PDA

View Full Version : Friend doesn't buy Conviction - Gets beta code. I buy it - Don't get code

O0mix0O
04-19-2012, 01:19 PM
My friend sent me a screenshot of his email from ubi rewards with a link to a beta code and started to download it. He didn't buy Splinter Cell and hasn't won any kind of competition.
I however, bought Splinter Cell: Conviction on release and my email told me to put in my disc and download it from the main menu. Only problem is, I sold the game at the start of this year as I was thinking they'd decided to cancel the beta.

Has anyone else received an email with a beta code and not bought Conviction? Because if this is the case then it is extremely unfair IMO.

(I did manage to get a code from the video in this thread: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=366763 - But my point still stands)

Turkdaballa6
04-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Umm... If you have conviction you dont need the code... If you bought conviction brand new and already hooked up your uplay account to it whenever you bought it, you can get a used copy and install the beta now. I went and got my used copy of conviction for 10 bucks from gamestop 2 days ago and now I am playing the beta ;)

LeiChat
04-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Same happened to me, except the friend was my girlfriend.
She'd registered with Ubi for Your Shape evolved. Luckily for me she's not fussed about the beta.
Hope you manage to get a code elsewhere, there's lots of sites and xbox folk on twitter giving them away.

R Miller 69
04-20-2012, 11:55 PM
I didn't even play conviction and some reason I got 3 codes.

Jay R UK
04-21-2012, 05:14 PM
I literally decided last night I'd like to try the beta. I went into town today, picked up a used copy of Splinter Cell for a fiver, loaded it up and downloaded the beta from the menu. You don't even need the disc after that, the beta launches from the dashboard.

XBL Unreal
04-22-2012, 02:45 PM
I literally decided last night I'd like to try the beta. I went into town today, picked up a used copy of Splinter Cell for a fiver, loaded it up and downloaded the beta from the menu. You don't even need the disc after that, the beta launches from the dashboard.
Glad to know. I didn't even know the beta was going :confused: