PDA

View Full Version : The Wreck

Trips
04-20-2012, 01:35 AM
I can't, for the life of me, get past the final obstacle on this map. I can't get over the box on the incline!! It's so brutal. I have faulted over 1000 times now on just that one part in particular.

Does anyone have any advice or tips? I have watched some replays on the leader boards but it's no use, I cant hop that damn box.

jdawg529
04-20-2012, 03:59 AM
I hated that track with a passion, I eventually resorted to watching this IGN video gold run and just following it almost exactly.

For that box on the incline im pretty sure you have to land on the incline near the beginning and try to time in a bunnyhop while speeding up it. Good luck!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/04/18/trials-evolution-the-wreck-gold-run

DFizzle720
04-20-2012, 04:23 AM
That ramp with the box I did pretty much what jdawg mentioned. From the entry ramp I gunned it and tried to land on the incline as parallel as possible and in a neutral riding position so I could load up a hop. The only way I could do it was in one motion as opposed to settling on the incline and then accelerating up.

HigH-SideR
04-20-2012, 11:44 AM
It's so easy to get by if you just start from the first box with the checkpoint. Get that little bounce and bunnyhop up onto the last box.

Trips
04-21-2012, 05:40 PM
That ramp with the box I did pretty much what jdawg mentioned. From the entry ramp I gunned it and tried to land on the incline as parallel as possible and in a neutral riding position so I could load up a hop. The only way I could do it was in one motion as opposed to settling on the incline and then accelerating up.

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I tried and got in in about 10 tries. I just wasn't thinking to gun it from low on the first ramp, go neutral, and bounce to the box but man that makes it fairly easy. I'm so happy to have finished this level now. Thanks again!

Also to the guy who poster right above me. I meant the obstacle right before the final hop to the finish. It was the incline with he box on top that was giving me a hard time. Thanks nonetheless!

Xer0 Ph0kus
04-21-2012, 10:38 PM
yea screw that box. I wasted my last 150 faults on that thing. I could never get the momentum to carry me over it. I tried a few rounds and wasn't feeling it tonight so I'll come back tomorrow and see how I do.