PDA

View Full Version : Help On Technique

IOnEI Falcon
04-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Just looking for some advice. I am having a tough time with a certain flow that occurs a lot. How do I make sure I get up an incline that I landed on from a previous jump without flipping over my back OR doing the little bounce move making my guy lean forward and the back tire lean up so I just slide down the slope. I can't seem to get it where I just land on the slope, hold forward and go up it. Thanks!

Maka
04-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Just looking for some advice. I am having a tough time with a certain flow that occurs a lot. How do I make sure I get up an incline that I landed on from a previous jump without flipping over my back OR doing the little bounce move making my guy lean forward and the back tire lean up so I just slide down the slope. I can't seem to get it where I just land on the slope, hold forward and go up it. Thanks!

Make sure you land on your back tire, with some gas applied. The impact will have your front tire then hit the ramp, and bounce back up. At this point increase your throttle and push your front tire down, until both of them are maxed.

This should let you slowly gain speed, up an incline without flipping, or rolling backwards from being on your front tire.

IOnEI Falcon
04-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Okay, cool. Thank for your reply! I will try it out.

danbady1
04-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Make sure you land on your back tire, with some gas applied. The impact will have your front tire then hit the ramp, and bounce back up. At this point increase your throttle and push your front tire down, until both of them are maxed.

This should let you slowly gain speed, up an incline without flipping, or rolling backwards from being on your front tire.

That's excelent advice, if you're still stuck load up a replay of someone else doing it, just go on to leaderboard and press y (i think).

You can press LB and slow down the speed and tou'll see the above advice put into practice!

Good luck!

pined5551
04-20-2012, 12:45 AM
That's excelent advice, if you're still stuck load up a replay of someone else doing it, just go on to leaderboard and press y (i think).

You can press LB and slow down the speed and tou'll see the above advice put into practice!

Good luck!

Trials is such a well thought out game to include little features like that. I love watching other peoples replays... makes me feel like i might as well have no thumbs though haha.

Genesis x360a
04-20-2012, 02:22 AM
Makas advice is good and is 1 of 2 methods I use for jumping onto inclines. Another method I use is when Im in the air going off the jump/incline towards the next incline I will let the rider reset (Or move him) to the default riding position. Doing this will cause the bike to hit the incline with both wheels at the same time causing a very slight bounce, when this happens you can lean backwards, apply the gas (A little) and you can rest/stop on the incline, lean forward and full gas at the same time and this will power you up inclines.

This is a good method also if the incline has a box or something else in the way as it gives you time to get your bearings and plan the hop to take you over the obstacle before powering on forward.

This doesn't work for every incline for example Inferno 3 and its 3 80% Inclines in a row :mad: but its the one I use for most.