purchasing SC Conviction, then not getting a code for the beta, much less early access as was promised me. The continual delays in release also soured me. I decided I would still give it a chance after getting a beta key from a friend of mine (I STILL didn't get my own, which is ridiculous, but I digress).

The game is ok. It definitely didn't blow me away. I think I was looking for reasons to dislike it and save my 60 bucks, and I found enough to do that. It's clunky, and when playing against people that have any sorts of unlocks, the whole cover system becomes pointless anyways (which is a bit goofy with the pre-defined locations you can cover and move to). The maps didn't feel very good, and the MP in general didn't execute like I hoped it would. I really like some things, particularly the weapon customization, but all in all I think this is going to be a pass for me, which is a shame cause for awhile I was really looking forward to it. I might change my mind depending on what modes are available in the full game (e.g. if they still have the up to 8 player co-op like GRAW 2 had, and enough of my friends pick it up...that shit was great fun).

I think it's a good combo b/w BF3 and COD as most have said, but just not enough for me to want to get it.

chizrocker88
04-23-2012, 04:55 PM
I love TC games, but I'm just not a fan of MP. GR:FS is pretty fun for MP, but it's been a long time since I've played GR and it took me awhile to get readjusted to that style of play lol

Overall, pretty fun though. I'm really only buying it for the sp/co-op, but I'm glad to see after all the delays, it's actually going to come out in a month lol

fastNcurious
04-23-2012, 05:06 PM
This one left a bitter taste in my mouth after purchasing SC Conviction, then not getting a code for the beta, much less early access as was promised me.

You don't get a code. If you put in your SCC disc, there should be a menu option to download the beta.

I see where you're coming from on your other points. I feel like the gameplay objectives and the gameplay mechanics don't mesh well. Like you said, the game is kinda clunky, and the gunfights and the time sensitive nature of the objectives (at least as presented in the only game mode in the beta) really demand smoother mechanics. I hate not knowing which objects you can and cannot jump over. I hate not knowing which down slopes will allow you to walk down and shoot simultaneously, and which ones force you into some sliding or climbing down animation during which you cannot shoot.

Pipeline is a horribly designed map (in particular, the easy spawn traps) that hopefully does not properly represent the other maps in the game.

I do like the team-based focus though. And I do like the changing objectives in this game mode. The weapons, equipment, and classes seem pretty balanced to me. (I still think the Bodark are disadvantaged though and have refused to play as them.)

STONE DEVIL
04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
Shitty servers makes for a shitty BETA. All in all...not impressed. Over 2 years in the making and they can't even give us a good BETA.

twotonkoala
04-23-2012, 05:47 PM
You don't get a code. If you put in your SCC disc, there should be a menu option to download the beta.

Right, I saw that. My buddy who also purchased SCC still received codes in his e-mail after signing up for the beta online (which I also did). Even checking my spam mail, I never got anything from them, and their technical support was pretty much worthless. Even using SCC though, there was no early access which was promised when purchasing SCC, just another way to get to the beta. I used a code my friend got cause it was just easier.

The whole thing was messy, to say the least. Not to mention those "uplay" screens look like they're from the 90's.

But really, it comes down to gameplay. You mentioned something very true as well, I hate not knowing what I can/can't jump over, and what I can/can't hide behind. I'll be sitting there behind a wall, trying to cover, but it won't let me because the game apparently wasn't programmed to let me cover there, even those it's big enough for the character model to sit there. Just kind of sloppy. Couldn't agree more with the points you made.

Viewlessratdog
04-23-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm having trouble entering my 19 digit code in order to receive an Xbox redeem code for this bet, i have a PS3 one if anyone wants to trade or help me to activate my Xbox related code. please pm with any info :)

i NatrlKilla i
04-24-2012, 04:35 AM
OK, I now have a favorite hobby in this game. It involves stunning an enemy, hacking them, and then shotgunning their faces into mush.
Works even better when a friend is UAV-ing for you. Watch your back during a hack, and spot enemies to get when there's nothing around. And at 200-300XP for each person killed because of a hack, the points add up quickly :)

13ip0lar
04-24-2012, 10:04 AM
This game sucks dick. I really wanted to get into a Tom Clancy game, and even my friend who is a diehard Rainbow fan said it sucks. We both don't plan on picking it up based on what we've seen. Hopefully the new Rainbow game won't be as awful. Really wanna get into something tactical for a different shooter experience.

sheem
04-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Why would graphics matter so much in the multiplayer? If anything it would hinder the experience as there is so much more to render and the lack of dedicated servers already means that the game needs to do its best for a good connection. I'd rather have the gameplay over graphics any day.

The animations look just fine, its better than the standard ones you get on both CoD and Battlefield, this game isn't some clone.

I don't see the CoD influence at all, if anything its closer to Gears but in an MMS. I've never seen anyone die from being shot in the foot miles away, in fact the cover system works the best out of all the games I've played.

I don't see how you could be getting spawn-camped so easily unless you are just sprinting out into a hail of gunfire. There is more than one exit from the spawn, and when you are pinned it sets up another spawn path, how many games do that? I've had no trouble at all doing well in the game, just flanking and moving and fire with my squad mates.

This game takes more brains than all of the others combined. The gadgetry and magnetic sensor grenades alone add in more strategy than most, and the map design allows for easy flanking manoeuvres and the need to stay together as a team.

The only problem I've seen is the fact that points from objectives are too low. The kills do make up the majority of your score which shouldn't be right and hopefully they might turn around and tweak it a bit, it might put those off who just go for a high K/D and try to play the game as intended.

i cant agree with u more awsome insight i feel the same way i think it by far has the best cover system in a mp game people have to get call of duty out of the subject dont compare it this is most like bf3 the game is very tactical so you can run and gun it is by far the Best GHOST RECON so lets leve it that if you have played 1\2 this is the best graw not cod

sheem
04-24-2012, 03:27 PM

i cant agree with u more awsome insight i feel the same way i think it by far has the best cover system in a mp game people have to get call of duty out of the subject dont compare it this is most like bf3 the game is very tactical so you cant run and gun it is by far the Best GHOST RECON so lets leave it that if you have played 1\2 this is the best graw not cod

Iceman829
04-24-2012, 05:45 PM
I feel like this beta has just confirmed what I already knew before playing it. The first night I played with a few friends and while they were getting used to the controls we won some matches and had some fun. The second night I played alone since no one else was playing. Every match I lost because random players do not and will not help you in objective type games. I like how it plays when the game isn't lagging. I wish I could have more items unlocked just to see how I like the different weapons, but oh well. I'll end up getting this from the bargin bin just because of it being one of those games where if you have no friends playing you have a 3% chance of winning a game of mp. The single player and co-op maps I'm hoping will be enjoyable.

I really started to hate the beta when you and your team finally capture an objective that will win the match only to have the host quit causing that point to be nullified before the timer counts down, which of course only had 5 more seconds to go.

If anyone wants to play feel free to hit me up. I play at nights and gave up trying to lone wolf this game with strangers running away from objectives.

WalterWhite
04-24-2012, 06:54 PM
This game sucks dick. I really wanted to get into a Tom Clancy game, and even my friend who is a diehard Rainbow fan said it sucks. We both don't plan on picking it up based on what we've seen. Hopefully the new Rainbow game won't be as awful. Really wanna get into something tactical for a different shooter experience.

From the sounds of it they're already well on their way to fucking up Rainbow Six as well. It's funny how many shooters there are and how few are worth a shit. I'm hoping Far Cry 3 will be my go to shooter once it's out.

Theoretic Eagle
04-24-2012, 08:07 PM
The beta looks great, the graphics are better then some games and that's a plus. The gameplay is...functional right now I've had a few issues with audio not working and only seeing the enemies as models with no hands, the controls are pure Tom Clancy games. I just wanted to say that people are comparing this to previous GR games which in my opinion it is, on the 360 GR has been a third person. Not in this thread but in others people talk about GH:AW as if it was a FPS, which you had the ability to do. The beta does ge boring with only two maps and one game mode but it's a Beta, and it's 100 times better than the Battlefield Beta. Looking forward to the game, Co-op and Guerrilla Modes will get the most of my attention but if they fix the spawning issues, point system and balance it a little better then MP will get a little more attention. I'm a R6 fan and I am hopeful this will hold me over until Patriots comes out.

Hurricane Of 87
04-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Hi, I've got some n00b ass questions that need answering;

How do you melee kill? (I've gotten close enough top do this several times but don't know which button to use, so just use the good 'ol Machine gun):uzi:

How do you data hack an enemy? (I assume you have to use the stun gun on them first?)

How do you go invisible? (An official gameplay vid made it sound like you just stand still for a period of time and it will automatically happen, but I don't want to wait around forever)

GIitch
04-25-2012, 11:40 PM

How do you melee kill? (I've gotten close enough top do this several times but don't know which button to use, so just use the good 'ol Machine gun):uzi:

How do you data hack an enemy? (I assume you have to use the stun gun on them first?)

How do you go invisible? (An official gameplay vid made it sound like you just stand still for a period of time and it will automatically happen, but I don't want to wait around forever)
A melee kill is the :xbut: button.

Yes, you have to use the stun gun to data hack an enemy.

To become invisible you have to stand still as a sniper. In the full game there is an unlock in the sniper class that allows you to run around invisible. I'm not sure if it's in the beta.

PhantomNemesis
04-25-2012, 11:41 PM

1. Melee kills have to be done from behind as far as I know, you can sneak up on a target and then press X to initiate the animation.

2. In order to data hack, you must first stun them using the Stun Gun sidearm, under barrel attachment or any other device that causes a stun effect. You can then crouch next to them and press X to hack, a progress bar appears which fills up.

Be warned that you and the enemy are completely vulnerable during this time, you can also hack when the enemy is critically wounded. Kill the enemy afterwards, make sure you do or else he can get back up and he won't be pleased!

3. Only the Recon class is able to use the optical camouflage (invisibility) in the multiplayer. In order to do so, you have to be standing still, any movement will break the effect. You can sit in cover and pop out to aim without breaking the cloak, but firing your weapon will break it.

When you level up, you can unlock an enhanced cloak which allows you to move slowly and remain in cloak. You can also attempt stealth kills from the front, the effect is broken after the kill however.

The link below has the main details for the beta and classes:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-11498-Ghost-Recon--Future-Soldier-Beta-Trailers-and-Screens-Open-Fire.html

Dz06lt
04-26-2012, 01:47 AM
free beta code, dont know why my thread was delete i was not asking for anything in return......

first one to enter it obviously gets it

GM39R-YP7JJ-TGQV2-V2MXM-6RR9Z

TRAGICTRIXIE
04-26-2012, 08:34 AM
I am really enjoying the beta, reminds me of bad company 2's rush mode but without the vehicles. The leveling system is cool, i didnt know how to customize my weapons or guy until i was about rank 25 though because i didnt pay attention to the customization screen. The controls are really easy too for anyone who's played mass effect 3 or gears of war.
Some matches here and there lag and the servers reset here and there as well but its a beta, not a demo, so its understandable.
Already pre ordered it and paid it off.
Better than any other tom clancy game to date in my opinion.

AZxWOLFMANx
04-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Right now I'm having trouble enjoying it, a new mode was just released called "Saboteur" and I can't find it fun in the slightest due to teammates who don't play the objective.

And what's up with playing 10 matches in a row, but only playing Mill ONCE!?! Pipeline is the worst map they released with the beta, because out of the 9 I played on Pipeline I probably enjoyed 2 of them because I wasn't being shot as soon as I exited my spawn, the spawn killing is getting out of hand and it's way too easy for the spawn killers.

Despite the spawn killing, this beta is enjoyable, just gotta fix some things so the final result can be even more enjoyable...

Some of those things would be:

1. The killcams, they remind me how off COD's theatre mode is when shooting someone, and you'll occasionally see an invisible character but his gear is just hovering >.>

2. Getting kicked out of servers every few games

3. The lag

4. Being shot behind cover (killcam shows them just blatantly shooting at a place I'm guessing your head should be? and getting killed)

5. Bigger maps, I don't want to feel like I'm playing on a COD sized map where it's just run and gun, like Pipeline. Mill is great because of the open areas and it also provides 4-5 areas of close quarters, definitely the kind of maps I'm used to seeing in a Ghost Recon game.

6. Lastly.... Those damn spawn killing areas. They tried to do it by providing some blocked off areas, giving us "alternative spawn" and allowing to spawn on teammates, but it's just not good enough. There's gotta be something they can do to prevent kids from sitting right outside of a blocked area which provides more cover for a spawn killer and less for an unknowing new spawner >.>

Hurricane Of 87
04-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Right now I'm having trouble enjoying it, a new mode was just released called "Saboteur" and I can't find it fun in the slightest due to teammates who don't play the objective. I feel you. Was about to deliver the bomb to the Silo site on Pipeline, but didn't want to turn to corner with my shitty pistol. I look at my minimap to see when my team mates will get here turn the corner and clear the path. One's in the middle of the map and the other three are at the opposition's bomb site.
Of course when I died and they hear the 'we've lost the bomb' announcement they can't leg it over fast enough.

Thanks for the help Glitch and Phantom. Pretty certain you can hack an enemy who's been incapacitated with bullets, as I ran over to one and saw the prompt at the bottom of the screen.

Might start using the Stun Gun, seems I got stunned from a decent distance of 2-3 metres sometimes and it can cause instant death if you stun the same player twice (It happened to me).

Can you do sideways roll while in the prone position? I know you can do a roll going into prone with B + Sideways direction

PhantomNemesis
04-26-2012, 06:09 PM
You can roll when prone by double tapping the analog stick in the direction you want to roll if I remember correctly.

You can definitely hack someone who is incapacitated by gunfire, and its certainly worth having a stun weapon on the occasion you happen to catch an enemy off guard and he's without his friends. The intel assists alone next 300 xp each, on top of the 500 you get for the initial hack.

ConfederateSuga
04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure if this is allowed, but can someone hook me up with a beta code? My friend is on the fence about the game and wants to try out the beta, but Ubi never e-mailed me my codes. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

i NatrlKilla i
04-26-2012, 08:37 PM
You can roll when prone by double tapping the analog stick in the direction you want to roll if I remember correctly.

You can definitely hack someone who is incapacitated by gunfire, and its certainly worth having a stun weapon on the occasion you happen to catch an enemy off guard and he's without his friends. The intel assists alone next 300 xp each, on top of the 500 you get for the initial hack.

As I posted before, data hacking is my favourite hobby in the beta. I have a stun gun on all of my characters, but usually use engineer with shotgun aswell. Stun>Hack>Mush face with shotgun blast.

sheem
04-26-2012, 08:42 PM
i love the game its very tactical has great cover system its gonna be a fun game. co op story with other modes gurilla mode dont let the beta ruin the whole game most of the stuff in multiplayer is for the story mode its just a bonus for us in online play and i love that over 2million ways to customize your gun with gun smith its just something new and it takes time sure there are glitches and things to bitch about take cod, bf3 ,gears or what ever game you want the list goes on, no game is perfect but with some update games get better, im taking it for what its worth to me its the BEST GHOST RECON GAME COMPARED TO PTS 1\2 nothing else GRAW is GRAW not comparing it to cod or bf3 they made there mark and all these games stand alone there just shooters is all the have in common the all came from a part one til now so all im saying is shut up lol its gonna be a great game if not multiplayer atleast story mode and guerilla and if you play GRAW before its by far the best and i loved the first two graw on was the first shooter i played when i joine live in 2007

koopakiller64
04-26-2012, 11:12 PM
As I posted before, data hacking is my favourite hobby in the beta. I have a stun gun on all of my characters, but usually use engineer with shotgun aswell. Stun>Hack>Mush face with shotgun blast.

I think you're forgetting the key element that helps you with that. *cough *UAV*Cough*

Also, has the Xp bonus for winning a match been increased? I thought it was always an extra 1,000 xp for winning but after playing last night I think it said I got 3,000 xp before the servers went offline.

fastNcurious
04-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Also, has the Xp bonus for winning a match been increased? I thought it was always an extra 1,000 xp for winning but after playing last night I think it said I got 3,000 xp before the servers went offline.

In the official game forum, they said they are making it easier for people to level up (i.e., more XP) so people can unlock more stuff and play with them in the beta.

Having just tried out the new game mode, I can say that it is as disliked as I expected. Unless your team is utter crap, whoever gets to the bomb first almost always wins. Boring. Same reason why I don't play Sabotage in CoD or one bomb in Halo.

I even got yelled at for continually arming the bomb 4 games in a row. I always play the objective so I rush the bomb and then go arm it, game over, less than 5 minutes. 0 kills. 4000+ points. Lol. People were pissed cuz they wanted a longer game and more kills.

Edit: I just checked my stats and with 4 games played, total gametime is 8 minutes, so that means each game averaged 2 minutes. Lol. No wonder they were pissed at me. :D

Corpse87
04-27-2012, 01:41 PM
wont be buying this game!

hype
04-27-2012, 05:17 PM
i'm not a fan of the multiplayer beta but i'm definitely looking forward to the campaign. a few things i definitely don't like --

- the inability to "tag" enemies with the UAV -- sure, i know this isn't MW3, but that's what UAV drones are for. sure u can place a marker in the general area if they're all just sitting in cover waiting, but generally people move around a lot. u gotta be an idiot to stay still after killing someone. besides, u can hack intel or use the motion sensor, but the fucking UAV doesn't work like it's supposed to??!

- if you're in a party, the broken ass server will sometimes put u on different teams -- sure, i'm all for evening up the teams so there's not 5v3, or even placing them on the same team but different factions, but what's the point of joining a game in a party if by the time the match starts we're on separate teams?

- the latency -- not the lag, as i haven't really experienced much of that, but there's times i've laid an entire clip into someone & they didn't die, but two shots from them & i'm dead. one reason i hate multiplayer in shooters. the damage in the description of the guns say one thing but when you're using them it doesn't match up.

- the way people play -- another reason i'm not a fan of most multiplayer shooters, people will sit in one area forever, never moving & rack up kills. it's OBJECTIVE BASED. i don't expect everyone to run out into open fire & get themselves killed, as that would be stupid, but the point is to be tactical. there's no team deathmatch as of yet, so people choose to just camp & rack up kills until there is. i usually get NO support from teammates unless i'm playing with friends, as they'd all rather sit in cover.

i really wish this game was like a shooter i played years ago (can't remember the name at this moment) where if u sat in one spot for more than 10 seconds, you died. that's the best feature i've ever seen in a multiplayer shooter & i REALLY fucking wish it was implemented into more current shooters due to the little shitheads that think they're so pro because they can sit in one spot & wait for someone to come near.

i fully understand it's a beta, but we know how that goes. certain shit won't be changed...maybe the party issue, but needless to say i won't be buying this for the multiplayer.

fastNcurious
04-27-2012, 06:12 PM
- the inability to "tag" enemies with the UAV

If an enemy is in the sights of your UAV and you see a tiny (!) red diamond on their body, it means you've tagged them for your teammates. I was expecting more feedback (like maybe some sound to let you know they're tagged), but as long as you see the tiny red diamond, it means you tagged them.

- the way people play -- another reason i'm not a fan of most multiplayer shooters, people will sit in one area forever, never moving & rack up kills.

In these cases, I just back out and find a new lobby. I've played with plenty of randoms who are good teammates. No mics were needed. We could read each other's movements and acted accordingly. Team-based players are definitely out there, though not as often as we'd like, for sure.

i really wish this game was like a shooter i played years ago (can't remember the name at this moment) where if u sat in one spot for more than 10 seconds, you died.

I agree that is an amazing feature other games should implement. Would make the game more fast paced and eliminate the stationary campers.

Sgt Hartman 87
04-28-2012, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=hype;5039169]
- the way people play -- another reason i'm not a fan of most multiplayer shooters, people will sit in one area forever, never moving & rack up kills. it's OBJECTIVE BASED. i don't expect everyone to run out into open fire & get themselves killed, as that would be stupid, but the point is to be tactical. there's no team deathmatch as of yet, so people choose to just camp & rack up kills until there is. i usually get NO support from teammates unless i'm playing with friends, as they'd all rather sit in cover.

I blame the K/D ratio for this. People seem to care more about their kd stats than anything else in muliplayer nowadays. It changes the way they play, because they care too much about a stat that means nothing in real life.

Doesnt matter what game you play, in the multiplayer people will always camp, spawn kill, and abuse OP weapons, its sadly a fact of multiplayer gaming that we have to accept.

DreddPirate Rob
04-29-2012, 02:36 PM
In these cases, I just back out and find a new lobby. I've played with plenty of randoms who are good teammates. No mics were needed. We could read each other's movements and acted accordingly. Team-based players are definitely out there, though not as often as we'd like, for sure.

I agree that is an amazing feature other games should implement. Would make the game more fast paced and eliminate the stationary campers.

I do the same thing. If people spend their time racking up kills instead of doing the objective i leave once the match ends. I was lucky enough to find a group of randoms who played right. We won 12 games in a row by the time i quit playing.

cdawgoku
04-30-2012, 01:37 AM

Probably the stupidest single feature ever. It's an objective base game where you take AND hold the objective. If I wanna cover a single path to the objective I'm gonna sit on the corner, SOCOM style and cover it. I should be forced to move like a Center in basketball who's in the paint.
Leave that for games that should like CoD or like Unreal Tournement.

Hurricane Of 87
04-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Does anyone bother to use the Tactical Map while playing? Once you know the familiar objective points on a map I don't really see the purpose of using it. I'll probably use it once in the real game just to get the associated achievement.

The Tag function (RB Button) is not very useful either but that more of a depth problem, it'll look like it's in the right place but then I'll rotate the camera and see it's way in front or behind the area I'm trying to point out to my team.

Using a Scout's invisibility whilst in cover seems a little superfluous to me as well. If you run to cover they'll see you. If you fire and don't get a one shot kill you've blown it. If you're behind good cover they aren't going to see you anyway. If they successfully flank you'll still stick out like a sore thumb. I guess the way to go with Scout is to camp but in non-cover places like underneath trees, at the end of bridges and alleyways. On Mill on the eastern side there's some mini-piers by the wooden cabins that players seldom seem to go, so there's another one. I'll try putting these theories into practice later.

fastNcurious
04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Probably the stupidest single feature ever. It's an objective base game where you take AND hold the objective. If I wanna cover a single path to the objective I'm gonna sit on the corner, SOCOM style and cover it. I should be forced to move like a Center in basketball who's in the paint.
Leave that for games that should like CoD or like Unreal Tournement.

Point taken. I was thinking more in terms of pure TDM game types. The latest Medal of Honor had this great game mode where anyone camping would automatically show up on everyone's minimap. It was a TDM game type with no spawning. I enjoyed that for the few times I was able to play it (the player base, especially for the game type, was unfortunately very low, else I would've played heck out of that game).

Hurricane Of 87
05-01-2012, 12:58 AM
WHOA. Easy way to farm XP, just use a UAV you get 600XP for an intel assist. That's more than a kill from cover! Got 15 teamwork assists in one match and came higher than a guy who went 38-19. My K/D? 9-5.
Seems like teamwork pays off in terms of XP instead of being a one man Rambo.
BTW the enemy is 'tagged' only as long as you're looking right at them. Once they leave your field of vision the red diamond disappears. Think of the UAV's effect more as spotlighting than tagging. Just change angle until you highlight as many as once.

I was killed by a guy who I downed (Their condition was Critical according to Killcam) but their machine gun kept going off and killed me. Is there a way to continue firing whilst downed or do you suspect this was some lag?

You can be detected in several ways, some of them obvious (Data Hack, Sensor, Camera) but there's a few that puzzle me. These are SCANNING (Vague!) and OTR SCANNER (Maybe some high level equipment I haven't unlocked yet?) Speaking of which, is there any other way to take out an enemy UAV other than regular gun fire? EMP grenades don't seem to harm it.

Does the laser sight provide some kind of auto-aim assist? It's always seems to lock on instead of waving around my character. I was in cover (Stone bridge on the mill) and the laser was aimed at the cover, I pop out the top, laser follows me up. go back down, laser points at cover again. Pop out to the right, laser follows with me. Suspicious I quickly pop out top, right, top, right, top, right. Laser follows me precisely each time. :confused:

fastNcurious
05-01-2012, 03:38 AM
WHOA. Easy way to farm XP, just use a UAV you get 600XP for an intel assist. That's more than a kill from cover!

Yeah, I was using the UAV a lot when I first unlocked it. Leveled up real quick. I'm pretty sure they will nerf the XP though as I can easily see people just spamming it to try to level up.

I'm more of a run and gunner so I don't enjoy using the UAV. Only times I pull it out is if it's obvious my team sucks and we're going to lose, then I just go for XP. Or if the enemy team has a UAV up, then I switch to that class to level the playing field. Otherwise, rifleman class all the way for me.

Angrym0nkey
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
So the beta is going to be extended for 1 more week according to the Ghost Recon twitter page

"Ghosts – we’ve been working hard to incorporate your feedback into the beta. We want more. The beta period is extended for 1 week!" - @ghostrecon (https://twitter.com/#%21/GhostRecon/status/197734609637744640)

cdawgoku
05-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Point taken. I was thinking more in terms of pure TDM game types. The latest Medal of Honor had this great game mode where anyone camping would automatically show up on everyone's minimap. It was a TDM game type with no spawning. I enjoyed that for the few times I was able to play it (the player base, especially for the game type, was unfortunately very low, else I would've played heck out of that game).

I think I played the beta for the modern MoH but found it silly. I digress. I think in this game in particular, it's not going to work. Your a "Ghost" your unseen and there form shouldn't be seen. In scenario situations like...low health looking to regen, or just got outta a fight that you barely survived(you know those quick 1 on 2 or 1 on 3 fights where you just look for a corner to sit for a sec while your heart beat slows) ummm.... reloads, maybe you hit the x button on accident. There's just too many variables where if your sitting still you should pop up on a tac map.

I'll use a quick example from battlefield 3. Once in a while I like to snipe and in a TDM I didn't really feel like being a mobile sniper, so I'd find a quiet corner and snipe for a bit. While you will be found b/c of the ever changing spawns, I wouldn't have even pulled a sniper rifle out if I felt I was gonna get discovered and killed every 15 seconds.

I'm hearing the ability to be able to ping players on a tac map, perhaps go a bit further and be able to label a specific spot when your dead w/ a tag that might allow for a teammate to be more aware of that area? If that makes sense. (for example you get killed in one of the barns on mill...lets say 2-3 times and you know it's the same guy. instead of killcam'ing it you pull up a TACMAP, drop an arrow or something there for your team to identify it as being a campers spot and being cautious)

Bajan Elite
05-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Hey has anyone realized that if you push the left stick to the right or left and hold down B then you do a barrel roll into the prone position. Such a cool animation. Also here is my idea for data hacks, i posted it in the Ubisoft forums as well. Let me know what you think of it

Also to counteract data hacks, an Anti-hacking device. It is a piece of equipment you unlock at a later level if it is equipped and an enemy is trying to hack you it explodes killing you and the hacker. Its great for those who rather die than compromise their teammates' locations by getting hacked. Also this piece of equipment would be concealed on the solider but it would have some weight to it, so equipping it would effect your soldier's maneuverability.

sheem
05-08-2012, 11:48 PM
when is the beta over anyone know

Bajan Elite
05-09-2012, 03:10 AM
should be this week, it was supposed to end last week but Ubisoft extended it.

Hurricane Of 87
05-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Yeah, it's definitely over now according to Ubisoft's twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/Ubisoft/status/201001743423782912