PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to play room

Axel 360
04-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Hereīs the deal, I have one room, one that actually seems to be the same as a chest map I have, glitch on me.

The glitch prevents me from playing the game. Basically the game seems to be unable to load correctly the room and the frame rate is broken, I can hear the sounds correctly, but visually the game is like a stop motion film, where I jump, move or turn the camera around and have to wait to the action take place without me been able to actually see it. So, if I enter the room, rotate the camera and jump, I may only see two frames of that whole action, one of Gómez entering the room and the next one with the camera already rotated and the character falling. It takes easily 40 seconds to get to the next frame.

I do not know why this happens, but ALWAYS happen. I have turn off the console, turn on again and same glitch, some days had passed I give it a try and same glitch.

Anyone has experience something like that?? ANd if thatīs the case, can someone point out a way to avoid or fix this??? If thatīs not the case, I will really could use some info to get in touch with the developers. I know they are indie and everything but, Í already pay for the game, and I canīt play it, so pretty much Iīm getting furious about this :mad::mad:.

mas4mune
04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
a handful of people are having similar issues. are you using an old style 360? is the HDD almost full? this seems to make things worse. there is a patch on the way, but obviously that doesn't help you now.

Axel 360
04-19-2012, 03:24 PM
a handful of people are having similar issues. are you using an old style 360? is the HDD almost full? this seems to make things worse. there is a patch on the way, but obviously that doesn't help you now.

Well, mine is an arcade X-box, but so far has not give me similar troubles, Iīm actually kind of blessed in that way, cause I havenīt experience bugs in games that everybody has, I even have no problem with Bethesdaīs games.

My HDD has around 29 GB free, so thatīs unlikely my problem. Iīm guessing Iīm just unlucky this time around.

If several people are having the same problem you actually kind of calm me down, cause several people having the same problem will make the developers to look into that. Any idea if that upgrade is already dated or just something we will have to wait?

Oh, and many many thanks dude, this was driving me crazy, and now I still see hope in the horizon. Although I still think is pretty socking that still on this days a game so easy to program like most of the arcades (in comparing to a bigger game) can hold so much break games bugs. Does developers do actually test their own games anymore??? Sad thing, great games totally broken by laziness.

mas4mune
04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
the last i heard was that a patch was in the works. i know a lot of people with older xboxes are getting major slowdown issues as well as the issue you have, so they will get it out ASAP. the thing with QA testing is they tend to forget about older models since they have the latest. you could always contact polytron about it. in fact, they're encouraging it here (http://polytroncorporation.com/fez-issues). good luck; hope it gets fixed soon. i hate to see amazing games tainted with problems on launch. unfortunately such a common occurrence these days.

Th3Element05
04-24-2012, 04:49 AM
I'm not sure, but if its the clock room, then I've heard that making sure the date/time on your 360 is current can solve the problem. It seems that some Xbox have the date set to sometime back in 2005 for some reason.

Insert Coin Here
04-24-2012, 07:07 AM
HOW TO FIX THE CLOCKROOM, IF UNPLAYABLE (EDIT)

u only need to refresh your system time to the actual date 2012

TESTED - it works 4 me...!!!

wich MOD i have to contact to change the Thread-Title incl. FIXED ???

-------------------------------------------------------------------

i have heard the same about wrong system times like 2005...

i will test it in a few minutes...;)
so look @ my EDIT...!!!

hydroxyde
04-24-2012, 01:49 PM
They (Polytron) must be doing something incredibly stupid for the year that the 360 is set to to matter at all.

Axel 360
04-24-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure, but if its the clock room, then I've heard that making sure the date/time on your 360 is current can solve the problem. It seems that some Xbox have the date set to sometime back in 2005 for some reason.

Wow dude, this is my mind blower of the day. Mine is one of those, always tough it was weird since playing online obviously change it automatically, but when Iīm offline again it gets back to 2005 if the console goes off and back to on. Every time my console gets reset, is a travel to the long past of 2005 XDXDXD

Thanks a lot guys, that rooms holds the last regular cubes Iīm missing and since I canīt seems to find out the way to decrypt the alphabets besides the direction one (tetris pieces) itīs basically the last thing that my skill can help me get. Will try in a few hours and will eventually post if works just like the comment above.

Axel 360
04-25-2012, 01:47 AM
Sweet Jesus taking a bath in guacamole salsa!! It works!! It friking works!

I was totally stone watching some Arrested Development and thinking "should I gently masturbate myself to sleep or rather spend some time with videogames?" when I decide to give this a try.

Never, EVER, should a guess such a random fact could actually make a game glitch, but it does.

Again, my humble thanks gentleman, I can finally get back to the game and keep hunting those elusive cubes.